NEWS

SR3 Building an Anthropomorphic Drone

• 2 Replies

drewbacca

• Newb
« on: <01-14-15/1814:20> »
I have gone over this section of Rigger 3 several times and I still can't make any sense of building a drone. How does one even start?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #1 on: <01-15-15/1339:21> »
Keep track of your Design Points throughout this entire process.

1: Select a chassis.  This is going to be either Anthroform, Medium (big dwarfs, humans, elves, most orks) or Anthroform, Large (big orks, trolls).
2: Select a power source.  Most types have designs for the anthroforms: Battery, Diesel, Electric Fuel Cell, Gasoline, and Methane.  Sorry, you can't have a nuclear- or sail-powered anthroform.

This gives you your starting attributes (speed, handling, load, etc.) and your maximum attributes.

4: Adjust your attributes to where you want them.
5: Select standard (built-in) design options and vehicle modifications.  Some of these are mutually exclusive; several of them will increase or decrease the limits on your Speed, Handling, and Load attributes without actually altering those attributes.  IF LIMITS=ADJUSTED, THEN GOTO 4.

6: Add in any other modifications you might want.
7: Determine final cost.  This is Design Point Total x Mark-Up Factor (found on your chassis table), rounded up to the nearest nuyen.
8: Fuck Shit Up.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

drewbacca

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-16-15/1102:50> »
Thanks. I will follow this as I go through the book.

What I am trying to do is make a rigger character with the paraplegic flaw from the Shadowrun Companion who runs through remote rigging the team vehicle and following the group on the run through a anthropomorphic drone.

I am thinking Anne-Droid or Mr. Roboto for names.