NEWS

Umbrae Europae [IC]

• 209 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #195 on: <11-04-16/0715:07> »

Seeing the car on the AR feeds, Frank tries move around to have a decent line of sight of the car, to observe it in the Astral.

[spoiler]
@Jack_Trade I guess there is a way from Frank to astrally see the car and just confirms that whoever is inside is magically active (no assenssing, just spoting the aura. Let me know if you want me to roll something  for that.
[/spoiler]

>>> Waywalker, assuming this is our target, do we simply try to crash his car ? You might be able to do that with the drone or the van. On my side I'll find a nice spot to shoot him. What do you think ?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #196 on: <11-04-16/0727:45> »
[spoiler]
Sorry, auras don't extend outside the car - and the car has wifi disabled

Windows are tinted by default, so no visual detection either.

On the other hand it's after midnight and this is the only piece of traffic at the moment.
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #197 on: <11-04-16/0819:49> »

Looking at the dark, opaque spot moving throught the astral, Frank shrugs "Well, that was worth a try anyway".

>>> Waywalker, I can't confirm the mark is in the car, but I guess we can take the risk. If you are OK with my plan, and are ready to crash the car, I'll find a nice, in range spot to hide and finish him off with some gunslinging when the bastard attempt to get out of wreckage...

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #198 on: <11-05-16/0802:57> »

"Roger! Be ready for a hell of a show!"
Waywalker switched personas with his RCC, then jumped in the van.
Going at a high speed, he aimed for crashing in the side of the Bulldog.
A brief moment before the crash, he jumped out of the van and in the Rotodrone.
[spoiler]
pilot groundcraft (jumped in): 13d6t5 4
Pilot Aicraft (Rotodrone): 9d6t5 1
Pilot Aicraft (Rotodrone) jumped in: 13d6t5 2
Body 12, Speed 3 (5 with control rig), I aim for the side of the van.
[/spoiler]
«Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.»

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #199 on: <11-05-16/1027:32> »
[spoiler]
Fun, fun, ram. ;D

First, this is a handling environment not a speed environment. The GMC Armadillo has Body 13 Armor 10
Speed is 4 at 80m/turn therefore Body x2 DV

Your target is a GMC Bulldog BOD 16 Armor 12
Driver goes full defense:
Defense: 15d6t5 6 But thanks to his handling he can't use more than 3 successes. Tough luck.

One Net Success, 27 DV AP -6
Soak: 22d6t5 7
20 Damage: Car is totaled.
Driver Damage: Soak: 19d6t5 8
Spending Edge to reroll misses:
Soak Rerolls: 11d6t5 2
17 DV
Driver is paste

Damage to Ramming Van:
14 DV AP -6
Soak: 18d6t5 8

6 DV Car is still operational:
Autopilot tries to get car back under control:
Control: 7d6t5 4
Car stops and notifies you that it had an accident.
[/spoiler]

The hell of a show went according to plan: The GMC Armadillo accelerated down the short stretch of road, precisely at the right moment as the GMC Bulldog came into sight. The driver tried to avoid the collision, but the heavy van wasn't quite agile enough to avoid being hit just right behind the rear axle. The car suddenly spun like a top before crashing at full speed into a tree, wrapping itself around it like a particular ugly decoration.

The Armadillos right front lights were smashed, but the car still worked and the auto pilot brought it to a stop, signaling that it had just been in a severe accident.

Frank walked over to the destroyed car: The windows had shattered and even though the airbag had deployed it hadn't been enough to safe the driver. Blood was everywhere. Freeing his head from the deflated airbag revealed the severely deformed face of Anton.

talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #200 on: <11-05-16/1431:53> »

Witnessing the scene from his privileged point of view up in the air, Waywalker enjoyed the show. The thought that his body was safe in his rigger cocoon while Anton died made him smile.
"Always took the safety options when you buy a new car..." he thought. "It looks like a genuine accident, so I don't think we should have worries from the cops or Anton's friends, or at least I hope so."
Waywalker took some photos with the Fly-Spy to send it to their Johnson to secure the kill.
"Franck, I think we can confirm the kill to the Johnson and then go and collect our rightful payment. Do you think I can recall my drone from the Museum? I'd let the girls go, I don't think they would be a liability."

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #201 on: <11-05-16/1825:39> »

Frank was still looking at Anton's body, still surprised their plan - as simple as it was, actually worked, when Waywalker message came in.

>>> Yes, we can let's the girls go but I would send them a picture of Anton's body, both to have confirmation and send them a clear message about not trying to double cross us. Don't you fell like me this was, somehow, too easy ? Regarding leaving the body here.... Well, I am french, so you see, I have a hard time, letting err... Letting a good meal go to waste ! Sorry if I put some images in your head.

While chatting with Waywalker, Frank decides also to check out the body in astral. After all, Anton already tried to trick'em with some cheap spells...

[spoiler]
Assensing Anton corpse: 9d6t5 5
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #202 on: <11-06-16/0332:51> »
The astral revealed that a violent death had occured and that the now dead man had had the signature of a magically active awakened. There was no sign of an illusion or veiling.

Unless Anton had had a body double ready that was also an magician, it was pretty certainly his body.

For once the brute force attempt had worked as intended.

talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #203 on: <11-06-16/0853:35> »

"Franck, do you see the pattern? If brute force doesn't work, it's because you're not using enough!"

Waywalker's laugh was transmitted by the commlink.
"Also, I do not have any problems with ghouls, so let's do this way: First we confirm the kill to the Johnson, then we let the girl go and I go to the safehouse. What you do after is your decision."
Waywalker jumped out of the drone and was now in the Matrix, then from VR to AR in his body, safely in the rigger cocoon.
Calling the secure line the Johnson put up, he sent the pictures of the blood samples destroyed and of Anton's dead body.
"We have confirmation of your request. Please provide us with our honorary."
While waiting for the Johnson's response, he instructed his Agents to be sure no one was coming to bother them, the Rotodrones to land in the van, and the Fly-Spy to patrol the street just to be extra sure.

[spoiler]I'm specifically looking for cops and/or DocWagon teams
Deck configuration: A 2/S 3/D 6(7)/F 4, running VM, Agent, Toolbox, Wrapper.
Teamwork test from Sekretar: 6d6t5 4
Matrix Perception (Agent): 12d6t5 7
Pilot Aicraft (Rotodrone): 9d6t5 5
Pilot Aicraft (Fly-Spy): 9d6t5 1
Fly Spy Perception (EW): 9d6t5 2[/spoiler]

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #204 on: <11-06-16/1340:03> »

Smiling at Waywalker quibs about brute force, Frank sent the following message to the girls:

>>> Girls, the deed is done. Before you scatter away I hope you understand that you are only alive because my partner and I are not the biggest assholes in our line of work. With any other runner, you'll be both lying in a pool of your own blood - like your now smashed-faced lover. I hope you get the lesson, and more importantly, remember that you both owe us one.

That being done, Frank send a pic and the following message to their M.Johnson

>>> Evening my Lady. As you can see, your nemesis has made his maker. His stash has also been taken care of, and the small organisation behind the blood-blackmailing stuff is also gone. We wait for the wire transfer, have a good day.

Frank copies over to an other Meta-Link the commlinks number of both their employer and the girls to an other commlinks, and gets ready to soon format again the burner he used for this mission.

>>> Waywalker, this went pretty well don't you think ? What about you leaving you freakin' VR and have a beer ? Oh, and would mind bringing the van around - if it still in one piece ? My meal is getting cold ;)

The ghoul takes a last look at the crash scene and the dead blood mage. Smiling like a 4 years old kid in a candy shop, Frank regrets he does not smoke cigar, as it would have been the perfect addition to what he is about to say - grinning:

"Oh, I just love when a plan comes together..."

[spoiler]
@Jack_Trade The "you owe us one" is obviously aiming at turning both Eli & Gis into contact - with the Blackmail qualities if appropriate. And the A-Team quote is an attempt to close this story :) - if, of course, it is indeed over...
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #205 on: <11-06-16/1500:31> »
The reply came promptly: <<That was quick work. Thank you. The full sum has been sent to the account and you are free to withdraw it. I'll sure remember your and your fixer's number. Good night.>>

From the girls the team only received a <<we understand>>

Then it was time to leave the site of the accident: Somewhere in the distance a siren could be heard - probably still four or five minutes away.

At a leisurely pace the team made their way to their hard earned rest...

[spoiler]
The girls are a contact of C2/L1
Frau Weiß is C4/L2

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #206 on: <11-06-16/1630:10> »

"Sure Franck, let's meet at the safehouse, is still paid! I even think there is soybeer."

Waywalker sent a text to his Mechanic:
"Hi, I've been in an accident and my van need some repairs...could you fix it?"

[spoiler]How much should the repair cost?[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #207 on: <11-06-16/1715:32> »
[spoiler]
You won't like that:

per R&G p.143
you pay 10% of the cars price per box of damage alone for parts (Armadillo is 22.000, so 6x2.200=13.200)
The mechanic costs (Skill rating x hours x 10) nuyen

Automotive Mechanic + Logic [Mental] (12, 1 hour) Extended Test
Let's assume a DP of 12 (4 Logic, 6 Skill, 2 bonus from tools and stuff)
With bought hits that's  3+2+2+2+2+1= 6 hours of work: 360 nuyen for work

All in all you are looking at 13.560 nuyen repair bills
[/spoiler]

The reply came quickly: <<Sure, let me see a foto...>>
<<Puh, that won't be cheap. You could sooner get a new one, you know.>>

talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #208 on: <11-06-16/1937:26> »

Loading the body in the van, Frank realises the vehicule has been quite damage in the ramming...

>>> He, Waywalker ! Let me contribute to half of the cost of fixing up this ride. After all, the van did more/less our job...

[spoiler]
I hate odd number so I'm wiring 7k nuyens to Waywalker
[/spoiler]

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #209 on: <11-07-16/0203:42> »
"Thank you Franck. I really hope to work with you in the future.

After loading the body, the van headed to the safehouse.
"I'll be back in a couple of hours, enjoy your meal while I take care of the van. And thank you for sharing the expenses."

Leaving the ghoul and the body at the safehouse, Waywalker went to the mechanic.
"Here is it, and the bill is full covered. As usual, half now and half after the work."

In the return, he grabbed a few soybeers to share with Franck.