NEWS

Largest Target question

• 6 Replies

EdgeDS

• Newb
« on: <11-20-14/2051:57> »
Hi folks.  Just wanted to make sure that I'm playing this Crossfire Event card correctly.  The relevant text is "At the start of each turn, if any runner has more HP than the others, that runner takes 1 damage."  I interpreted that as "Anyone except for the runner with the lowest HP takes 1 damage."  I'll use the game I just finished as an example.

Runner order: Troll Face, Dwarf Street Samurai, Ork Mage, Elf Decker.  No upgrades, so the HP was 7 / 5 / 6 / 4.

Turn 1: Troll, Dwarf, and Ork take damage from the Event.  6 / 4 / 5 / 4.  Troll is hit for 1 in combat to take it to 5 / 4 / 5 / 4.
Turn 2: Troll and Ork take damage from the Event.  4 / 4 / 4 / 4.  Dwarf is hit for 2 in combat to take it to 4 / 2 / 4 / 4.
Turn 3: Troll, Ork, and Elf take damage from the Event.  3 / 2 / 3 / 3.  Ork is hit for 2 in combat to take it to 3 / 2 / 1 / 3.
Turn 4: Troll, Dwarf, and Elf take damage from the Event.  2 / 1 / 1 / 2.

Was that played correctly?  I was quite prepared to just play for the abort after that, but the next Crossfire Event card was Top Shelf which gave back half of all the HP I'd lost (rounded up!) and I finished the scene before the end of that round, so didn't take any damage from that event card going to the discard.  Ultimately ended up with my third win, which made me quite happy.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1 on: <11-20-14/2145:31> »
I think it isn't that mean. I would play as the runner with the highest HP takes damage, being Crossfire both on ties.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <11-20-14/2158:37> »
as soon as there is a tie for the highest HP then no damage

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #3 on: <11-20-14/2202:35> »
Oh yeah, that's true
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #4 on: <11-21-14/0020:02> »
Indeed, only one runner is damaged each turn (if no ties).

And congrats for your victory!

EdgeDS

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <11-21-14/0951:46> »
That certainly is a lot nicer to the players, thanks folks! 

If the text on cards is changed in later printings, I'd suggest updating this one to something like "At the start of each turn, the runner with the most HP takes 1 damage.  (On ties, no damage is dealt by this event.)" to be both clearer and structured more like other cards e.g. Guy in the Van, hard obstacle #64.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #6 on: <11-21-14/1806:46> »
That certainly is a lot nicer to the players, thanks folks! 

If the text on cards is changed in later printings, I'd suggest updating this one to something like "At the start of each turn, the runner with the most HP takes 1 damage.  (On ties, no damage is dealt by this event.)" to be both clearer and structured more like other cards e.g. Guy in the Van, hard obstacle #64.

This is a good suggestion.