NEWS

[SM OOC] 6-02 Amber Waves of Grain

• 217 Replies

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #15 on: <04-26-16/1429:56> »
My character is underage... he has never been on a run once.... so I guess I will play like that.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <04-26-16/2335:51> »
Ok team, here's the first post.  I'll try to post once a day, every weekday.  http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24026.0
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <04-27-16/0802:40> »
Just a heads up, today is my wife's birthday, so I probably won't be able to post as substantially as I'd like, but I should be able to later today

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <04-27-16/1020:41> »
Marcus will head to the pancake house after he gets the message and park his car about a block away. It's a complete throwback with no electronics, no pilot, no nothing, and he's got a smuggling compartment in it where most of his gear is stashed.

He'll be carrying his EvoTech Himitsu in Running Silent mode on the Public Grid (14 dice to oppose Matrix Perception Tests), and otherwise just go dark and observe the place from a distance while waiting for Dr. Martin Tate to get back to him with what he knows about this Sid Gambetti guy. In addition to the commlink he's carrying a concealed Remington Suppressor (-3 conceal), a survival knife (-4 conceal), 3 spare extended clips with hand loaded regular ammo (-4 conceal), and a flashlight. He's wearing his baseball cap with trodes, a biomonitor, and his Ares Victory Rapid Transit Elite, Forearm Guards, and Lined Coat for a total AV of 4 natural + Lined Coat 9 + Forearm Guards 1 = 14.

Throwing in a couple of Perception tests, let's call it 15 minutes of surveillance each, as well as composure tests because my Lack of Focus negative quality may well end up getting to me.

0-15 minutes: Perception test: Perception (Visual) 5 (+2) + Intuition 4 + Hawk Eye 1 [Mental 5]: 12d6t5 2
15-30 minutes: Composure check: Charisma 2 + Willpower 4 (3): 6d6t5 2
And failed. So after 15 minutes I get bored, and daydream for 15 minutes before resuming my surveillance.

30-45 minutes: Perception test: Perception (Visual) 5 (+2) + Intuition 4 + Hawk Eye 1 [Mental 5]: 12d6t5 5
Composure check: Charisma 2 + Willpower 4 (3): 6d6t5 3
Success! I'll spend the remaining 15 minutes watching the place until the time of the meet and then head on in.

45-60 minutes: Perception test: Perception (Visual) 5 (+2) + Intuition 4 + Hawk Eye 1 [Mental 5]: 12d6t5 3

Note: These rolls are more for myself, but feel free to throw in any detail of what my character might see. I'm looking for anything that stands out, essentially; people carrying obvious and/or concealed weapons, people with odd mannerisms, security features, the usual slightly paranoid runner stuff. Because of the Reception Enhancer bioware I ignore penalties due to interfering sensory input and for being distracted. I didn't add the specifically looking bonus because there's probably going to be a penalty or two, especially if people are concealing weapons.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <04-27-16/1954:21> »
Assuming there are no obvious threats seen by her fly spy, Kereina will go into the waffle house with her suppressor in the smuggling compartment in her leg, and wait to be seated.

On a separate note, anyone know where I can find a vehicle/drone size comparison chart? Thought about having her steel lynx in the step van, but not sure it would fit since it is a large drone.

Edit: Found quite a bit of stuff regarding drone sizes all the way back to SR2. Size of lynx specifically is about waist high and about a full body length long (I'd guess around 3' x 6' x 4') but rules regarding carrying drones, or even drone launch pads are not yet in 5e, so currently up to the gm. In any case, I'd wager a lynx would fit pretty comfortably in the storage area of the vehicle, and I'll plan accordingly if the future need arises. Barring gm change of course.
« Last Edit: <04-27-16/2113:09> by CraterShip »

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <04-28-16/0032:52> »
Rigger 5.0 has drone launch pad rules.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <04-28-16/0722:43> »
biotech66
Does my contact know anything about Sid that he's willing to share? I've got Martin Tate (Connection 5, Loyalty 2) as my one and only contact, but he might have heard of Sid.

ETA:
Forgot about the missions rules for asking contacts about stuff. Here's the roll for whether or not Dr Tate is willing to share any info:
Charisma 2 + Etiquette 1 + Loyalty 2 - Superhuman Psychosis 2: 3d6t5 1
« Last Edit: <04-28-16/1036:09> by Herr Brackhaus »

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <04-28-16/1121:04> »
Rigger 5.0 has drone launch pad rules.

I did finally find that as well, but don't really want to go editing sheets now. Thank you for the response though! Looks like I may be using some of the money we get from this mission to add a couple extras to her vehicles

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <04-28-16/1132:10> »
CraterShip
I'd say that's a great question for the Mission FAQ; at my personal table we handle it as 1 large drone taking up 2 seats unless it's a walker drone, with GM calls based on the fact that some "large" drones are exceptionally large.

Effectively, some vehicles may also have more storage space than seating, as in the case of the step-van, so it's not something that can be easily quantified unfortunately.

And we reserve Drone Racks for being able to quickly launch drones; without them it just means you're going to have to deploy them in a more manual fashion, like opening the door for your Lynx to roll out, maybe even put down ramps for it to embark/disembark.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <04-28-16/2309:53> »
Teamworking the Negotiations test:
Charisma 2 + Negotiation 1 [Social 4]: 3d6t5 0 [3, 1, 2]
And wiff. Sorry guys, but at least I didn't glitch or anything.

As for off-road transport, I've got a decent vehicle for that but it only seats 3 including a gunner. Total throwback, though, so impossible to spot from the Matrix at least. Think this thing, but without the guns.
« Last Edit: <04-28-16/2319:09> by Herr Brackhaus »

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <04-29-16/0937:11> »
Hahaha, nobody has any negotiation skills? If I'd known that I'd have edged my roll...

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <04-29-16/1019:11> »

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <04-29-16/1048:43> »
Did you use Edge to Push The Limit, Irn0rchid, and if so, shouldn't you be rolling 7 dice (Charisma 3 + Edge 4)?

If not, you need to use 6d6 T 5, not H. Didn't matter in this case because no sixes were rolled, just a heads up.

From the dice roller help:
tZ - target number Z, count rolls that meet or exceed Z as successes (if Z > Y, implicit oY)
hZ - hits Z, count rolls that meet or exceed Z as successes, max roll grants bonus roll (implicit oY) (WoD)

Example:
   20d6h5: 5 [20d6h5=4, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 4, [6, 6, 4], 1, 3, 1, 5, 5, 3, 4, 3, [6, 2]]
« Last Edit: <04-29-16/1100:30> by Herr Brackhaus »

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <04-29-16/1053:25> »
I rolled edge, but am untrained, Cha 3 becomes 2, no? The h5 was on purpose. :)

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <04-29-16/1100:45> »
I rolled edge, but am untrained, Cha 3 becomes 2, no? The h5 was on purpose. :)
Aah, of course. Doh :)

And I'm really tempted to throw a teamwork test if that's your intimidation test, because I'd get quite a few dice that way :)

Base 8 for physical intimidation, and I'm sure I'd get the bonuses for being physically intimidating (+1 to +3, because I am, natch) as well as outnumbering the subject (+2, because we are), plus up to 4 dice from my skill (three from you Irn0rchid), plus my Edge of 3 for a total dice pool of 17-19 with exploding sixes, before modifiers for NPCs attitude (neutral?) and characters desired result (annoying to NPC at most, I would think).

What do y'all think, is it worth trying to intimidate the Johnson for more money? Trying not to metagame too much, but I'm confident Marcus wouldn't have any qualms about getting in the Johnsons face to get more money without actually threatening to kill the guy. I just don't want to rack up notoriety for squeezing the Johnson, and I'm not sure what the Missions rules for this is.

biotech66; what do you think, is it bad form to use Intimidation instead of Negotiation on a Johnson? I'm thinking more along the lines of "Listen, you clearly hired a bunch of badasses, and badasses get paid, fool" as opposed to "If you don't pay up I'm going to cut your head off your shoulders" kind of thing...