NEWS

Tangled Currents - Echo

• 287 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #285 on: <08-28-16/2314:44> »
Monday   11 June 2075   0400  Vlad's Safehouse  Seattle Barrens   Seattle

People are moving about in organized confusion when you make it to the main garage area.  Many people will look up from what they are doing and nod at Rowena.  A young girl of maybe eleven or twelve comes up to you both, carrying a tray with steaming mugs and wearing a holstered pistol on a belt around her shoulder as it it were a bandoleer.  She smile and lets you take two of the mugs and then walks off to serve others.  Rowena nods at you.  "I see what you mean.  But I also saw a pride in her eyes, and I think a definite resemblance to Vlad." 

Some women come to you and gently guide Rowena off to help with some tasks.  You find your friend outside talking to several people and giving instructions.  He spies you and opens his arms wide as he smiles.  "My friend, it is a good thing you have done, trust me.  Barbara is already in the matrix thing with Viktor and getting us updates.  We have about three minutes left before the first mercenaries hit the first Vory positions.  They will be in for a surprise.  We will fight for every inch of this neighborhood and we will send them back home with empty hands and many bodies.  Perhaps we can even capture a few for questions, eh"  He is interrupted by the young girl with the tray who brings him a cup.  Vlad motions to her.  "Have you met my great niece?  She is Viktor's daughter.  His lovely wife is inside with your woman, but Katrina here will be representing her family on block two.  She is two small to wear the belt so carries it on her shoulder.  We are so proud of her.  Now off with you, girl.  Report to Stephan and do as he tells you."  The girl nods at him then you before running off.  You notice that the uproar has died down considerably and see that most of the people have left the street.  Vlad motions for you to follow him and you move off quickly.  "We will be waiting for them at the second block as well, Bryant, my friend.  The first shots will be done at the first block, but that is just to slow them down and get them going as we wish.  Already we are warring in the skies above us as Barbara and Viktor fight to get at their drones and protect our limited assets there.  So far we are doing better than those bastards, but they have more than we do and it is getting skimpy up there.  But the good news is that most of the enemy drones are soon to be focused on our first defenses and there we have surprises waiting.  Come, let us get into position."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Zen Gypsy

• Chummer
« Reply #286 on: <08-29-16/2239:52> »
Bryant nodded as he walked, he recalled his Groupe d’intervention de la Gendarmerie République training, he spoke slowly, but with confidence.  "If they have drones we'll need to be careful, elevated poistions for firing on the extraction team, we'll have to assume that Rowena is their priority, if for nothing other than the passcode in her head.  Our shooters will need to be in covered positions, preferably backed up with marksmen, to ensure that the hits on the drones take them out of play."

He considered the options, "Molotov cocktails, they can be damaging but if they are used in outdoor spaces, intersections, parking lots, the damage to ferro-concrete will be minimal, and the resulting confusion and heat will disrupt any thermo imaging the mercs are using either in implants, goggles, or their drones."  He sighed, inhaled the acrid smoke the slim once again, "This is going to get messy Vlad, but we need to be in position."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #287 on: <08-30-16/1006:21> »
OOC:  Head over to the Eva & Cynthia thread for a bit.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>