NEWS

[5e IC] Circles of Power [2076 Game Thread]

• 1361 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #90 on: <05-08-15/2221:21> »
Satisfied with the answers the Johnson gave to Smiley's questions, Mel smiled as she gladly let the Frenchman help her, standing up from her seat with the grace only an elven woman has. Seeming as comfortable as always, she answered "Mademoiselle" to his offer, quickly following with "Your ride is perfect, as long as you get us there on time."

[spoiler]Post count: 6[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-08-15/2223:23> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #91 on: <05-09-15/0052:40> »
As Solo takes a sit in the Car, he politely say: "I'll be right back... let me just verify that the car is clean..." His body become numb as he decent into the matrix looking for hidden devices, or devices that are there but shouldn't be in there.

[spoiler]
Solo rolls a matrix perception test:
 intuition 10 + computers 6 + specialty (matrix perception) 2 + 2 improved computer + 1 brand loyalty + 2 hot sim = 23 dice, limit is data processing (6)
Matrix Perception (Hidden Devices): 23d6t5 9
He indeed reach the limit of his not so impressive deck 6 hits are kept.
(he also did a matrix search about the wife, the party her social connections to here, and a possible way to get in to that party. Guests that are not going to attend and so on.)
[/spoiler]

adamu

« Reply #92 on: <05-09-15/0521:27> »

[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, M40 outside Oxford]

<Snow Crash to Al> [Well, seems we'll be rumbling together again. Hope things aren't as... interesting as last time... took me a week to get clean again, and some of it was a total loss.

<<Well, kemo sabe, ya wear all white on a damned CHUD-hunt, yeah, reckon yer laundry bill's gon' eat into yer profit margins. Anyhoo, appreciated the firepower, but it was you turned a perfectly dry chamber o' horrors into a swamp-flooded deluge of a chamber o' horrors.>>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <05-09-15/0615:30> »
Isaint had parked his bike, removed the helmet and turned the color of his long coat to match the oxford blue, that the local civil workers wore. He took a moment to get his bearings and looked for all the usual signs of trouble:

Security, cameras, suspiciously parked cars, workers who only stood around doing not a lot of work (the last bit was tricky - it was almost impossible to differentiate between a lookout and a genuine public paid road worker. You had to get close and smell if they were drunk or not.)

[spoiler]
Perception check Visual:
Perception Check (w/ Vision Enhancement): 18d6t5 2

Wow, that's a really unlikely result. Way to start this run...
[/spoiler]
After he was satisfied, that he wasn't under immediate surveilance, he strolled toward the agreed upon meeting place.

When his comm told him, that Snow Crash had arrived he strolled casually to his car and "knocked" over his comlink: <<I'm at your car, let me in for a moment.>>
After being granted access, he nodded towards the albino hacker and opened his backpack.
First he assembled his rifle - a cheap Ruger 101 but fitted with a genuine optical scope as well as a smartgun system. Two magazines were taped together, one black, the other red. He inserted the black one filled with gel rounds. If it came to it, the red one contained APDS. With a bit of concentrated fire those would be enough to penetrate even heavy military armor. The suppressor he left off for the moment and instead stashed it and the rifle in a custom carry bag.
When he was finished he grinned at the ork decker:
"You don't mind if I leave the gun here for the moment? I've a permit, but it's really hard to hide under a trench coat."

After this, he methodically retrieved his other weapons: Two quick draw holsters, containing tasers found their way to his thighs, a large Savalette Guardian with it's own suppressor found its way into the special holster in his Wild Hunt Jacket. Finally, Isaint produced a revolver that seemed heavier than the sports rifle. Isaint carefully chambered two normal rounds, two gel and two APDS into the cylinder. A short command over his trodes DNI ensured, that the smart gun correctly knew which bullet was were and could turn the cylinder to the correct position. This monster came to rest in a concealed holster at the small of Isaint's back.
He took his time to adjust all weapons, so that they couldn't be spotted casually. He even called upon the power of the saint to improve his dexterity to get he job done

[spoiler]
Attribute Boost: Agility: 7d6t5 0
Attribute Boost: Agility Drain: 10d6t5 3 no drain
Try again:
Attribute Boost: Agility: 7d6t5 4
Agility +4
Palming: 15d6t5 8
One point under the physical limit.
[/spoiler]

Incredibly, when he was done, the artillery seemed to have vanished on his massive body.
Satisfied he, turned back to the decker:

"So, do you happen to have found our target already?"

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-10-15/0407:43> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #94 on: <05-09-15/1800:41> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, behind St. Anne's College, Oxford]

Al shook and buttoned. `You could drink a lot of beer on a ninety minute drive.

Walking back to where the vehicles were parked, he took in the old buildings that spoke of age, privilege, and promise for the UK's, hell, the world's elite. It was his first time in Oxford. In fact, for all the time he'd spent in England, it was his first time inland from the London sprawl, most of his time having been spent on the water. He thought for a moment of what his life might have been like if he'd followed in the footsteps of his big sister Clementine and gone off to college. But the line of thought ended quickly enough - hypotheticals were of little interest to him.

Those that had arrived were busy talking, no doubt planning something clever. "Snow, you'll remember Spike," he said, referring to a lanky black mutt large enough that Al didn't have to bend at all to reach down and stroke behind his twitching ears. Both the man and the dog smelled like they needed a bath. "Rest of ya, let Spike here get yer scent, so's he knows ya inna pinch."

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #95 on: <05-10-15/0240:28> »
she answered "Mademoiselle" to his offer, quickly following with "Your ride is perfect, as long as you get us there on time."
The Frenchman let a grin appear on his face. Maybe it was for the Mademoiselle comment, indicating the elf lady had no attachment, or the time challenge that would suit him perfectly.

He brought his two passengers to be to his sport car and hit the road.

The Elf Hacker was fast in lala land in the back seat, leaving him and Mel to take care of the chit chat. He used his DNI connection to commnicate with Solo, though, while the Hacker was in VR.

Solo, I hope the the trip will give you the time to find what you need. If you get the chance though, look this up for me:
The charity is in the Randell hotel, probably in there main ballroom. See if they have any rooms still available and if you can book one if so. That'll give us a legitimate access to the premise.
Look up the Johnson's file and see if we have a visual of the Wife so Mel and I can get familiar with it.
Thanks.

Upon exiting London, the Frenchman hit the gas. The engine felt amazing and the Frenchman loved to drive the good old fashion way: Manual Control.

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #96 on: <05-10-15/0332:46> »
The car was scanned.. and with the speed of thought Solo scanned the matrix... Icon after Icon passed under his careful observation assisted by Snow and Mr. Peabody. He was able to assess a picture of who are the guests, what is the charity all about and so on...
[spoiler]Already rolled that search (8 hits total)
[/spoiler]
When the Franchman's message arrivied he answered :<<Roger that!>>
He rushed the matrix towards the hotel's icon. In the matrix, the hotel was designed to look similar to an hotel in meat space... However the walls were purple and he could feel the intensity of the data grows as he approached their main host. It was shaped as a reception man, his eyes glowing with a purple glow... they radiated power.  Solo approached it with aww, understanding the  danger of hacking such a host he tried to remain true to his moto - minimum amount of force necessary:

"I need a room" he 'said' to the host
[spoiler]
If there are no free rooms Solo wants to spoof one of the guests that have not yet checked in,  cancel their order and (legitimately) book the room under their SINS a moment after from a different device. I am not sure what to roll but it sounds cool to me.
[/spoiler]

When he was near the host he messaged the Frenchman:

<<I am querying the host now for possible free rooms... if there are no free rooms... I suggest we do this:  I will spoof a signal out of one of the guests that did not check in yet and cancel the reservation.

You'll have to be ready to book a room that very second... legitimate way... that way even if they discover my bluff later - you will have a legitimate order not linked to my identity. >>

He then skillfully browse the file and send them the images to their devices along with any additional relevant information. It only takes a few moments.

<<So guys(Mel and Frenchman)... how about coming with some initial plan what to do once we get in to that hotel one way or the other...>>
« Last Edit: <05-10-15/0341:20> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <05-10-15/0847:26> »
Isaint gingerly extended his hand towards the large dog's snout. When the beast failed to take off any fingers, he carefully petted its head. To Al he said: "Nice calf, but be careful: Unless you have body armor for him, I'd hate to get him into trouble."
talk think matrix

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #98 on: <05-10-15/0938:19> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, behind St. Anne's College, Oxford - Primary Extraction team]

Snow Crash wasn't entirely sure what to think of Al being here... especially when Al and Spike crossed upwind of him, the albino orcs nostrils faring a little with a flicker of a grimace.

He chuckles at Isaint's comment "Don't worry about Spike, fragging mutt barely even flinched at that ghoul pack back in that tribal commune in Seattle."

He looks Al over slowly before speaking "Seems to streets haven't been kind to you since we last met Al."
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #99 on: <05-10-15/1128:40> »
Sarah got into the back of Tobies' van and sat down cross-legged and began chanting as seh called up a spirit. She lit a small packet of Incense she had brought with her, and the fragrant smoke began to fill the back of the van. In the astral space infront of her, adistorted figure began to appear, it's appearence becoming more defined as the summoning went on, until an eagle maifested in front of Sarah. Sweating slightly, Sarah extinguished the incense, and bowed to the eagle. This was a new spirit, one she hadn't called before, and she had no idea what it was like. Thank you for responding to my call, great one. she said to it throught the astral.

[spoiler]Summonign 16#d6:[url]8 hits[http://orokos.com/roll/286882/url]
Spirit Resistance 6#1d6: [url]1 hit[http://orokos.com/roll/286884/url]
Resisting Drain 13#1d6:[url] 6 hits[http://orokos.com/roll/286886/url]
7 Services owed[/Spoiler]
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <05-10-15/1527:09> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, behind St. Anne's College, Oxford - Primary Extraction team]

"A veritable ghoul slayer you say? Well in that case: Welcome to the team, buddy. Hopefully they don't have any VITAS victims in there." Isaint  intensified the scratching behind the ears.
"So, now that we have a more manageable group size: I looked over the data from Art and I'm sure of only one thing: We don't want to leave through the front entrance."
He pulled up the AR map: "There are just to many flat roofs around for an intercepting team with an anti-material rifle - yeah, yeah, sounds like overkill for an extraction, but I'm talking about worst case."
Isaint concentrated and the map moved a bit to the south. "Now, here is the Faculty of Philosophy. In contrast to math, I can't imagine that they develop anything important enough to have high security. So, I'd suggest, we make our way through into the neighboring building.

Pick up would be in the courtyard with the circular patch of grass.

I know, Snow Crash can handle matrix support and getaway, I myself am trained as a bodyguard, so I'd like to take shield duty. That leaves you, Al and your hound to handle the principal and prevent him from doing anything stupid."

He looked at the zoned out form of the mage:
"What I don't know is, if Daddy can help us better by staying in the car and act as spotter and shooter, or if he should accompany us inside. Have you worked together on a previous run?"
« Last Edit: <05-11-15/1004:13> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #101 on: <05-10-15/1944:43> »
[Tobbis -Wednesday June 17th, 2076 - Heading towards Manor in his Jackrabbit with Sarah - Kid Extraction team - Current condition 2 Stun damage, Currently in VR in Hot-Sim - Collecting Data with Data Sprite]
Tobbis's cameras couldn't pick up a non-manifesting spirit of course, so he didn't know how good she did compared to his attempts to summon a sprite. For now he just had to use the sprites he did have to take on the challenges they'd soon face.

To all
Currently moving into location. Is there anything else anyone else will need on the matrix?

Mentally he facepalms as he realizes he had already had a data sprite compiled, and registered, the little thing, he took to naming Tink, floated idly around him in the matrix, like an magic stone from a game that most people are a little more hesitant to play these days, ever since dragons were found to be real.

The first thing he did then, was use the sprite to gather the data on every street, sewer, biway, hiway, pathway he could find. Sometimes the issues with these places was the fact they were a maze to make it difficult for terrorists to get around, or so goes the story.

[spoiler]Assist Matrix Search for Sprite: 10d6t5 7
Sprite searching for path info: 15d6t5 5

Post count 11[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-10-15/2033:36> by Triskavanski »
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <05-10-15/2037:32> »
[Wednesday, June 17th, 2075, Somewhere Between London and Oxford. Hotel Extraction Team]

Mel, comfortably sitting in the back of the Frenchman's car, replied <I find that planning from the end works best for me. So let's figure out how to leave the premises with her without getting caught.> She then had a look at the hotel material that had been forwarded to her, looking for any possible exit routes.

[spoiler]Security Design 3 + Logic 6: 9d6t5 2 no glitches

Self thought
Speech
Matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #103 on: <05-10-15/2158:56> »
[Wednesday, June 17th, 2075, Somewhere Between London and Oxford. Hotel Extraction Team]

Solo replied: <<I do not know much about security but... I have this idea that have a potential to make our life easier... who knows maybe even go out of the front door. we can make the camera feeds appear as if she already left. We can do that by disguising some other guest to the wife, while that guest is leaving. >>

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #104 on: <05-11-15/0133:48> »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean Solo.

Mel, an escape route is indeed the first thing on edge should know. The only thing is we don't know yet and won't know before we leave with our target  what the destination will be. It would be good to find a temporary hiding place to lose potential followers.

Here's my plan, which will include info gathering once we're there.
1- we need a visual on the target. Making our way inside the ballroom and/or security cameras. We need to identify her protection from her husband's employers and see how to neutralise them.

if we act like hotel guess, we'll have access to the premise easily. We may be blocked entry to where the Charity is held but accessing kitchen or storage room should be pretty simple. And maybe a terminal to make Solo's life easier.

2- bring the target where we want her, to proceed with the extraction. That can include creating a distraction or forcing her there.

3- well, make our exit. Front entrance is always better. If we knew where to take her would be great, but let's decide where we would takeep her in case the mission is cancelled. I'm pretty confident I can outrun any one.

On any case we should come up with plan B, in case something goes wrong in A.
Who knows about explosive here?
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows