NEWS

Run and Gun Errata

• 127 Replies

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #120 on: <11-14-16/0256:01> »
Also... where are AV rounds? Hero Lab says they appear in Run and Gun but I can't find them

This at least I can help with.  AV rounds (and other missing rounds) are detailed on p.2 of the existing Run & Gun Errata.
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #121 on: <04-04-17/2202:10> »
Responsive Interface Gear is listed as consuming capacity for the helmet and worn armour and costs 2500¥. Is this cost separate for each item, ie a total cost of 5000¥? If the cost is for a complete set, is it possible to buy, for example, two helmets and have them sync up to the armour, or vice-versa? If so, how much would the second item cost?

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #122 on: <04-04-17/2347:33> »
I've always assumed that it was one cost, which must then take up space in both a set of armor and helmet in order to work. But the wording does let in that gap that it has to be bought and installed in each (armor and helmet). While it is possible that the intent was for it to cost 5,000 I don't think it does because of the way it is listed on the Customizations chart.

Now, the cost and installation (as well as the description) does imply pretty strongly that you buy one "RIG" and install the parts into each of the armor and helmet. You definitely need both parts for it to work. Replacing just one part of that set-up isn't really in the rules, and it would definitely be in house-rule territory to allow someone to have two different helmets sync to the same armor set.

Personally, I would call it 1,500+ to be able to have more than one set up.

Yozzy

• Newb
« Reply #123 on: <10-26-17/1424:58> »
I was looking through the explosives section, and I noticed the following items, starting from the chart on p.190 which wasn't addressed by the current errata:

* Anti-Removal Modifications is missing from the Accessories chart.
* Electrical and optical should be removed from the Accessories chart, as those are detonators.
* Redundant Power Supply has no mention of Device Ratings (i.e. no reason to differentiate from 50¥ to 500¥).

* Electrical detonator has no ratings listed
* Optical detonators

* Gunpowder is missing from the explosives chart.
* Binary explosives are missing a description.

I also was hoping for some clarification on the Nanoprint scanners, as they have no description or rules. From what I gather, this is a biometric device of some kind only partially described under optical detonator rules. The only analogous thing I can find is the nanoscanner from Chrome Flesh, but that was a device specifically meant for detecting nanoware.
« Last Edit: <10-26-17/1438:01> by Yozzy »

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #124 on: <12-06-17/0304:34> »
Wording on Bull's-Eye Double-Tap/Burst states “The attack results in an AP increase equal to the base weapon AP multiplied by the number of bullets in the burst with a maximum modifier of x3.”

To confirm, does this result in a total AP of x4, ie a total of -28 AP ((-6 * 3) + -6 + -4) for the Barret Model 122?

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #125 on: <12-06-17/0444:20> »
Wording on Bull's-Eye Double-Tap/Burst states “The attack results in an AP increase equal to the base weapon AP multiplied by the number of bullets in the burst with a maximum modifier of x3.”

To confirm, does this result in a total AP of x4, ie a total of -28 AP ((-6 * 3) + -6 + -4) for the Barret Model 122?

The bonus is that the AP is being multiplied. The Weapon's AP is being multiplied by 3, not multiplied by 3 and added to itself again. That isn't how multiplication works.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #126 on: <12-06-17/0845:09> »

The bonus is that the AP is being multiplied. The Weapon's AP is being multiplied by 3, not multiplied by 3 and added to itself again. That isn't how multiplication works.

But it is how the wording works.  It states that the AP is increase is equal to the multiplication, not that the new AP is equal to the multiplication, or that the AP is increased to equal the multiplication.  Pretty sure they meant for  the new AP is meant to be AP*(#of bullets, max 3), but that isn't actually what is written.

Neojudas

• Newb
  • 30 Years and Counting
« Reply #127 on: <12-28-17/1638:52> »
P. 86, RESPONSIVE INTERFACE GEAR STATS
Change the clause reading “takes up 2 Capacity slots in the armor and 1 Capacity slot in the helmet” to “takes up 4 Ca- pacity slots in the armor and 2 Capacity slots in the helmet.”
my question is why was this doubled at all?  What was the reasoning for it?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
NeoJudas (J. Keith Henry, "K" to some....)
Penumbra Games | Freelancer
"I have active characters that are older than you are..."