NEWS

Run & Gun rules questions

• 138 Replies

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #135 on: <04-22-14/1959:23> »
Wait, I thought the -1 penalty was for regular shooting actions but reduces the called shot penalty by 2.  Called shots aren't shots by themselves but modifiers for regular shooting actions, no?  So it's a net +1 for making a called shot and -1 for non-called shots.
All other ranged attack actions. So no, 2 less penalty on called shots, 1 more penalty on all non-called shots. And that doesn't combine with not being allowed to do non-called-shots.

Ah, so the bonuses from both positive qualities officially don't stack?

You use the word "official" like that's a thing around here  :D
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Razhul

• Omae
« Reply #136 on: <04-23-14/0157:08> »
Question about inconsistency for Ruthenium Polymer coating:

TLDR:
In SR5, Chameleon suit gives +2 for Sneaking Limit and +2 Dice for test if Wireless (p.437)
In R&G, Ruthenium Polymer coating gives -(Rating) modifier to be spotted (p.86)

Which is it?

Bonus points: The text in R&G speaks of modifiers, depending on body coverage "The effectiveness is based on the Rating of the sensor suite and the extent of the suit’s coverage. The base modifier to a Perception Test to spot the wearer is –(Rating), adjusted by the extent of the suit; full +2, almost full +1, half +0."

The "+" is what irks me as the modifier is a "-". If I have Rating 4 coating, then having full armor coverage, should not add 2 back to that roll. It should either stay at -4 or get another -2.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #137 on: <04-23-14/0216:19> »
Question about inconsistency for Ruthenium Polymer coating:

TLDR:
In SR5, Chameleon suit gives +2 for Sneaking Limit and +2 Dice for test if Wireless (p.437)
In R&G, Ruthenium Polymer coating gives -(Rating) modifier to be spotted (p.86)

Which is it?

Bonus points: The text in R&G speaks of modifiers, depending on body coverage "The effectiveness is based on the Rating of the sensor suite and the extent of the suit’s coverage. The base modifier to a Perception Test to spot the wearer is –(Rating), adjusted by the extent of the suit; full +2, almost full +1, half +0."

The "+" is what irks me as the modifier is a "-". If I have Rating 4 coating, then having full armor coverage, should not add 2 back to that roll. It should either stay at -4 or get another -2.

The Chameleon Suit only has the coating as fluff, strictly speaking, so it has its own unique rules.  However, as a houserule, it wouldn't be unreasonable to completely replace it with the Run & Gun rules.

The phrasing is awkward.  The +2, +1, etc means this:
If you have a fullbody suit, then they get a "-(Rating+2)" penalty.  It means you add that number to the effective rating of the modification.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #138 on: <04-23-14/0441:35> »
Wait, I thought the -1 penalty was for regular shooting actions but reduces the called shot penalty by 2.  Called shots aren't shots by themselves but modifiers for regular shooting actions, no?  So it's a net +1 for making a called shot and -1 for non-called shots.
All other ranged attack actions. So no, 2 less penalty on called shots, 1 more penalty on all non-called shots. And that doesn't combine with not being allowed to do non-called-shots.

Ah, so the bonuses from both positive qualities officially don't stack?
No, the negative sides of the two don't stack. And because of that, I as GM wouldn't allow someone to take both, since they'd get a freebie on one of the two downsides.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!