NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #555 on: <02-06-18/0630:56> »
No worries...I'll leave things as they are.

Pericles

• Newb
« Reply #556 on: <02-06-18/1357:14> »
A crack sprite has the stat-block Attack (CHA) L, Sleaze (INT) L+3, Data Processing (WIL) L+1, Firewall (LOG) L+2. They also have ranks in Computer, Electronic Warfare and Hacking equal to their Level.

After I posted my question, I realized that page 254 of SR5 has an Example sidebar which explains how it works. In the example, a Level 3 Courier Sprite makes a Matrix Perception (Computer +INT)  check and rolls 6 dice.

In Chummer, a level 3 courier sprite would be rolling 9 dice on this (3 in Computer, 6 in INT because it's Sleaze is L+3.)  I think the way Chummer is calculating it disagrees with the rules. Those stats for Matrix Attributes are mainly for determing limits. In the example from the book, the limit on the courier sprite's Matrix Perception test would be 4, because it's Data Processing is L+1. 

Pericles

• Newb
« Reply #557 on: <02-08-18/1120:32> »
A crack sprite has the stat-block Attack (CHA) L, Sleaze (INT) L+3, Data Processing (WIL) L+1, Firewall (LOG) L+2. They also have ranks in Computer, Electronic Warfare and Hacking equal to their Level.

After I posted my question, I realized that page 254 of SR5 has an Example sidebar which explains how it works. In the example, a Level 3 Courier Sprite makes a Matrix Perception (Computer +INT)  check and rolls 6 dice.

In Chummer, a level 3 courier sprite would be rolling 9 dice on this (3 in Computer, 6 in INT because it's Sleaze is L+3.)  I think the way Chummer is calculating it disagrees with the rules. Those stats for Matrix Attributes are mainly for determing limits. In the example from the book, the limit on the courier sprite's Matrix Perception test would be 4, because it's Data Processing is L+1.

I hope I didn't offend anyone with this post. Chummer is a fantastic piece of software; I was just trying to make sure my sprites were correct. 

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #558 on: <02-08-18/1732:40> »
You'd be astounded at how much it would actually take to offend me, don't worry about it.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #559 on: <02-12-18/0828:17> »
Any chance that you will include the updated Errata for Priority Builds soon? I know i can just "give myself the stuff" after creation, but id like to not have to remember to do so ^_^

specifically im talking about the Core Priority Changes for Technomancers as listed here: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24595.msg492902#msg492902

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #560 on: <02-12-18/0844:27> »
All errata flagged as Official has been implemented as of 5.196, unless something got sneaked in recently.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #561 on: <02-12-18/0954:37> »
Ah! theres my problem, i just built a guy (TM) that had priority C for his abilities, and it wasnt giving me the correct boosts. just had to download the correct version and redo priority selection.

it did not tell me that i had "new" points to play with tho. i basically had to reload all the options

Pericles

• Newb
« Reply #562 on: <02-12-18/1400:43> »
Is there a way to record what items are slaved in your PAN, in Chummer? Other than notes...

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #563 on: <02-12-18/1735:15> »
Currently no, it's intended to be included as part of #633, but I hate doing UX stuff so I've never gotten around to putting any serious thought into it.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #564 on: <02-14-18/0935:58> »
Righto, attempting to get Chummer back towards a monthly-ish milestone release, so we're only a couple of days late, but hey, Valentine's Day! That's gotta mean something, right? This sprint's been quite heavy on house-cleaning and bugfixes, so if there's some issue you've noticed recently and you've been on the last milestone build, there's a good chance we've fixed it over the last month. Check it out here!
As ever I need to start out by thanking Delnar_ersike, olstefan, joha4270 and everyone else who's submitted pull requests or issues to assist with making Chummer better, you all help a fantastic amount with improving the application.

If you're looking to get hold of the developers in a hurry, have suggestions, questions or anything else, you may find it helpful to join our Discord, but you can always submit issues via Github.

Pericles

• Newb
« Reply #565 on: <02-17-18/0936:20> »
Should Chummer be lowering a character's STR and AGI by 1 point for every 2 full points their +x to Armor items exceed their STR?  I've tested it with a few different characters and it doesn't seem to be doing it.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #566 on: <02-17-18/1849:06> »
Is the option to ignore encumbrance enabled?

Pericles

• Newb
« Reply #567 on: <02-19-18/1223:49> »
Is the option to ignore encumbrance enabled?

I've looked all through the Options and I don't see that option, but I don't remember ever selecting any option like that. All my options are pretty much default except for what books to use and to have it start in priority mode.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #568 on: <02-21-18/1853:29> »
Hrm. At some point an invisible option snuck in. I've fixed that in the latest nightly build, but in the meantime, open your options.xml file and look for  ignorearmorencumbrance, change the field inside it to False.
« Last Edit: <02-21-18/1907:58> by Chummer 5 is Alive »

Pericles

• Newb
« Reply #569 on: <02-21-18/2107:33> »
Fixed, thanks!