NEWS

[5E IC - CoF Side Thread] Kanyeshna

• 124 Replies

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <12-29-15/0350:59> »
Calista actually has the grace to blush and look nervous. "If...if you want me to." She stammers softly. "I...that is...I'll stay, but I can't eat normal food." She looks sad. "Its one of the things I miss the most. I can't eat, I can't get drunk unless I feed off of someone who's already plastered, and if a drug isn't injection vector, I have to open up some biff's vein to be able to take it in." She shrugs slightly, shifting pleasantly against Robyn. "Its the price I pay, I suppose. Melissa tells me the pleasures of the flesh aren't worth the power I gained by being...what I am, but this is all still new to me."

She looks around the room, taking in the furnishings and decor. There's no art, of course, not on canvas, but sculpture and a sound system are present that would fetch a corpexec's ransom. The entire apartment suite is lovely, devoted to tactile and aural stimulation rather than visual. it makes sense, of course, but Calista hadn't considered the differences in decor that Robyn's condition would bring.

That a musician and bookstore owner couldn't afford it goes without saying. She looks back at Robyn and lets her perception slide over to the astral. Robyn can see herself through Calista's mage's eyes, see the flows off essence in the blind woman and all the holes where living force had been replaced with cold metal and solid circuits and fiber optic lines. Mab's tits, she's got more chrome under the hood than a booster's car. Calista thinks to herself. She considers for a moment. Lots of 'ware, expensive apartment, but no combat augmentations and already has a day job. The pieces click into place and Calista nods to herself. Decker. Gotta be. Maybe a rigger or a data-miner, but I'm betting decker. Calista considers asking, forgetting that right now Robyn can hear her thoughts and decides against it. Time enough in the morning, if Robyn is really serious about sharing her bed with a bloodsucking nightmare.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <12-29-15/0420:55> »
Even in her dazed state, Robyn can tell the differences in people's emotions by their speech as well as the change in breathing patterns, smells, and movements, all of which she can "see" well enough.  She detects something different in Calista as she talks.  She levers herself up on one arm and stretches the other to first turn the Dryad's face to hers than move to cup a warm, alive, and responsive breast.  The slight moan from Calista is all she needs to hear.  Robyn lowers her face to Calista's and kisses her deeply.  There is nothing of the frenetic movements that would lead to another romp, but just pure, raw passion.  The sort of emotion she puts into playing her cello over a particularly difficult piece.  Solid and full of desire.  She should not be able to kiss like this after such sex as she has experienced, but something fuels it.  She moves both arms up and wraps them tightly about the other girl as she keeps the kiss going. 

When time regains its bearings, Robyn lays her head on Calista's chest and idly moves a finger in decreasing circles about a still erect nipple and softly says, "I do want you to stay.  Very much.  The choice is completely up to you."  She pauses and then adds, "I am feeling so many things right now.  I feel closer to you than I ever did to my fiancé before he was killed.  I want to make love to you more than I have ever wanted anyone.  I want to hear your story and share mine.  I want to experience you feeding off of me."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <12-29-15/0433:40> »
Calista's huge eyes widen at Robyn's pronouncement. She had never fed from someone who offered themselves willingly. Other adepts, targets, marks, people who had incurred Melissa's wrath, sure. But another person making the choice voluntarily?

Calista begins to cry.

She doesn't sob, she doesn't shake or whine. Her control slips and her spells collapse, leaving her feeling empty and alone after the glorious sharing of self that she and Robyn had experienced. Without moving or making a sound, Calista cries. Her tears are huge and silvery. Contrary to popular belief, vampires don't really cry blood, and the twin lines down her face are nothing more than human tears. She holds Robyn tightly as she cries, trying not to give away what's happening, though she knows that just the change in her breathing might tip the other woman off.

Stupid. Worthless. Parasite. Would she even like you if not for your magic making you more desirable? Without your power, would you be anything more than a pretty face?

Melissa's voice rises unbidden in Calista's head and she squeezes her eyes shut, telling herself its only memory and hurt, not real. Melissa isn't there. She's not going to come and take Robyn away. Its okay, its going to be okay...she shudders, finally. In a whisper, because its all she can manage without sounding choked, Calista tells Robyn, "That is the sweetest thing any has ever said to me in my entire life." She wants to say more, to break down and explain that she's not a monster or a stupid little girl or...something. But she's at a loss for words. The silence stretches on for a few seconds until Calista rolls over to face the ceiling and takes a deep breath. Trust your voice. You've always been able to rely on that. She likes you, likes music. Give her something.

Taking a deep breath, Calista begins to sing.

The music spills out, first one note, long and low and utterly inhuman. Then another, and another, moving swiftly into the triple movement of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 14 in C-Sharp Minor. Calista's well-tuned voice and magical talent for mimicry perfectly replicates the piano she'd first learned the song on, and Moonlight Sonata spills into the room. It was the song she'd learned from her first girlfriend, [i[their[/i] song, and she hasn't thought about it in years. Now, though, it seems appropriate, and Calista's throat gives voice to the piano piece with nary a hitch or flat.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <12-29-15/0912:29> »
Robyn feels the spells drop, but is only momentarily affected.  She knows that such things cannot be sustained and she has been prepared for the change.  After all, she can "see" better with her other senses than she ever could with her eyes.  Still, it had been a tremendous gift to have been given to her.  As she snuggles close, she feels the slightest tremors, hears the least sounds, smells the slightly salty odor and knows her lover is crying.  Without saying a word, Robyn lifts her head up a bit and lowers it down to gently kiss the tears away.  Her lips are soft and barely touch the skin, but she catches the liquid coming from Calista's eyes.  Then, unexpectedly, her own emotions get the better of her and she starts crying, too.  She has never been happier and her tears of joy softly drop to the other woman's skin and mix with the Dryad's tears.  Robyn kisses them all away, punctuating each kiss with a murmured "Thank you." 

Robyn lowers her head back down to the side of Calista's face when the tears stop and the woman rolls over onto her back and begins to sing.  She immediately recognizes the Moonlight Sonata and smiles.  She knows the piece by heart and Calista is pitch perfect, almost as if she was the piano.  Music is a passion for Robyn and this is a greater gift than even her temporary eyesight had been.  The piece brings peace to Robyn's mind and lulls her to sleep, her body entwined about the Dryad vampire.

Waking, Robyn is almost afraid that everything the previous evening had been a dream, but the feel of the woman in her arms convinces her that it was real.  And the need to pee convinces her it is time to get up.  She unwinds herself from Calista and hurries to the bathroom, quickly taking care of business and turning the shower on.  One of the best perks of living at the Regency Arms was the unlimited hot water ration the suite comes with.  Eschewing a robe she wanders out to the bedroom and sits on the bed.  She knows that Calista is awake by the change in her breathing and she reaches out a hand to touch the woman.  "Thank you for staying.  Every bit of bad karma and bad luck I ever had has been wiped away in one night by one person.  I cannot tell you how much I........."

Robyn breaks her sentence off, then continues, "How much I enjoyed you.  Enjoyed us.  I fell asleep during your singing so did not get to tell you how amazing it was.  So; it was amazing.  Come on, my shower is huge and it has two heads.  My very sensitive nose is telling me that we could both use a shower."

Robyn climbs off the bed and drags her poor friend with her.  She steps into the shower and Calista uses the toilet before joining her.  The hot water feels good as it sluices away most of the reminders of the early morning.  Robyn does feel a bit over-used and says so, even as she puts her arms around Calista and holds her tight, kissing her under the water.  "I have never felt this good after sex.  Or this sore, either.  It is a good sore and I hope to repeat it many, many times with you.  If you want to, that is."

Stepping out of the shower, the two dry off and Robyn leads her friend back to the bed.  She sits cross-legged and turns her head to Calista.  "I do not know what happens next and I am a bit scared.  But I need to do this."  Licking her lips, she continues, "What do I do and where do you need to bite me?"

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #34 on: <12-29-15/1459:16> »
Calista awakens to softness and warmth, as she had twice during the night. As before, there is the momentary stab of panic of unfamiliar surroundings and the quaking of half-remembered nightmares before reality sets in. This time, though, a hand on her wrist keeps her from sinking back into oblivion and Calista's eyes flutter open, her lips curling up into a gentle smile as she sees Robyn and memory comes flooding back. It had been an emotional night, highs and lows both taking their toll, but for the life of her, Calista can't remember the last time she woke up so pleased to see someone. The smile turns into a grimace as Robyn drags her out of bed. She's right about the reek of sex and sweat and criminal party, and she heads off to the shower with good grace.

The water feels amazing, the warmth suffusing her skin and sluicing away the remnants of the night before and she listens with half an ear as she cleans her hair and she and Robyn was each other's backs. Calista pulls Robyn into an embrace under the water and kisses the side of her neck. "I'd like that, too." She murmurs in response to Robyn's professed desire. Her tongue traces the pointed outline of Robyn's ear as she adds, "You're right, it was amazing. Thank you for taking a chance on me."

Once they're dry and back on the bed, Calista mirrors Robyn's position, looking at the blind elf quizzically. Her expression changes from one of gentle inquiry to stark surprise and no small fear as Robyn asks her about feeding, and she reaches out to touch Robyn's face with one hand that is trembling slightly. "Robyn, dear, you don't have to..." She breaks off as Robyn's head starts to turn in the beginnings of a shake, and she puts her thumb over Robyn's lips to forestall any reply. "No, I mean, you don't have to feed me. Metahuman blood is not an every day requirement. And while I can feed from you, and would savor the taste for the rest of my hopefully-lengthy days, with your cyberware I will have to be very careful indeed." Calista's voice is kind, soft, a pretty and tremulous thing as she continues, "It would be good for me, and probably for you in the moment, but I do not want you to put yourself through something you fear to fulfill a need that is not critical right now."

Calista removes her hand from Robyn's face and leans forward to kiss her softly on the lips. She is surprised to find that she is shaking. Why is she shaking? This isn't her first feeding, her first lover. What is there to be scared of? She pushes the thoughts away. She can go to pieces later. Still leaning forward, she whispers, "If you're absolutely certain about this, your throat, your wrist, or the inside of your thigh. Just lean back and tell me where."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <12-29-15/1640:42> »
Robyn gathers her breath.  "If I don't do it, I may never know if I could have done it.  I need to do it.  For both of us.  I did not realize my implants would be an issue, so I want you to take as much time and be as careful as you can.  It will not do either of us any good if my blood hurts you."  She lifts a hand to her hair and pulls it away from her neck.  "Take what you need, and more if you want it.  I want to be a part of you."

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <12-29-15/1735:34> »
It isn't Calista that it would hurt, but Calli knows better than to say so and frighten Robyn. There shouldn't be any danger. She can't drink of Robyn's vitality, her essence, but that necessity is still weeks away after her last feeding. Calista drinks stolen life to survive, but she drinks blood to live, and after the night before experiencing as much living with Robyn as she can is all she has on her mind.

Nodding, Calista breathes, "I understand." Uncrossing her legs, Calista rises up on her knees and leans forward, pressing Robyn back and down so that her head and shoulders are propped up on the pillows, her freshly-scrubbed body stretched out and her soft hair splayed around her like a chestnut halo. The lean muscles of Calista's stomach and thighs ripple, her slim shoulders bunching as she eases Robyn down without collapsing atop her. Moving up slightly, Calista slides one leg over Robyn, straddling her hips with her calves pressed against Robyn's thighs. She finds the blind elf's hands and laces her fingers together with the cellists, breathing, "Relax, my songbird. It will be alright..."

Calista drops forward until she is chest to chest with Robyn. Kissing the taller woman's shoulder, she works her way up to the side of Robyn's throat, lavishing it in kisses and love bites and teasing licks. "Relax..." she breathes again, giving Robyn's hands a reassuring squeeze. Then Calista shifts her head, tossing her hair out of the way and brings her mouth to Robyn's neck. The bite is precise, slow enough to not comes as a shock but fast enough that Robyn won't have to linger over the pain as Calista slides her fangs home in Robyn's throat.

Blood spurts, then simply pours. Calista knows that her bite hurts, but that the novelty of the icy chill of her fangs will dim that somewhat. She lets the blood fill her mouth, savoring the taste. She drinks of her new paramour, the hot, sweet life of her coating Calista's tongue. There is a spice there, a heady blend of notes that only a vampire could appreciate, a richness that comes with a life much-lived. It is different than the sweetness of a lamb to the slaughter, those young morsels that are pure and unsullied, but it is in no way less enjoyable. Robyn tastes of experiences and years and complexities, and Calista revels in the taste. She swallows, the thick liquid pouring down her throat in a rush and shivers, then takes another mouthful, and another, going slowly and relishing every drop, letting Robyn ride out her reactions as she would.

It is several minutes and a handful of sanguine draughts before Calista pulls her fangs free of Robyn's neck and licks her lips, planting a single kiss on each of the bloody pinpricks and whispering in Sperethiel, calling her magics to seal the wounds and replace some of what Robyn has lost.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <12-29-15/1936:26> »
Robyn pretends to be braver than she really is and is sure that Calista knows.  The vampire takes a number of steps to ensure Robyn that this will be alright.  She starts getting excited when Calista sits on top of her, straddling her thighs.  The preparatory kisses on the shoulder and neck serve to reassure Robyn and she whispers words she had never thought to say again just before the vampire sinks her teeth home.  "I love you.  You know.......just in case."

The bite is sharper than she had thought it would be, and actually comes as a surprise, even though she had anticipated it.  Robyn feels the blood flow from her body and into the mouth of her lover.  Her olfactory enhancements pick up the aroma and she can feel her heart try to keep up with the loss, redirecting blood to minimize the danger.  She can tell from small noises that Calisa is enjoying the sensation of tasting her blood.  The vampire is going slowly on purpose and Robyn supposes that it would be quite possible to drain a person much faster and that it would also be more painful.  Time passes and she wishes that the sight spell was active again so that she could look at Calista's eyes during the process.

Robyn is a bit surprised when it is over.  When Cailsta finishes her kisses on the neck, Robyn tilts her head to the side and pulls the Dryad's mouth to hers.  She has remained quite the entire time, but now asks, "Do you have enough?  And I think I will stay here for a bit.  Will you watch over me?"

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <12-29-15/2001:22> »
Calista leans into the blood-tinged kiss, Robyn's last words before the feeding ringing in her ears now that she is sated and past the nerves. She loves me? She...loves...me?! Calista begins to shake as the thought bounces around her skull, temporarily alone in there. She hasn't heard those three words from anyone in a long time, not from anyone who wasn't paying her or torturing her anyway, and she's never heard them in earnest from a non-relative. To find them hear, now, and apparently spoken in a moment of honesty- sleepy, anemic, post-sexual haze makes it hard to lie, Calli knows- is frightening.

Frightening, and glorious.

But the moment is past and Robyn has asked her a question. It would be strange to just blurt it out now, wouldn't it? With a start, Calista realizes she is actually nervous, and she slips down to kiss Robyn's shoulder and squeeze her hands again to buy herself a second to put her mind in order before she says, "Of course I will. Sleep again. I will be here when you awaken, lovely songbird." She rolls off of Robyn enough to pull the blankets up over the nude elf. "You have done more for me in a single night than most have in a year. Do not fear my leaving, not today. It would take much to force me to quit this place, but..." She kisses Robyn's forehead and the lids of her blind eyes, "I love you too...just in case."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <12-29-15/2141:44> »
Robyn wakes and checks her internal clock to see it is well past any sort of breakfast time.  Lunch will have to do.  She sits up............and collapses back onto her back as the blood drain shows its effect.  **Wait a fragging minute.  Blood drain?  Wha............  Oh yeah, blood drain.**  She shifts her head to the side and suddenly has the odd vertigo-type reaction to seeing herself in bed from across the room.  Closing her eyes, she runs through an internal diagnostic and comes up with the only rational choice: Calista must have used the sight spell on her again.  The Dryad is at her side on the bed by the time she comes to this realization, placing a cooling hand to Robyn's forehead and uttering soothing words.  Robyn opens her eyes and smiles.  Her first words to the beautiful Dryad above her are probably silly, but they are uttered direct from the heart and convey so much more than mere words.  "You stayed."

At this time and place, there are no better words to have said.

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #40 on: <12-29-15/2214:24> »
Calista is singing softly when Robyn stirs, a Slipshadow Sara lament. She's not singing the words but rather practicing her aural mimicry by reproducing the guitar line using nothing but her throat and her memory. She's dressed now, having sent out for clothes more appropriate to the day than a slutty synthsilk microdress. Delivery is all-pervasive when in such a ritzy doss as Robyn's, and it was a simple matter to have a pair of Spinrad Bodyline hip-hugger jeans, a wine-colored Vashon Island t-shirt, and a black boyshorts and bra set delivered, along with black heels and accessories by DressCode. She'd ordered, showered again, applied lip gloss and make-up, going for the shimmering look to make her outer glow match her afterglow.

Then she mostly watched Robyn sleep, singing or availing herself of Robyn's SOTA music system as the mood took her. Lunchtime and Robyn's awakening find her sitting in a chair by the window, watching the foot traffic go by outside. The view isn't particularly interesting but Calista delights in it anyway, because for the first time in a year she's sitting in the naked light of day, wan and overcast though it is. A new spell she'd learned and quickened to herself held her sunlight allergy at bay, and her smile is large indeed as she turns to look at the blind elf as Robyn awakes.

Crossing the room, seeing Robyn smile, and hearing the wonder in Robyn's voice cause Calista's smile to threaten to crack her face, and she leans down to kiss Robyn's forehead softly. "Of course I stayed, songbird." She murmurs from only centimeters away. "After last night you would need an entire firewatch team and a howitzer to get rid of me." She helps Robyn sit up, glancing at her neck and nodding as she sees that her healing spell has done away with the bite marks. Robyn still looks a little anemic, but courtesy of a washcloth as she slept and a little magic, only her slight pallor and fatigue exist as evidence of their bloody tryst. "Did you sleep well, cherié?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <12-29-15/2231:50> »
Robyn smiles back as Caliusta helps her sit.  "Yes.  I think I slept a lot and probably needed it."  She is still looking at her face, which is terribly disconcerting.  Closing her eyes is just unthinkable because that would lessen the opportunity by a bit and she wants to see everything she can, even if only through someone else's eyes.  Robyn places a hand to her neck, feeling for the bite marks but not finding any.  Frowning, she says, I am certain I was bit.  Is it only legend that a vampire's bite leaves obvious scars?" 
« Last Edit: <12-30-15/0028:43> by Mercy Merchant »

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <12-30-15/0049:42> »
Calista giggles girlishly. "No, I'm pretty sure that having a couple of spikes driven into your neck always leaves a mark." The flippant tone covers Calista's deepening respect and gratitude. Even thinking that there would be obvious, permanent scars Robyn still offered herself up, and on the throat no less! Calista exhaled softly through her nose and looked at the mirror so that Robyn could see her again as she said, "I just cleaned you up while you slept. Got rid of the blood, performed a minor healing magic on your throat, that sort of thing." She smiles insousciantly at the mirror. "Why, were you hoping for a souvenir?" She chuckles again, throatily. "So, if I bring you breakfast in bed will you tell me about the book shop?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <12-30-15/0206:17> »
Robyn smiles and drops her hand.  "No.  Thank you very much.  I do not require a souvenir other than you.  I was trying to think of what scarfs I might have that would go well with my frocks."

She nods at the image in the mirror.  "You really are very beautiful.  But where did you get those clothes.  I am pretty sure that I do not have anything like that here."  She nods in understanding when Calsita explains having ordered them delivered while Robyn slept.  She puts her hands on Calista's face and touches it with her slender fingers.  "I love seeing you, but do not use yourself up maintaining a spell.  My brain is mutated.  Something called Hyperthymesia.  The short story is that I do not forget.  Anything.  Your image is with me forever.  And even without the magic, my senses besides sight have been augmented to be very good.  Your gift of sight is amazing and I would not trade having your visual image in my mind for anything.  But the real truth is that I do not need my eyes to see.  Pyotor and the cane are more for other people than for any real help I get from them."

Robyn smiles when Calista offer breakfast in bed.  "You would do that?  But no, you might come in contact with something you cannot eat.  I can cook but rarely do.  One of the perks of living here is the restaurant on the ground floor.  The serve marvelous food and it is all covered.  After over forty years here, they even know what I want and I have the menu memorized.  They were even sweet enough to get one done in Braille for me.  Let me send an order for food and have it delivered.:

Once everything is taken care of, Robyn carefully gets out of bed to get dressed.  Calista, looking over the musician's shoulder at the contents of the huge walk-in closet, sees a large number of outfits all in the steampunk style.  In comparison, there are only four fancy frocks hanging at the far end, as if in some sort of exile.  Robyn runs her fingers across tags placed on the hangers and selects one of the outfits.  As she gets dressed, she laughs and says, "Two of my friends thought it would be funny to play a joke on me once and swapped a couple of the tags.  I was wearing a completely wrong outfit.  It was all in fun and they were very sorry later.  I did not have the heart to tell them that I had known straight off that the frocks were wrong, but I wore them anyway."

Lunch arrives and Robyn signs for it before walking with the tray to the living room and putting down on a table in front of a very comfortable couch and chair.  She motions to the curtained window and says, "Before we get started, do you want me to pull the blinds?  I noticed when I woke up that you were sitting in the sunlight.  I have always thought that vampires cannot stand the sun so there must be lots I do not understand."

With a push of a button from a console in the arm of the couch, the curtains slide open, letting in some of the early afternoon sunshine.  Another button and the music system comes on.  Robyn sets the playlist to classical music and lets it play softly in the background.  "OK.  The story is a bit long, but I will try to hit just the high points.  In September of 2033, I was to be married.  We liked most of the same things, but not everything.  I think it is important that there be something different in a couple's likes and we had some differences of opinion.  Mostly about music.  My future father-in-law was the Vladivostok Vory boss.  There was no secret in this.  I had known Anton since we met at university my first year.  And I had lived with a Vory bodyguard almost since I was born.  So no surprises there.  It was all arranged and I had long been accepted into the family.  What was a surprise was the Yakuza assassination team sent after Anton, his parents, me, and almost every other ranking member.  One bloody night.  I was riding with my parents and guards to a dinner with Anton's parents.  He was at his bachelor party.  Gunmen caught us all.  My car was riddled with bullets and I lost my parents and two guards that had been with us so long that they were considered part of my family."

Anton's parents were at the restaurant and the assassins bungled their job, never making it past the door before being cut down.  Anton was not so lucky.  He survived the initial attack and was taken to a street clinic to be treated.  I found this out from my godfather and went to the clinic to help.  I found out that Anton would live and offered my medical skills to help with the flood of victims.  The Yak underboss who was the lead assassin decided to make things more permanent and led an attack on the clinic.  He shot all the wounded Vory soldiers there, including Anton, who he killed in front of me.  Then he took his silenced gun and put it to my forehead just here."  At this, Robyn moves her hair aside, exposing a small puckered scar.  "You may have wondered about this last night if you saw it.  He told me that I should have stayed with the car and my parents and shot me.  His face was the last thing I saw with my eyes.  The bullet tore my eye nerves completely apart, but did not kill me, although I certainly gave that impression as I collapsed on top of Anton's body.  Fortunately, the Yaks had failed more than they succeeded.  Anton's father called on outside Vory assistance and it poured in.  Most of the Yaks were rounded up and very painfully executed.  Only the leader and three of his soldiers got away.  Of course I did not know this for several months while I was in a coma."

"It was touch and go for a bit whether or not I would live, but I had tremendous resources helping me.  EVO Corp, my Vory family, and the rather huge amount of money my father left me all helped pay for as much surgery as it took to save my life.  To shorten things up a bit, I was implanted with a lot of very specialized cyber, bio, and gene ware, in addition to a very good cyberdeck and commlink..  Nothing could restore my eyesight, so we compensated with the other senses.  I begged for the chance to use my new ware and my skills to look for the remaining assassins and was grudgingly given permission to do so.  I found two of the soldiers in a dive in Bangkok and the third in Seattle, UCAS.  It took me almost seven years to find the leader.  I came to London in 2040 to narrow the search and needed a place to stay; a place to have a good cover identity.  I became Robyn Lysander and bought this flat and the shop below it.  I made a life here and became Robyn.  I found the bastard in London Below.  The idiot lived there for years and was not smart enough to get warded.  I became a ward of Earl's House and used myself as bait to draw him to the surface, where my Vory contacts here picked him up.  I was told it took him seven months to die."

"Done here, I began to pack up and even had the shop and flat on the market.  But here I was Robyn Lysander.  Back in Vladivostok, I was a dead girl.  I could have worked my Vory and EVO contacts there, but I was never going to be a ranking member of either organization.  So I just stayed here.  Now I am really Robyn Lysander and my life is real, not just a cover.  I love books and the staff I have really seems to like the rather eccentric blind Keeb that they work for.  I have my cello and my associations with the Mechanica and London Below.  So, that is the short story.  Do you have one?"

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #44 on: <12-30-15/0257:06> »
Calista stares, stunned and open-mouthed as Robyn relates her story. It is a tale of woe and tragedy and rising above all odds, of loss and heartbreak and revenge, and something in it stirs Calista's poet's soul. It is awful, but beautiful, like all good stories, and she commits the image of Robyn sitting and telling her tale to memory, focussing on each sound and sight and scent and vision until she is certain that it is indelibly burned into her mind. As Robyn talks, Calista lets the spell lapse, not wanting to distract. It is quickened now, a permanent expression of mana, and Robyn can borrow Calista's eyes whenever they are nearby, but Calista releases her grip on the spell so that Robyn may call and dismiss it as she chooses.

When Robyn is finished, Calista blinks and shivers, coming out of the reverie that Robyn's skillful tale-telling had induced. "Robyn...I..." Mutely she stands, walking over to stand behind the older woman and leaning down, her breasts pressing into Robyn's shoulders as she wraps her arms around her lover and kisses the top of her head gently, then the small scar on her temple. "Thank you for trusting me." She offers simply, still at something of a loss for words. "I don't know how I could possibly follow that," Calista admits after a moment, "But if you want to hear my story, I'll tell it."

Calista sits again in the sunlight, the overcast sky lightening her features and bringing out the nightshade-purple in her otherwise black hair. She glances out the window, then looks at Robyn's confused expression and explains, "I have a working that holds my allergy to sunlight at bay. Were I to lose it, I would burst into flames just as the legends say, but right now I am perfectly safe." She pauses for a moment, then adds, "The spell is still there. You may borrow my eyes at your leisure with an effort of will. Just concentrate on how it felt when I first essayed the working upon you, and it should come. It is no trouble, and is in fact semi-permanent. As long as we are within ninety meters of one another, you may jump into my head as you please."

Calista sighs, and her eyes take on a faraway look. "I was born in New Monaco in twenty fifty-three." She starts. "My mother was a Vicomtesse from Nantes and my father was one of the Auvergne research scientists working for Saeder-Krupp. Both elves, both good people, both devoted from what I can find about them." Her voice takes on a dreamy quality. "I was their first child. They had been trying for over a year. They'd seen every clinic, mage, houngan, witch, research facility, and shaman in France by then. Everyone said the same thing: my mother would never have a child. A side effect of The Mist in Bretagne, or so I understand. They could have tubed the child, I suppose, but my mother wanted to carry me herself. So they came here, to The House of Flowers seeking a miracle." She gestures at herself. "Clearly, the house obliged them."

Calista settles back, steepling her fingers and Robyn can tell she's no longer entirely there. "The House somehow managed to overcome whatever was keeping my mother barren, but in doing so, they meddled a bit themselves. My genetics are like a jigsaw puzzle. I was born healthy, but my immune system was shot to hell, I had all manner of problems within six months of being born, and because of my unique construction none of the normal clinics could help me. So back to London they came, and the House turned them away. I was too high maintenance, they said. I could be helped, I had to be cared for on a constant basis by the people who created me in the first place, or I would die." She laughs bitterly. "My parents loved me too much for that, so they handed me over to the House. I'm sure promises were made that I would be returned or that they could come and see me or something to that effect, but I don't know."

Calista's dreamy tone gives way to one of bitter misery. "For the first few years of my life, I was a science experiment, tweaked and altered and poked and prodded, a test bed for the flesh shapers as they put something in and took others out. They crafted how I would grow, what I would sound like, how I would look. Then, when they had the perfect little dryad all queued up, they took me to market and sold me, like investing in futures." She shudders violently. "I was seven when Melissa bought me. By the time I was nine, I could throw a lightning bolt or summon a Mari-Morgan. By thirteen, I could speak seven languages and remember everything said across a crowded room. Melissa's methods were effective."

Calista's fingers curl, her nails digging into the arms of the chair and she stares out the window at the sun, as if willing it to burn the memories away. "Melissa went very much for the negative reinforcement. She would cut me with a filleting knife, burn me with a hot iron, beat me with a thin steel rod or scourge me with barbed wire. And that's if she was merciful. When she wasn't she would rape my mind with her magics or else bind my power and throw me to the torturers and sadists of Valerian House. I've been physically hurt, abused, and used every way a person can be, Robyn. If not for Melissa's incredible magics, I would be nothing but scars and twisted bones." Calista shakes her head. "But I learned. Pain is a powerful motivator, and when I succeeded, there was pleasure. Pain, too, but muted by physical delights or drugs."

"At sixteen, Melissa began whoring me out. I'd been trained as a courtesan by then, but also as an observer, a sorceress, and a spy. I can sell ice to an elemental, so using me as a social cat's-paw made perfect sense. I've been doing it ever since." Calista shrugs. "Melissa is scarier than anything else I've ever faced, and she is relentless and ruthless. I'm only alive because I am still useful, so no matter what she does and what she asks of me, I'll do it. She's that bad. No matter the contract or the client, I go. I can find a way to survive any assignation she can send me on, but I don't know if I can survive her, even as a Banshee."

Calista considers for a moment, then continues, "I was infected with HMHVV a year ago. See, Valerian House has some two hundred adepts, mostly children and young people like me. I was Melissa's, so I had almost no freedom at all, but other adepts are not as restricted. One of them, a boy named Marko and I became friends. He was sixteen and blind, like you. I used to read to him. That's how I learned to mimic other sounds, so I could do the voices and sound effects in books for him." She smiles, remembering reading Le Morte D'Arthur to him for the first time, and how much he enjoyed her rendition of Sir Gawain and The Green Knight. Then the smile dies as she says, "He disappeared, taken off the street. Its London Below, these things happen, but he and I were close, brother and sister almost. I begged and begged for Melissa to let me look for him. She...tested my resolve with a silver spike, and I took it because I knew there was no other way to find him."

Calista's voice is sad now, heavy and quiet, and her eyes are sparkling with tears. "I found him alright. He'd been attacked by some thugs in Knight's Bridge and left to die. He'd crawled for help to the only place he could reach, to House Laesal, the House of Flowers." Her eyes narrow. "They gave it. A dying subject, willing to pay any price and renounce his house and the ward of protection that came with it? They couldn't have been more pleased. They took him and they twisted him into an abomination, a misshapen and awful thing with nothing but lust and rage and hunger that should have been dead but wasn't because it was infected with HMHVV and it could regenerate. I tried to get through to him and he...he..." Calista starts to cry, giving voice to a single wracking sob and then a number of smaller, silent heaves. "When he was done...with me...he drained the life out of me and the House sent my body back to Melissa. I guess they didn't expect me to wake up again."

She looks up at Robyn. "So there you have it." She says, her voice curiously flat. "The whole sad story of how I went from a tiny child to a strung out, fearful vampire whore." Her lips twitch into a bitter half-smile. "Still want me around?"