NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #315 on: <11-22-15/1814:33> »
...as to personalised grip, Hard Targets is not yet accepted for Missions play as the hardcopy version still needs to be released.
If Missions requires a hardcopy version of a book for rules to be legal, how would SASS be acceptable in Missions? It only ever got a digital release. Anyway, not a Chummer problem as far as I'm concerned. If you'd prefer, you can make a custom_weapons.xml file and put in a replacement for it, but I don't see a point in having two versions of the same item.
...hmm wasn't aware of that.  Need to speak with someone in the group then.  Maybe I was given misinformation then because SASS is listed among the books permitted in the current Missions FAQ.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Halinn

• Chummer
« Reply #316 on: <11-22-15/1824:51> »
My guess is that it only requires hardcopy release for products that will get one.

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #317 on: <11-22-15/1838:43> »
Just noticed that on the Fugitive Life module it doesn't give you the Street Knowledge: [City] + 2.  Also, if you would like me to post these minor things elsewhere, let me know where!

FasterN8

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • Err on the side of awesome.
« Reply #318 on: <11-22-15/1839:10> »
My guess is that it only requires hardcopy release for products that will get one.

That is correct. 
For releases that will have hardcopy, they become missions legal 30 days after their announced street date.  For pdf-only releases, they become missions legal 30 days after they become available on pdf.  So while Hard Targets is not yet missions legal, customized grip is because it was in a previous release.  Again, not a Chummer issue, but that's the rule for each type of release.

I don't know if this has been requested before, so I'll stick it in here since it's slightly related.  Is there a way to put in a feature that allows you to display only missions-legal options?  This mostly applies to qualities, but there's also some magical traditions that are disallowed and probably some other things I can't think of at the moment.   As a CDT agent, I'm frequently coming across players who have accidentally chosen options that are not missions legal.  I'd be happy to write up the file for items that go on the disallowed/illegal list.

« Last Edit: <11-22-15/1840:59> by FasterN8 »

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #319 on: <11-22-15/1849:56> »
@Strange: Generally adding issues to the github is easiest for me, but it's not a big deal. As long as you're not burying issues in Reddit threads that I never read and then get stroppy that I didn't see it, anything's good.

@FasterN8: That's a rather arbitrary decision, isn't it?

Missions filter isn't really a problem to implement, it's just limited to qualities at the moment as a proof of concept. If you can give me a list of the things I'd need to limit then I can work it up.

FasterN8

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • Err on the side of awesome.
« Reply #320 on: <11-22-15/1908:20> »
@FasterN8: That's a rather arbitrary decision, isn't it?

Missions filter isn't really a problem to implement, it's just limited to qualities at the moment as a proof of concept. If you can give me a list of the things I'd need to limit then I can work it up.

What is arbitrary, the 30-day wait time?  I think that is to give GMs a grace period to know the material before over-zealous players steamroll them on day 2 with all the new toys and rules that they've just found.... Or maybe to get the FAQ updated with missions specific stuff for that release.

As far as the disallowed qualities, they are on pg 13 of the FAQ here: https://www.facebook.com/SRMissions/   But for your convenience, standby for a PM excerpt of the qualities that are specifically disallowed.

I'll also comb through the FAQ for other missions-specific rules that might fall under this feature later.  Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

EDIT:  Duh.  I just realized the qualities filter was already there under the options menu.  I'll get on the other items soon.
« Last Edit: <11-22-15/2005:01> by FasterN8 »

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #321 on: <11-23-15/0045:41> »
...hmm wasn't aware of that.  Need to speak with someone in the group then.  Maybe I was given misinformation then because SASS is listed among the books permitted in the current Missions FAQ.

The Missions rules on legality are as follows:

1. If the supplement will be pdf only, it becomes legal 30 days after release, unless it is entirely optional (Bullets & Bandages) or the Missions FAQ forbids it.

2. Some pdfs are mostly illegal (Assassin's Primer), since most of it is optional (Codes of Honor), with a few items that are legal (SVD sniper rifle).

3. Supplements that will have a pdf and hardcopy become Missions legal 30 days from the announced street date of the physical book. Optional rules in those books are generally illegal, as well as anything Missions specifically doesn't all from that book (certain qualities, etc.).

Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but Personalized Grip is a special case. It was in a pdf only supplement near the start of 5th Edition, and was listed again in Hard Targets. Since it was already Missions legal from the pdf only supplement, it remains that way. Hopefully that makes more sense.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #322 on: <11-23-15/0309:48> »
...thank you. 

Is there a any idea of what the target date for the dead tree version of Hard Targets might be?
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #323 on: <11-23-15/0321:24> »
...thank you. 

Is there a any idea of what the target date for the dead tree version of Hard Targets might be?

Unfortunately I have no idea. You could check their twitter feed, and see if it says there, or perhaps their facebook page? Personally I try to avoid social media like the plague, so I generally don't find out until someone posts it on these forums.

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #324 on: <11-23-15/1453:22> »

In the teen years, magical education, for the skills you would normally get to choose, it doesn't give you the options, nor the skills.  You probably already know that one already.
So I modified my life modules file to automatically give me Sorcery 1 and Conjuring 1.  I figure the best way to provide options for those would to have sub menus on Magical education for each awakened quality, so for magicain it could have the first choice as Sorcery 1 & Conjuring 1, choice two could be Sorcery 1 and Enchanting 1, choice three would be Conjuring 1 and Enchanting 1.  That looks like it would work fine.
Just noticed that on the Fugitive Life module it doesn't give you the Street Knowledge: [City] + 2.  Also, if you would like me to post these minor things elsewhere, let me know where!
I added <group>Street</group> and now it shows up.  Did it for UCAS Denver as well.  Starting to get the hang of this.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #325 on: <11-24-15/1133:06> »
Chummer 5a Version .0.5.177  Sum to 10

When I try to add a commlink in both gen mode or career mode, error message is:

Unable to cast object of type 'Chummer.Gear' to type 'Chummer.Commlink'.

Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Hache

• Newb
« Reply #326 on: <11-24-15/1150:10> »
Hi, and thanks for your wonderfull tool ! I have a small issue since the last update (update from the previous version).

Chummer 5a 0.5.177 Sum to 10
When I create a character, then select "Change Priority Selection", I get the error message :

InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex

Details :
[spoiler]See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at Chummer.frmSumtoTenMetatype.LoadMetatypes()
   at Chummer.frmSumtoTenMetatype.frmSumtoTenMetatype_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer5
    Assembly Version: 0.5.177.0
    Win32 Version: 0.5.177.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/jdr/SR5/Shadowrun5E/Chummer5/Chummer5.exe
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34270 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

[/spoiler]

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #327 on: <11-24-15/1205:05> »
That's odd. Change priority option works for me without problems
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #328 on: <11-24-15/1316:51> »
Chummer 5a Version .0.5.177  Sum to 10

When I try to add a commlink in both gen mode or career mode, error message is:

Unable to cast object of type 'Chummer.Gear' to type 'Chummer.Commlink'.
I have this as well.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #329 on: <11-24-15/1724:31> »
both instances of Living Focus has page reference of SG 1

Weapon Category DV Improvement does not work. I can add any and all numbers/names etc i want in there and it wont even add the listing to my "improvements" page.

would it be possible to get another Improvement option of "Increase Category Accuracy"? specifically for the instance of Martial Arts, and Two Weapon Style Attack. It adds +1 to DMG of weapon, and +1 to Accuracy of the weapon. Not sure how much work it would be to add those mods when you select the technique, so doing it through the Improvements page is the next best thing.

While were on the subject of Martial Arts, Fiore de Libre is listing 2 martial art techniques that i cannot find anywhere, Strike the darkness, and Neija, are these errors? or am i looking in the wrong book?

also, not a bug or anything, but is there any inkling of a chance that you will go back through all the cyber/bio/adept powers etc and add the descriptor text from the book? i hate having to go back through 6+ books now every time im building a character going "what did this do again?"  (i might be willing to help with some of this, in the form of typing the text/adding it to the code if need be)

« Last Edit: <11-24-15/1739:56> by Raven2049 »