NEWS

The finer aspects of Chemistry

• 8 Replies

prismite

• Omae
« on: <10-06-17/1318:08> »
Just a quick ??? for the GM's out there. I have a player that is, for one reason or another, interested in making their own drugs. Nova-Coke and more have already been planned out.

Is there a supplement that goes over this that I've missed, or is anyone using a set of house/custom rules to govern this?

-P
Want to join a skype game on R20 on Sundays? PM me!

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-06-17/1419:39> »
Is this SR5? See Chrome Flesh, p. 190-2 for custom drugs.

Or were you talking about using Chemistry to make the pre-existing drugs? There's a short paragraph on p. 191-2 that gives some basic guidelines.

prismite

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-06-17/1505:04> »
SR5 yes.

I see that it says:
"Mixing customized drugs requires a Chemistry + Logic Extended Test with a threshold equal to the drug’s Availability x 2 and an interval of eight hours."

I guess I can keep this formula for making the stock drugs as well.
Thanks

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3 on: <10-08-17/0641:57> »
If the character isn't developing, just cooking something they have a recipe for, you might allow them to make 100 doses per test or something.  You should impose the penalties for cooking (and, presumably, selling) drugs on them, though - vice cops start to get interested, local gangs and syndicates want to control the character's production, citizens who want the character to stop hire other 'runners to make hits (or just start throwing rocks at your windows until they break, after which the white phosphorus grenade goes in) ....

Going into production for themselves can be a very steep and slippery slope to 'Gee I'm Fuckedsville' unless you're very lenient; considering that cooking can be a way to make a lot of money, this is something you should pay a LOT of attention to, as well as discuss with your players.  If they want to play Breaking Bad, that's fine - but the PCs should remember that even right from the beginning Walter White was prized mainly because his 'exclusive' twist on the product was so good; if they could find that out, he'd've been dead for sure.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

legionof1

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-08-17/1355:39> »
Speaking as a player in said game, the train to fuckedsville has already left, more sources of lethal threat is a "get in line, the run has first dibs" situation. Death has become something of a frequent business transaction rather then fear. "Oh hey, here's another edge point, same time next week?"

prismite

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <10-17-17/1822:03> »
Speaking as a player in said game, the train to fuckedsville has already left, more sources of lethal threat is a "get in line, the run has first dibs" situation. Death has become something of a frequent business transaction rather then fear. "Oh hey, here's another edge point, same time next week?"

Sorry you feel this way after 2 sessions.

legionof1

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <10-17-17/1902:30> »
Sorry it got taken the wrong way, i love the game but it is admittedly very different from standard fare which is much of its charm. But what wyrm is suggesting just might not have any real impact on us players. I'm mightily enjoying the trip through Hell in a hand basket, but it is a trip through hell all the same. A visit to/by anything more mundane afterwards....not getting my juices flowing.

prismite

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-17-17/1955:08> »
Sorry it got taken the wrong way, i love the game but it is admittedly very different from standard fare which is much of its charm. But what wyrm is suggesting just might not have any real impact on us players. I'm mightily enjoying the trip through Hell in a hand basket, but it is a trip through hell all the same. A visit to/by anything more mundane afterwards....not getting my juices flowing.

Fair enough, I s'pose.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #8 on: <10-18-17/0248:03> »
I am fairly confident that all of the rest of us are lost.  :P
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.