NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

Kyle Morgan

• Newb
« Reply #120 on: <08-02-13/0653:41> »
Page 241 constitutes Matrix Perception as a complex action, but in the detailed description only simple tests are mentioned. Might be easily confused as simple action.
« Last Edit: <08-02-13/0655:47> by Kyle Morgan »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #121 on: <08-02-13/2017:23> »
Copying these from the SRU forum while responding to the many things there that already were asked/reported/etc. Note that these are direct quotes, so any personal verbs are from their original posters. If any of these were reported elsewhere already I apologize, I'm checking the FAQ and this topic in print preview for every one.

Page 121: Says Code Slinger instead of Codeslinger.

Page 272 of the PDF is titled "A Little Shadow Music" but the book mark is labled "A Little Shadow Magic". So Music was mistyped as Magic in the book mark.

p. 92: 1st Paragraph, 4th sentence "Because his character is combat-orientated, Rob chooses buy Automatics 5..."
Should read: "Because his character is combat-orientated, Rob chooses to buy Automatics 5..."

pg. 211, first column, 4th paragrath, the character is called by the callsign Badger Three, when in the very next column the character chimes in as Badge Four. Bit of a nitpick but eh.

Using Swimming on page 137. "Swimming is a Complex Action." then second sentence later: "You can take a Simple Action to “sprint” with a Swimming + Strength [Physical] Test, adding 1 meter per hit, or 2 meters per hit if you’re an elf or a troll."
So a normal swim move is a complex action and a "sprint" swim move is a simple action? They are probably reversed but the rules as written cannot be correct. unless I have missed something.

The quality "Quick Healer" is worded in such a way that it can be interpreted it gives you additional dice when healing others. This does not sound intended so a clarification is in order.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #122 on: <08-05-13/0324:43> »
Page 299: "A watcher’s skills are equal to half the Force of the ritual (rounded up)" should read homonculus, not watcher.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Psikerlord

• Omae
« Reply #123 on: <08-05-13/2026:44> »
I dont suppose this is errata exactly... but in the table where you allocate points to magic/resonance, for bonus resonance skills, it should also probably say "resonance or software skills". Why? because a techno's complex forms all work off the Software skill, which is akin to the Magician's spellcasting skill. At the moment the only thing a Techno can spend his Resonance priorty bonus skill points on is registering, deregistering or compiling, which are all about sprites. We ought to be able to put the bonus points into software too, which is all about complex forms.

Orci

• Newb
« Reply #124 on: <08-06-13/0309:59> »
Baby Monitort should be clarified, that it only tracks overwatch score accumulation while it is running. Otherwise there would be no reason to ever take the check OS simple action. You could always do 2 free action to load babymonitor check it and unload it (without any risk).

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <08-06-13/0317:32> »
Baby Monitort should be clarified, that it only tracks overwatch score accumulation while it is running. Otherwise there would be no reason to ever take the check OS simple action. You could always do 2 free action to load babymonitor check it and unload it (without any risk).

Other than if you don't have baby monitor, like if you're a technomancer.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

David Chart

• Newb
« Reply #126 on: <08-06-13/0613:31> »
I think there are errata in Addiction Tests on page 414, but the text is difficult to follow, so it may just need clarifying.

I think that the intended rule is as follows. If you take a drug at least once in each of (11-Addiction Rating) consecutive weeks, you must make an Addiction Test. If that is right, then Kamikaze should either have an Addiction Rating of 10, or should not be given as an example of something that could get you hooked with a single dose, because at the moment you need at least two doses, in consecutive weeks.

However, if this is right, I am not at all sure what "The clock on this keeps ticking even if you skip a week" means. If you skip a week, you have not used the drug in more than one consecutive week, so you don't have to make any tests at all.

The source of the problem is that "Every time you use an addictive substance during (11 - Addiction Rating) weeks in a row" does not make sense. The above is just my best guess at what it is trying to say.

As a separate issue, the Magic chapter says that Focus Addiction is not a problem unless the total Force of active Foci exceeds your Magic Rating, but the Addiction rules do not reflect that.
David Chart
Waiting for Ryumyo
http://www.davidchart.com/

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #127 on: <08-06-13/0714:04> »
I think there are errata in Addiction Tests on page 414, but the text is difficult to follow, so it may just need clarifying.

I think that the intended rule is as follows. If you take a drug at least once in each of (11-Addiction Rating) consecutive weeks, you must make an Addiction Test. If that is right, then Kamikaze should either have an Addiction Rating of 10, or should not be given as an example of something that could get you hooked with a single dose, because at the moment you need at least two doses, in consecutive weeks.

However, if this is right, I am not at all sure what "The clock on this keeps ticking even if you skip a week" means. If you skip a week, you have not used the drug in more than one consecutive week, so you don't have to make any tests at all.

The source of the problem is that "Every time you use an addictive substance during (11 - Addiction Rating) weeks in a row" does not make sense. The above is just my best guess at what it is trying to say.

As a separate issue, the Magic chapter says that Focus Addiction is not a problem unless the total Force of active Foci exceeds your Magic Rating, but the Addiction rules do not reflect that.
I already stated my interpretation in a different topic. As the rules state, even if you don't use the drug at all during a week, it still counts for the timer (traces are still in your system, or there's aftereffects, or something), although the Threshold will decrease by 1 - it isn't until the Threshold hits 0 that you're in the clear. In the case of Kamikaze, if you use it during week 1, and then don't use it during week 2, the Threshold will still be 2 at the end of week 2, which is when you make the Addiction Test.

As for Focus Addiction, the two segments seem compatible: if you use too many foci at the same time (the total Force exceeds your Magic), the GM's allowed to make the timer start ticking, with the total Force as Addiction Rating. This means that with 6 Magic, at 7 total Force you'd face an Addiction Rating of 7, so unless you stayed in the green 2 weeks in a row, you'd need to make a test at the end of week 4.
The most confusing bit about Focus Addiction is that the Addiction Rating can possibly go to 11+, which would mean it takes 0 weeks in a row to require a test. I assume it's 1 week in that case, but still.

David Chart

• Newb
« Reply #128 on: <08-06-13/0739:15> »
I already stated my interpretation in a different topic.

That looks very plausible. The text needs a complete rewrite, and a couple of examples, but possibly not actual errata.

As for Focus Addiction, the two segments seem compatible: if you use too many foci at the same time (the total Force exceeds your Magic), the GM's allowed to make the timer start ticking, with the total Force as Addiction Rating. This means that with 6 Magic, at 7 total Force you'd face an Addiction Rating of 7, so unless you stayed in the green 2 weeks in a row, you'd need to make a test at the end of week 4.
The most confusing bit about Focus Addiction is that the Addiction Rating can possibly go to 11+, which would mean it takes 0 weeks in a row to require a test. I assume it's 1 week in that case, but still.

For Initiates, the Addiction Rating can go to 11+ while still being under Magic, and thus officially harmless.

I think this, at least, requires errata; the rest may just need clarifying.
David Chart
Waiting for Ryumyo
http://www.davidchart.com/

Accipiter

« Reply #129 on: <08-06-13/0953:31> »
Not sure if this has been addressed...

There seems to be an inconsistency between the climbing table on pg 134 and the Rappelling rules. 

The table states that 'Assisted climbing down (rapelling)' is a flat 2 meters.  The descriptor in the paragraph reads "Rapelling is a simple action, during which you fall at a rate of 20 meters per Combat Turn" (emphasis mine), then goes on tn mention gaining an extra 1 meter per net hit.

Accipiter

« Reply #130 on: <08-06-13/1002:08> »
Also, while this may be nitpicking,  the first line under the next section (Climbing Failures and Glitches), it begins "A test while climbing or rappeling..."

I think thst might need a little more clarification where it says "A test".  Is this representing ANY test made while climbing (i.e. combat tests), or is this implying any failed climbing test?

BlackJaw

• Newb
« Reply #131 on: <08-06-13/1312:41> »
I think this is a typo:

The Wireless section for the Smartgun system on page 433 says (emphasis minie) "A wireless smartlink provides a dice pool bonus to all attacks with the weapon: +1 if you’re using gear with a smartlink or +2 if you’re using an augmentation for which you paid Essence." I think that first listing should be Smartgun not smartlink, especially considering working a smartlink with a smartlink doesn't make a much sense as working a smartgun with a smartlink, and the whole listing is under Smartgun not smartlink.

thinklibertarian

• Chummer
« Reply #132 on: <08-06-13/1529:47> »
On page 159, the initiative chart says base dice for astral initiative is 2D6.

On page 314, tha Astral Attributes table says Initiative Dice +2D6 (3D6 total).

Which is correct?

P.S. I did a search for "astral initiative" in the book and found:
Page 100, "For details see Astral Initiative (p. 229) or Matrix Initiative (p. 313)."  Both page references are wrong.
Page 101, The Final Calculations table lists it as +2D6
Page 110, sample character "Silver" has +2D6
Page 115, street shaman archetype has +3D6
Page 116, combat Mage archetype does not list astral initiative at all (typo?)
Page 298, the watcher and the homunculus have +1D6 (I assume that is because they are rather weak)
Page 303 and 304, the spirits all have +3D6
Page 382, the wagemage lieutenant has +3D6

Thanks
« Last Edit: <08-07-13/1500:34> by thinklibertarian »

Picesxiii

• Newb
« Reply #133 on: <08-07-13/0302:10> »
Initiation says you use arcana Page 325 but for most adepts it doesn't make sense as arcana is all about formula and adepts have little use for formula. You can't default on arcana so you couldn't even attempt to Initiate, without the Arcana skill. Right? Should adepts use some other skill for Initiation?

Also Arcana is a Logic skill so why is Initiation Intuition based? For Adepts this is fine Int is important but for a mage Logic + Arcana would make the most sense writing a Thesis. And for a shaman none of the above works to well in my mind. Should Initiation be more like a Drain resistances test that changes for each tradition?

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #134 on: <08-07-13/0517:53> »
Initiation says you use arcana Page 325 but for most adepts it doesn't make sense as arcana is all about formula and adepts have little use for formula.

You mean other than for creating Weapon and Qi Foci up to the maximum that they can have bonded?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites