NEWS

[5e IC] Circles of Power [2076 Game Thread]

• 1361 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-29-15/0841:06> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, Covent Garden, London]

Torrent stepped out from the underground and breathed in the unique scent of London above ground air.  It was early evening and the tourists were still mingling with the newly emerged theatre goers, buskers and street hawkers.  One rather overeager street performer came too close before a whithering glare from Switch stalking just behind Torrent persuaded him that there were easier pickings with less expensive looking suits just a short distance away.  Torrent briefly regretted that his other sons and daughters couldn’t be here to share this evening with him but they all had their own lives to lead and business to attend to…

Talking of business, Torrent called up the AR profile of the Mr J that had just contacted him.  The run sounded complicated and he didn’t have a regular team in the area that could cover it all…it would seem he’d need to compile a number of individuals and hope the personalities didn’t clash too much to get the job done…professionals only which narrowed the choice somewhat but left the cream of his contacts floating in view.  Narrow it down again by those who were too far away to act tonight and the list become managable.

Mentally addressing his Agent Torrent instructed

>>Jenny, please contact the names on this list and enquire whether they are interested in work on short notice, to be completed by tomorrow morning

>>Certainly Sir, loading obsfucation protocols and routing via Proxy servers seven and sixteen…

>>Hoi!  Are you available to meet Mr Johnson at the King William Public House on the corner of Kingly and Canton streets at 20:30 tonight? The job requires a quick resolution <Torrent>
« Last Edit: <08-17-15/1239:10> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-29-15/1120:16> »
Daniel Howling Wolf was enjoying his first trip to Europe, he was glad that Jayson had invited him to help train security at the NAN embassy.  Wandering the streets of London-town, he was happily playing the tourist munching on fish and chips as he took in sights, not that anyone could mistake him for a local with his mahogany skin.

He did have one serious decision to make though, if he was going to attend the embassy function with Lady Jessica, he was going to need to do some shopping for appropriate formal wear soon.  On the other hand Chloe, the pale skinned Cockney beauty he had spent the weekend with, had invited him to a concert of her all-grrl synththrash  band.  He was turning the matter over in his mind for the hundredth time when his comm buzzed.

The local fixer Rhino had put him in touch with had sent a message, “Looks like both ladies are going to be disappointed tonight.” thought Smiley with a trademarked grin.   8)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-29-15/1123:43> »
Solo quickly replied: <<Thanks for thinking of me - I’ll be there. >>
He was in the middle of dinner with his half serious girlfriend Tammie. Her parents were around and it was a big deal dinner.
“Sorry guys I have some unexpected .*Family obligations*" he said as he left her parents house a lot earlier than expected of him.
He planned on ditching Tammie when he ditches his current fake SIN - but he enjoyed pretending to be part of society for just a little bit longer. It made his cover a bit more believable and his life a bit richer. The fact that the ginger elf was gorgeous made ditching her harder... "Maybe I'll keep her around... " this was a dangerous thought and he knew that.
« Last Edit: <04-29-15/1126:51> by gilga »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-29-15/1129:43> »
[Wednesday, June 17th, 2076, 19:36, Outside the National Theatre, London]

Mel took out her commlink to catch up on her social life when she saw that Torrent had sent her a message. Reading it quickly, she sighed. It wasn't every day that the Bolshoi Ballet was in town, but when money called, money called. The woman quickly sent a message back to Torrent, confirming her presence at the meet.

>> Count me in, I'll be there.

She had just enough time to find her date and tell him, in her southern accent, "You're gonna hav'ta finish this one without me, sugah, I have a pressing mattah to tend to. Be a gentleman and call me a cab, would'ya?"

The runner didn't like to leave marks like that, but she knew she could just call him in a few days and he'd be all over her. Besides, she had a reputation to uphold and Torrent only called her for jobs that paid well, even if she had to talk herself into the better paying bracket.

Once in the cab, she gave the driver (so to speak) two stops: the first one was the Conrad, where she had to change and get her gear, the second one was the King William Public House. She hoped traffic would let her arrive there on time, but even if it didn't, she could always bat a pretty eye at the Johnson and convince him she was fashionably late.

Back at her hotel, she changed into her Second Skin, taking her gear with her. Once she made sure she had everything she needed, she looked at the clock on the wall and caught her cab at exactly 20:19. It didn't leave her much time, but for some reason the traffic gods smiled at her and she got to the meeting place at 20:30, right on the button.

As she exited the cab and made her way into the establishment, she gracefully looked at her surroundings, trying to spot anything out of place. Old habits died hard, especially for someone who was used to running in the shadows. After she was satisfied, she switched her commlinks to hidden and casually walked in.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-29-15/1941:40> »
[Wednesday, June 17th, 2076, London]

Snow crash was relaxing after a long day of driving. He'd been taking a break from his present home of East Berlin and working around Western Europe when he'd been put in touch with someone called 'Torrent', said to be working the London scene recently and hiring top talent. He'd made the drive through the Chunnel with his gear, it had raised eyebrows but his documentation as a Matrix Security expert had passed, most of the recommendations linked to it where even legit. Course he'd never done that sort of thing for the 10, heck not even B grade corps... just small companies trying to make ends meet while getting ground to paste by the megas, last thing they needed was some wiseass scriptkiddy ripping their Host apart for kicks. Most of the time it was just writing better IC for them and shoring up loopholes, once or twice chasing off wannabies in the Matrix, cause he never used his nasty software on them.

It was a nice change of pace from the kinds of runs he did nowadays. A chance to relax and work on code without a deadline counted in seconds and bullets, explosions and fragging magic flying everywhere as a distraction.

It was coming up again, he didn't know what but he felt it in his gut... this 'Torrent' didn't deal in small fry. The albino Orc was relaxing in a small pub, drawing looks from the locals of course, but he knew not to take offense at the look of 'freak', he after all was a freak of genetics, and that wasn't even getting into the 'ware. He was starting to consider calling it a night when a message popped up on his AR overlay. The low level trace software quickly getting lost, but reading the message he didn't bother trying to track the message down himself.

[Barely made it in town and already on the contact list eh? Guess what I've heard about you being a pro is right. Sure, I'll be there. <Snow Crash>

Paying off his tab via credstick he walks out, being sure to give a polite nod to the group giving him the worst 'freak' look, barely containing a grin at the look of shock on their faces. Outside he settles into his Ford Americar and starts driving. Everything licensed locked securely away, and everything unlincesable hidden from view. He called up the mapsoft to his location, but rather than activating the wireless he starts up a set of custom software that trawls sections of GridGuide for reports then shunts the information to another set of programs to collate it before a final program interfaces with the mapsoft. It wasn't as reliable or quite up-to-date as the wireless function, but being so fragmented it was a lot less traceable.

It's 20:20 when he pulls up and gets out, he keeps his gear in the car, but also keeps a status window open in his AR. Although he was close enough to possibly still hear the ear splitting howl of the alarm if anyone tried anything. He steps in, looking around, software running to ping any other professionals in the bar and pull up their JackPoint profile.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #5 on: <04-29-15/2146:36> »
"Finally, last Box Daddy sagged into the worn chair after dropping the box into a corner and spilling its contents into the Corner, Switching his sight into the astral Daddy watched the items in the box sink a energy into the floor that settled with a sigh like hiss. After a few more moments daddy sat up and moved into the modest living room, a large TV and vr gaming set up taking up most of the wall along with a well worn couch, Before he could settle down for a game though the comm pinged, a message. A low growl rumbled from daddy before he snagged it up and read the message.

Torrent, Well i've heard nothing but good so lets roll the dice

Sure im game Much  Love Daddy After sending the message daddy glanced at the dead woman hanging from his shoulders before slinging the bag through her form and heading down to his car, Of course she just moved to the other  and contiued to lounge around him like a damned pet. Punching the address daddy let himself drift while the car sped through the streets, He wondered who exactly he would be stuck working with and if any of them would flake mid run.  Sliding his eyes to the woman no longing in the passanger seat sucking her thumb and staring at him There are worse things then a Spazzed teammate

After the short drive he parked and checked out the place, slipping his sight into the astral and doing a quick once over for spirits and any other awakened before straitening his shirt and changing it to a simple black and pulling up the Collar on his Longcoat. Lets go make friends, The dead girl settled about his shoulders as daddy walked in and doing a quick once over of the Inside
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-30-15/1851:12> »
[Wednesday, June 17th, 2076, London]

Sarah Creeping Snake was enjoying the sights of London when the message came in. She had just arrived a few days ago, and she had fallen in love with the English city, and was currently sightseeing Westminister Abbey. London's weather had been colder than expected, way colder than the american west she had lived in, so she had thrown a light jacket on top of her usual tank top and cargo pants. She wore her power focus, a carving of a coyote made into a necklace, underneath. She had just heard that Daniel was in town and was thinking of visiting him when the message arrived. Torrent? I've heard the name before, he's got a good reputation. Daniel can wait, I'm going to really need some cash if I'm going to keep on travelling. She started to compose a reply but stopped for a second. It could be a trap, she thought nervously, but then shook her head You know what the therapist said, don't let a single event of your life define it. This guy has a good reputation, he's legit, and the one guy who would go to such lengths to get you is dead. You made sure of that.

>>To:Torrent
>>I will be there.
>>Hallucination

She chekced the time and realized that she still had some time to go sightseeing, but she realized that she had missed the twelve-hour mark. She quickly opened up her back-pack and almsot fubled opening up the little bottle of Bi-polar meds.Getting them in Berlin had been a risk, especially right after hse had done that job in Hamburg, bu thankfully her fake SIN had done the job, and she didn't think she had been traced. She washed the pills done with some water, and then went to where she had parked her bike. She hoped on and went off to see the sights, then when the time came, drove to the King William's Public House.
« Last Edit: <04-30-15/1903:15> by saithor »
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-30-15/1902:39> »
Isaint had been busy touring the city. He was just about exiting a fascinating exhibition on the industrial revolution - didn't seem like much had changed except that the smog was even more toxic now - when his second commlink, the one he kept running silent alerted him to a priority message.
He grinned, so his contact had been right, there were some good jobs to be had here. He answered quickly while he left the museum:
<<Isaint: I'll be there - standard rates apply>>

He still had some time, but quick resolution meant equipment on hand, so he hasted to where he had semi-legally parked his bike - a classic Yamaha Rapier - and weaved into London rush hour traffic.

Despite every damn banker and corporate wanker insisting on driving himself instead of relying on the grid guide, he made it to the little bed&breakfast without dying or being maimed by an inattentive SUV driver.

B&Bs were one of the things Isaint loved about this island - they were if not cheap at least reasonable prized, didn't require a hideously expensive SIN to fool the checks and still allowed a modicum of security.
In his room he changed out of his tourist outfit and into cheap work clothes like those worn by millions of low level corp drones. His Wild Hunt jacket and the armored Trenchcoat completed the change

[spoiler]
Face sculpt:
Disguise Check: Face Sculpt: 14d6t5 3
[/spoiler]
Than came the face: He concentrated and called on the saint to grant him protection. Immediately he felt how the distinctive features of his face smoothed over, until he looked as bland as possible. A quick look in the mirror confirmed that he didn't look anything like himself anymore. London still defended the title of the city with the most cctv cameras - no need to give those pattern recognition algorithms more food than absolutely necessary.
He deactivated the comm with his real SIN on it and went out through the window into the backyard.

He returned to his machine and set off to his second destination: A local sports club and one of the few places in London where he could maintain a sports rifle without problems. At the moment the gun rested in pieces within a backpack together with the rest of his equipment inside a secure locker. When he had finally retrieved his stash, it was high time for him to get to the meet.

At the public house he went straight to the barman and asked him in exchange for a modest amount of Euros to watch over his baggage. After ordering a soda he sat at the bar and waited. He was quite keen to learn who else Torrent had found at short notice...

[spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-30-15/1932:20> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <05-01-15/0841:48> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, King William Pub, London]

The King William sits in a pedestrian zone on the corner of Kingly and Canton streets. The buildings on either side only
reach four, or at most five, stories into the air. Walking down the lamp-lit street, the sound of music filters from a few of
the buildings. In front of each pub, there are tables and chairs where people are talking and laughing over pints of ale.

The scent of cooking meat wafts on the air, and you notice food-laden dishes being delivered to the tables. In fact, you
see a kebab stand further down the street. Above each entrance, there is a sign announcing the name of the store or
pub in both reality and AR. The King William pub takes up the first floor of a five-story, redbrick building, and a sign outside
states that the building was constructed in 1759. Next to the sign and in AR is the menu with things like steak and ale pie,
shepherd’s pie, fish and chips, bangers and mash, ploughman’s lunch, and something called pasties.

You find a bench and table far in the back, next to the loo, for your group and get settled in when you notice a leanly
sculpted gentleman with the finest chiselled cheekbones and brow money can buy approaching your table. He holds a pint
in one hand and a cigar in the other.

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen! My name is Mr. Johnson, but I prefer Art.” You notice that he has a distinctly
Eastern UCAS accent, probably New York. “Let me get straight to the point. A mutual friend, Torrent, told me where I
might find you. He said you would be capable of some work I need done. I have an extremely short-notice engagement that
requires immediate action. And I have been told you are all top-notch consultants that I need to get it done. Are you interested in making some quick cash? Or were the reports on your skills incorrect?”
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <05-01-15/0936:37> »
"We are here and listening."
Isaint showed a politely interested face. So far he hadn't had a chance to introduce himself to the rest of the would-be team. He wasn't great with names, but he had the distinct impression that he knew or at least had heard of the albino ork. Ice Crusher or something like that.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <05-01-15/0948:52> »
Solo judged his fellow mates with a look trying to guess their caliber. He could work with almost any team filling up the spot that they need from him. When Mr. Johnson started talking Solo just gave him a serious look.
“Nice to meet you Art. Name is Solo”. He shakes his hand.  "Lets start at what can we do for you...”
He look at the rest of the team trying to see a familiar face... “Afterwards just give us about 15 minutes to see if we can do the deed... our reimbursement should only be discussed after that.”

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #11 on: <05-01-15/1013:30> »
Daddy settled in and as soon as Art Finished talking offered him a crooked Grin and a cold handshake

Names Daddy

He offered the same smile to the rest of the team as he glanced around to take in faces and see just who might be doing what
Solo huh, Well at least hes to the point, Seems like the rest of the players here are Top Tier, no Pugs to be seen, seems like a good game is gonna be underway
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <05-01-15/1037:02> »
"Pleased to meet you, Art" said Mel as she gave him a bewitching smile. She acknowledged the other participants as well, smiling somewhere between polite and flirtatious. The elven woman continued, "I don't mean to speak for everybody present, but we're here for a job, and given the fact that we came on such short notice, my guess is that everyone sitting down at the table is ready and willing to hear your proposition. So we could sit here and go through the formalities, or you cut to the details of the meeting and we could start this ball sooner. Your choice my dear." Melissa said the last sentence with a wink, leaning back and crossing her legs, a charming smile resting on her face.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <05-01-15/1107:50> »
Solo liked Mel already, a flirty keeb that has a no bullishit approach.  "Like my girlfriend... got to watch out from this one" he thought.  He nodded and sent her flirtatious smile. Thinking to himself... "At least it will be a pleasant mission..." Solo had a soft spot for good looking elf girls... just like the rest of the world.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <05-01-15/1446:59> »
"Always good to travel halfway around the world and still see a friendly face, how are you Sarah?" whisperedSmiley when he saw his friend.  With polite nods to the others at the table, the Amerind kept his own peace and nursed a drink as the Johnson made his spiel.  He gave a supporting gestures to the others' comments and waited to hear the job.  He outer appearance showed no hint, but he was tuning into the others so as to be able to get good reads when the money got stated, as is his natural role of the face required.