NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #240 on: <09-15-15/1021:19> »
Something's janky with the executable updater, so please update via the github files for now: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest

Build 174:
Application Change:
- Calculation of Essence discounts is now multiplicative instead of additive. I am assured this is a good thing.
- Fixed the default values for free karma knowledge. If you have an existing settings file, please reset to defaults by clicking Tools > Options > Karma Costs > Reset to Default.
- Issues with Sum to Ten character generation artifically granting a MAG value higher than the metatype maximum should be fixed. I expect it'll break again in a week or so somehow, so please let me know if you experience any issues.
- Chummer's main window now shows the current version in the title to aid troubleshooting.
- Fixed a crash issue with Dwarves and the Resistance to Pathogens/Toxins metaquality, courtesy of Argo2445.
- Fixed a crash caused by missing information in SURGE qualities.
- Fixed a crash when trying to add items that include the selecttext bonus to vehicles.
- Public Awareness is no longer an automatically calculated value.
- Positive Metagenetic Qualities are hidden by default UNLESS you have one of the Changeling qualities, or disable the 'hide qualities I can't take' checkbox. Not particularly happy with the implementation for this; feedback appreciated.

Data Change:
- Magical Education Life Module now has a proper karma cost; prevents crashes.
- Myostatin Inhibitor genemod now adds 1 Strength. The karma cost needs additional code support and hasn't been implemented properly yet.
- Fixed skill usage for cyber implant weapons.
- Fixed missing categories for the Attention-Seeking and Sadistic variants of Poor Self Control.
- Fixed an issue with the Net weapon that caused a crash.
- Fixed a crash issue with the Trauma Damper, courtesy of SolitarySky.
- Changed the Priority B Elf's Special points to 6.

Translation Changes:
- Added French translations courtesy of sethsatan.

Oh, and there's currently a small UI issue with cyberware not showing the correct Essence cost. We're looking into it now. There will likely be a hotfix in a day or two for small issues that crop up like that.
« Last Edit: <09-15-15/1057:22> by Chummer 5 is Alive »

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #241 on: <09-15-15/1438:03> »

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #242 on: <09-15-15/1601:29> »
I get this when trying to run this version...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32u3f51fiobu0bp/Screenshot%202015-09-15%2020.36.59.png?dl=0

That's a Windows 10 issue - it's picking up on the fact that Chummer5 has no publisher info.
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #243 on: <09-15-15/1641:09> »
a) Why has this never been an issue before?
b) I'm not on windows 10.  I'm on 8.1

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #244 on: <09-15-15/1751:25> »
Just put the latest version of Chummer5 on my Windows 8.1 tablet for the first time ever, launched, and got no such alert.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #245 on: <09-15-15/1837:36> »
Doesn't do it for me or my test bunnies either, but I compiled it so I'd be surprised if it did. No idea why it would have started doing it suddenly, but I'm not particularly interested in buying a cert to make it not do it.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #246 on: <09-16-15/0112:26> »
If you google windows smartscreen there are directions for changing the settings or turning smartscreen off.

dougch

• Newb
« Reply #247 on: <09-16-15/0158:33> »
how are you utilizing life modules? im going bananas trying to find how to sue them in here.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #248 on: <09-16-15/0205:11> »
Open options, you should see a checkbox for enabling Life Modules, then you should see a new button next to Delete Quality. They're still betaish, so we didn't want to make them a default option just yet.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #249 on: <09-16-15/0959:58> »
Great work on this, thanks for hiding the metagenic qualities.  Been driving me nuts.  Also like it that Adept as a quality is hidden too. 
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #250 on: <09-16-15/1007:44> »
Seems like the new build broke "College Education" and "Linguist", didn't check "School of Hard Knocks" or "Tech School Ed".  Sum to Ten, Standard Gen.  Started a new character to make sure it wasn't an old file causing problems.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #251 on: <09-16-15/1114:54> »
Here's a tiny one, that I think still deserves mention:

The Autopicker is listed in the books with  Rating x 500¥
Chummer5 says it costs Rating x 250¥

(Or has there been an errata that I missed?

silveroak

• Newb
« Reply #252 on: <09-18-15/0843:23> »
I switched to this build so I could use some of the newer character creation methods, but during the game it was an absolute disaster. It kept giving me unhandled exceptions, refused to change tabs between characters and sometimes between tabs on a character, the karma and nuyen history kept disappearing, and it was chock full of calculations errors and just generally glitchy behavior. Is there a stable version I can load that also includes life modules options?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #253 on: <09-18-15/0912:34> »
Short version no, but I haven't seen it ever remove tabs. What calculation errors did you get?

The linguist and such are apparently only working for karma purchases, and I've just now read College Education again and realised I coded it wrong. I'll sort that out now.

Autopicker, I dunno. Will fix.
« Last Edit: <09-18-15/1025:36> by Chummer 5 is Alive »

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #254 on: <09-18-15/1043:07> »
not sure if this has been mentioned, but both expanded volume and augmented immune system from chrome and flesh go to rating 4 but seem to be limited to rating 3 in chummer 5