NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Nevyn

• Chummer
  • We are all ready to be savage in some cause
« Reply #120 on: <02-27-15/0850:07> »
Let me first echo the prior sentiment... Thank you for your hard work. I've been away from the game for a few years (since 3rd ed) and am so amazed at this community and this app.

Secondly:
Once I have downloaded Chummer5 from https://code.google.com/p/chummer5/ what do I need to do or download next, after checking the boxes in the Options? I have downloaded files from this space: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3RhPHKkUyd7NkE0WlVEYXdaR1U&usp=sharing and have copied them into the data folder.

Now when I look up the PACKS I see error messages on the Adept kits, the Skill kits, the Gear kits and the Complex Forms kits. All of the items are listed as Chummer.ListItem

Also - I've been asked to download RunFaster to help with karmic character creation to 850 points but I downloaded the files in the RunFaster folder and still cannot use Karma.

« Last Edit: <02-27-15/0854:08> by Nevyn »
speaking out loud
matrix actions/communication
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

Nevyn

• Chummer
  • We are all ready to be savage in some cause
« Reply #121 on: <03-06-15/1554:19> »
Is there a way I can find an older version of the application. I think that there must be a flaw with the 5.139 version that is making some of the pack types impossible to use.
speaking out loud
matrix actions/communication
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #122 on: <03-07-15/1259:25> »
I encountered a weird Bug with the Chummer in the Bodyware Systems, the punctuation in values seems to be completely off in several Wares.

Titanium Lacing uses 15 Essence instead of 1.5, Shockhand 25 instead of 0.25, it gets even more out of whack when i change ANY Ware away from "Standard".
Used Titanium Lacing goes to 1875 Essence and 2.250.000Nuyen instead of 1,875 and  22.500.(and everythin else has the same problems)

The weirdest thing about it, is that the problem only exists on my PC, when i copied the Chummer files to my Laptop it works completely fine, giving me the correct values on everything.
(Tested it with another Laptop works correctly too)

Anyone knows what could cause this?

Another smaller thing according to Chummer i can buy a "Holster" SR5 Page 436(Armor enhancement), but i can only find "Concealed Holster" and "Quickdraw Holster"  in the Book (which then makes me wonder why there are no normal holsters in the game) and i can't find anything about a normal holster in the Firearms section. Is that an oversight in the German Corebook or was it added in another Book?

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #123 on: <03-07-15/2335:54> »
Regarding the Holster, I wouldn't put it as an oversight in the German core book but the American as there is no such gear listed (the American SR5 page 436 actually covers some Ammo & Explosives).

As for the punctuation for Essence costs, I can only guess at it being related to the Region settings of that one particular computer, and I'm figuring this from issues Nebular had in making Chummer (which Chummer5 is based on) work with in handling the difference of using a comma or a period for a decimal point.  If not in the Region settings, then wherever in your computer that handles the display for the decimal point (comma vs. period).

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #124 on: <03-08-15/0712:41> »
Thanks that solved it,

the problem was the difference between the "Region"(German) and "Format"(English) setting, setting the latter back to German solved the problem.

Deacon

• Newb
  • Call me... Deacon Blues
« Reply #125 on: <03-08-15/1505:10> »
I have to ask this: Is there going to be support added to the program for Run Faster?  (The version I have doesn't have it, and I updated last week.)
"Of course I have a superpower.  It's called a brain.  I use it."
--Johnny Zero, Children of the Atom

Aethelwulf1972

« Reply #126 on: <03-15-15/1309:53> »
one of the guys in my group was asking about the ultimax rain forest carbine.  chummer is apparently showing it as 11p damage and with SA/BF for firing modes....is this an error?

8-bit

« Reply #127 on: <03-15-15/1332:01> »
one of the guys in my group was asking about the ultimax rain forest carbine.  chummer is apparently showing it as 11p damage and with SA/BF for firing modes....is this an error?

Missions FAQ; page 20.

Yes, that's correct. Gun H(e)aven 3 is incorrect.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #128 on: <03-25-15/2100:31> »
loss of confidence is showing up as a -5 neg quality instead of its book listed -10.

easily remedied but just putting this out there

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #129 on: <03-31-15/1427:34> »
Hey guys, first of - as others have said - thanks for picking this up! I love community driven efforts like this, and I love Chummer5, so thanks again!

I've tried to use College Education as well as School of Hard Knocks, but neither seems to have any effect during character creation. Knowledge Skills still cost standard points, rather than half. Is this a known issue, am I doing it wrong?

Thanks again!

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #130 on: <03-31-15/1519:52> »
Oh, I'm also not having any luck with Friends in High Places. I took the Quality, but don't see any extra contact points to spend.

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #131 on: <03-31-15/1613:37> »
Hey guys, first of - as others have said - thanks for picking this up! I love community driven efforts like this, and I love Chummer5, so thanks again!

I've tried to use College Education as well as School of Hard Knocks, but neither seems to have any effect during character creation. Knowledge Skills still cost standard points, rather than half. Is this a known issue, am I doing it wrong?

Thanks again!
Oh, I'm also not having any luck with Friends in High Places. I took the Quality, but don't see any extra contact points to spend.
I poked around a little in the old Chummer, looking at the Adept power Linguistics (first rank in a language is free) in particular to get an idea on how this might work.  I don't believe you're doing anything wrong, but it does appear that Chummer5 is not coded in the *.EXE to properly handle these qualities.

As a workaround my suggestion would be to finish the character as normal and migrate it to Career Mode, and then immediately give yourself an amount of free karma (there's a checkbox to toggle so it doesn't count towards your career karma total) to advance your knowledge skills accordingly.  For the contact(s), just add it in once you're in Career Mode.

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #132 on: <03-31-15/2056:08> »
Per SR5 p. 386 Contacts have a Connection rating of 1-12, but can't be above 6 at creation.

I tried adding in a contact after creation, and it won't let me go above 6 for Connection rating.

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #133 on: <03-31-15/2147:13> »
That appears to be another holdover from the old Chummer, where Connection & Loyalty capped at 6.  The one workaround I can think of to cover that could break the character file, so it should go without saying to create a backup copy or a working copy before proceeding to edit the save character in a program such as Notepad (it's basically an XML file with a different extension) and manually change the contact's Connection to 8.  Best case scenario it works; worst case Chummer crashes trying to load that particular save.

Editing the character file directly is also another way to fix the previous issue with the Knowledge skills, but I'm honestly not sure about most people's confidence in doing something like this.

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #134 on: <03-31-15/2239:20> »
Well, for the time being, I just put their actual Connected stat in the notes.... :)