NEWS

The Official Scoop on Official Shadowrun Errata

• 223 Replies

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #180 on: <10-22-17/1516:31> »
As a Techno player, I love the 10/10 (edited 10/20) errata post.

Quote from: Patrick Goodman
"Priority Table Clarification (P. 65, Priority Table)
In the Magic or Resonance column for Technomancers, change the number and type of skills in each row as follows:

Priority A: Change from "two Rating 5 Resonance skills" to "three Rating 5 skills from Resonance, Electronics, or Cracking skill groups"
Priority B: Change from "two Rating 4 Resonance skills" to "three Rating 4 skills from Resonance, Electronics, or Cracking skill groups"
Priority C: Change from none to "three Rating 2 skills from Resonance, Electronics, or Cracking skill groups"
« Last Edit: (15:16:40/10-20-17) by Patrick Goodman »"

But I honestly think a more balanced approach might be to only add 2 skills to C, and 1 at half-strength to A and B. (So B would have a third at 2 and A's third would be at 3).

But idk.  Maybe that's just my inclination to split the difference talking.
« Last Edit: <10-22-17/1523:15> by HP15BS »
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #181 on: <10-24-17/1114:33> »
As a Techno player, I love the 10/10 (edited 10/20) errata post.

Quote from: Patrick Goodman
"Priority Table Clarification (P. 65, Priority Table)
In the Magic or Resonance column for Technomancers, change the number and type of skills in each row as follows:

Priority A: Change from "two Rating 5 Resonance skills" to "three Rating 5 skills from Resonance, Electronics, or Cracking skill groups"
Priority B: Change from "two Rating 4 Resonance skills" to "three Rating 4 skills from Resonance, Electronics, or Cracking skill groups"
Priority C: Change from none to "three Rating 2 skills from Resonance, Electronics, or Cracking skill groups"
« Last Edit: (15:16:40/10-20-17) by Patrick Goodman »"

But I honestly think a more balanced approach might be to only add 2 skills to C, and 1 at half-strength to A and B. (So B would have a third at 2 and A's third would be at 3).

But idk.  Maybe that's just my inclination to split the difference talking.

Meh, it is a couple skill points on one of the weakest primary archetypes in the game. It isn't going to break anything.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #182 on: <10-27-17/2342:12> »
Thanks Patrick. This is truly appreciated!  8) :)
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #183 on: <01-01-18/1955:57> »
Any news for the new year? (and is the fourm better now?)

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #184 on: <01-27-18/1951:14> »
are you guys ok?

Ein

• Newb
« Reply #185 on: <02-21-18/2330:12> »
Something i noticed today trying to download the Run Faster Errata. It says the file cannot be found.
« Last Edit: <02-21-18/2332:03> by Ein »

adzling

« Reply #186 on: <02-23-18/1344:20> »
there are a few errata team members continuing our work however sadly our leader has been awol for months and most of the errata team has disappeared due to the constant forum outages and have not returned.

i hope at some point someone in the future catalyst will come back and give a shit, until then myself and a few other dedicated errata members continue to toil in enforced secrecy waiting for the day that someone does.

best of luck out there

SlashXVI

• Newb
« Reply #187 on: <02-24-18/0407:50> »
there are a few errata team members continuing our work however sadly our leader has been awol for months and most of the errata team has disappeared due to the constant forum outages and have not returned.

i hope at some point someone in the future catalyst will come back and give a shit, until then myself and a few other dedicated errata members continue to toil in enforced secrecy waiting for the day that someone does.

best of luck out there

Well damn, but then again I guess bad news is batter than no news. I really hope the project is not completely dead (can you publish anything without a leader?). Looking at the community at large, there are probably enough people willing to work with you guys (heck I would if I had any kind of references to qualify me for that job), though that is probably not on your minds right now, as there is little reason in finding people to do work that may never see the light of day. 
Just let me say that I appreciate the work you have done and are still doing and I hope I keep seeing you around.

LazloZingo

• Newb
« Reply #188 on: <02-27-18/1635:04> »
there are a few errata team members continuing our work however sadly our leader has been awol for months

Maybe he will be willing to pass the mantle of leadership on to someone else who has the time to devote to the project? There is no shame in real life happening and taking away from your volunteer time. The problem is when you are unable to let go and let someone else take over. :-/

Thank you for your continued efforts, Adzling!

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #189 on: <03-01-18/1905:28> »

best of luck out there

Patrick has been Modnapped?? :o
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #190 on: <05-27-18/1720:37> »
What the pulse on this?

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #191 on: <05-28-18/0341:17> »
I'm the new Errata Coordinator, and we're continuing to work on errata!  I'd give more details, but I genuinely don't really know what the NDA I signed covers so, may as well play it safe.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #192 on: <05-28-18/0405:03> »
Makes sense. Better safe than sorry after all, otherwise we have to wait for your replacement. :P Good luck! ;D
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #193 on: <05-28-18/1218:23> »
Good luck firebug!

Let me know if you guys need more matrix related things to errata/clarify ;-)

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #194 on: <05-28-18/1221:21> »
I'm the new Errata Coordinator, and we're continuing to work on errata!  I'd give more details, but I genuinely don't really know what the NDA I signed covers so, may as well play it safe.

Nice to see you firebug... I had wondered what became of you!

Should I offer congratulations or condolences on your new responsibilities?
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.