NEWS

[5e IC] Storm Force Whisper [2076 Game Thread]

• 295 Replies

adamu

« Reply #30 on: <02-15-17/1001:56> »
Al's faceless obsidian humanoid did its best to snort. "Silky baby, lemme jist tell ya what ol' Al can't pilot... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...Flyin' saucers. Ain't never flown no UFO afore."

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <02-17-17/0019:02> »
Deckard's personna lifted an eyebrow.
I've heard stories that what you pilot tend to quickly become unidentified objects though...
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

adamu

« Reply #32 on: <02-17-17/0532:29> »
"Well I do recommend conscientious use o' seatbelts an' other approved safety devices fer all my passengers. Ain't lost none yet. No guarantees on the state o' the conveyance once the job's done."

The featureless figure shook a bit in what might have been a simulated chuckle.

"Not ta worry, though. We gon' be onna water this time, baby. Or under it. What could go wrong?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <02-17-17/0618:42> »
Isaint's monk nodded: "I see, so this is more a kind of "use the intel before it gets stale" situation instead of a chase. In that case: Time to get a tourist visum and a hunting licence.
For our travel there I'd suggest everyone of us uses their own modes of transportation instead of a group thing. We don't want to give the system a chance to build a profile of our group where international information sharing actually is a thing.

Also, airlines tend to get interested if too many awakened people board a plane."

Turning to the friendly banter between Al and Rick:
"What could go wrong? I'd say the boat either sinking or the sub failing to submerge. That said, I can't help but wonder if this isn't again crossing paths with a dragon - a water dragon that is - or crossing Proteus interests.

In any case, this will need some thorough matrix research to prevent us walking headlong into disaster." 
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #34 on: <02-17-17/0815:56> »
"Proteus? You guessin' or you known', jefe? Them fellers gen'rally treated ol' Al all right. Silky, this joint a Proteus block?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <02-17-17/0958:54> »
Robyn smiles and her battle-armored avatar mirrors her. "Already started the searches.  Do you have anything specific you want me to look into and I can prioritize my searches."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <02-17-17/1124:48> »
"Nah, no specific reason. You say underwater, I hear Proteus. Their tech is cutting edge in that regard."
To Robyn he said:
"Since my agents aren't allowed here I had them start as well, but yes, all you can find about the local organized crime. I need to get my APDS from somewhere local."

talk think matrix

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <02-17-17/1646:56> »
I'll make a jump to Seattle. That's were I'm from, and still got an decent enough ID linked to it. Could be just a family visit or return home sort of thing.
What's the status on travelling to Tonga? I'm not too current on geopolitics. A Travel Visa shouldn't be too hard to get if we go at it the legal ways, but that also means being recorded as going there...
We could all meet back in Seattle and find transportation from there all together.
Oh and could somebody refresh me on Proteus?

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <02-17-17/1712:54> »
"German AA corp, main seat on Helgoland, specializes in bio technology, marine development, deep sea exploration and exploitation as well as space research. They've got aquacologies in the north sea, Japanese sea, as well as on the coasts of North and South America. Domestic rival and enemy of S-K.
Word on the street is that they don't hesitate to do everything they can to get research results, no matter how un-ethical.

And yeah, without a visum smuggling will be the only option - but I guess burning one SIN for travel is the easiest way to do it. But then, I've got a malleable face, so it isn't that much of a problem."

Isaint replied.
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <02-18-17/1347:24> »
Robyn gives a small laugh. "Proteus?  Bloody hell, I actually have a friend on the board of directors.  I might be able to do a soft probe to see if he can tell me anything about this specific aquacology.  He might be very interested in getting some information on it if it is not one of theirs.  Might make a payday out of the entire experience.  Do you want me to include him in my search for information?  I will also see about smuggling some APDS to the island through some of my more unsavory contacts.  Let me know the specific weapons and calibres and I will see what I can do."

"Beyond that, my getting to the island is no trouble."  She looks at Al then back to the others.  "It has been far too long since my last holiday and I have never been to Tonga, although I have always wanted to go there.  I can check it off the bucket list.  When are we looking to go?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <02-22-17/1625:55> »
"Hold up a second. After rethinking the situation a bit, we could all fly together - provided we use a private plane. Because it just occurred to me that we might have to leave the island in a hurry while the corp tries to lock down all outgoing flights.
I'm thinking long distance turbo-prop plane - possibly amphibious, so we don't have to bother actually with an airport. We could collect Silk en route and come and go at our leisure.

We'd just need to find someone who is willing to lend us such an aircraft...
Isaint interjected.

"Hell, if we pool our resources, we could just buy one of them babies - I know a guy where I can get'em cheap - just need a bit of fixin'"
Al added

"Actually that's a great idea. That gives us maximum flexibility and solves the gear issue nicely - although I probably will have to gear down regardless in such a corporate controlled environment." Isaint replied
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #41 on: <02-22-17/1639:25> »
Once Al sees a nod from Alyce he figures they can swing the price even if the others are less enthusiastic. "Settled then. Once vacation's over I'll be happy ta buy yer stakes if ya want - always wanted a plane. Guy I know's in Seattle, an' his stock's there too. Reckon I'll fly commercial, meet y'all there. Leave the rest o' this powwow ta those who care, check outta this vomit-fest now, git all this started. Y'all know how ta reach me ya need ta coordinate anythin' else."

And with that, the obsidian humanoid that could scratch its ass winked out of existence just as an alarmingly accurate bit of flak vaporized the section of fuselage just where he'd been sitting.

He awoke just as he'd gone out, naked on plastic on the floor of his shop, the only differences being the nightmarish dizziness, the excruciating knots in his gut, the rancid taste in his mouth, the burning in his throat, and his dog Spike lapping at the pool of vomit he was lying in.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <02-28-17/0823:45> »
[Thursday September 10th, 2076; Citadel Game, Matrix Host: SEAѤ67-∑2]

Silk smiled at Al’s abrupt disappearance, despite the years she had known him now his actions still amused her, although she was well aware that it would annoy the hell out of other prospective employers…she was just as glad that the runs she’d set up for him in the past had been for her or her fellow conspirators…she pitied his regular fixer, whoever that was.

“Ok, it looks like you have transport in hand.  Send me a list of any gear you want me to organise in Tonga or anything else you need to get in touch on.  For now feel free to enjoy the game or get on with whatever preparations you need for heading to sunnier climes”

And with a salute to Captain Krait her persona deressed from the game…

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <02-28-17/1336:42> »
Isaint just nodded to his chummers and said: "I'll be off then, lot's of things to organize and ship to Seattle, not to mention getting a tutor soft for a quick piloting session for sea and air. Give me a call when you go to Seattle so we can meet up. "
Isaint's Monk vanished in a glaring white light.
After a quick reboot Isaint gave his fence a call: <<Hi MacDuff, a job's come up outside Europe. I need a reliable contact for guns and ammo in Seattle. Much obliged, usual finders fee.>>

That done, he prepared another batch of herbal tea, while renewing the salve.That was followed by checking his licences and making sure they were all up and current to import his essentials to Seattle.

talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #44 on: <02-28-17/1553:54> »
Spike was pretty self-sufficient out there in the high riverbank grasses, but Al cracked another 20-kilo bag of chow for him anyway.

He threw some personal things into a plastic garbage bag and loaded it along with his Remingtons in a single carrying case into the Aguilar. He made reservations for a first-class, round-trip to Sea-Tac on the way - he'd learned from watching the trid that buying tickets at the airport aroused suspicion. He used Gatwick for the same reason. Silk had offered to pay air fares, but Al wanted to fly first class, but hadn't wanted to take advantage. He mentally worked out what five-thousand-one-hundred-thirty-seven nuyen was divided two-hundred-sixty-two minutes, the scheduled flight time.

His ID's were solid, and the guns raised fewer eyebrows not only because of his security license and the weapons' individual registrations, but also because he was obviously a Yank, complete with UCAS SIN.

He was in the First Class lounge drinking beer less than three hours after dumping himself from that accursed game host - they had all decided to travel separately, and he was in a hurry, wanting to get to Seattle quickly to do his own safety checks on whatever they bought.

Relaxing in a huge leather chair while waiting to board the semi-ballistic, he started a conversation with his guy in Seattle about buying a plane.