Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Gamemasters' Lounge / Re: SnS Rocket?
« Last post by Mirikon on Today at 00:40:46 »
For SR 5 conformity you could use gas grenades as payload for the rocket, add Intruder Nanotech as payload to the grenade. As soon as the rocket explodes, the air is filled with nanites who start to data spike all available devices.

As a GM the idea of combining grenades, toxins, nanotech, and wonky matrix rules (every nanobot is its own persona) like that terrifies me.  It's like you took every kind of awkward rule set and combined them into one nightmare to handle weapon.
Nah. Needs to include some way to make the devices suitable vessels for insect spirits, first.
Character creation and critique / Re: Dryad Decker
« Last post by Stainless Steel Devil Rat on (23:38:32/02-24-18) »
I just find it hard to run an Edge 1 decker. Decker rolls are difficult,  and they often require cumulative rolls. It's a pain to get the 4 good rolls you need and then mess up the 5th.... with alarms blaring, your presence known, and then no real ability to risk trying again.

Good advice. My Decker has 5 EDG and even that feels barely enough.  Decking mid-combat so often involves going for more than one mark at a time.  Real edge eater.  That's why I'd suggest "Go Big or Go Home".  Makes going for all 3 at once far less painful and less EDG dependent.
Character creation and critique / Re: Dryad Decker
« Last post by FST_Gemstar on (23:25:41/02-24-18) »
I just find it hard to run an Edge 1 decker. Decker rolls are difficult,  and they often require cumulative rolls. It's a pain to get the 4 good rolls you need and then mess up the 5th.... with alarms blaring, your presence known, and then no real ability to risk trying again. 
I've thought the flat 8 karma per Force for an ally spirit was just fine, considering all of its skills are equal to its Force.  The upgrade cost, however, I never felt was justified in being doubled or increased in any way, shape, or form.  If Invoking was worth it this edition, I'd suggest using that to improve your ally spirit.

As for Animal Attunement, I've never messed with it as it's seemed completely underwhelming to me in the past.  Qi Marking may change that.

Attuned Item was good in the previous edition.  Now it's a complete waste.  I wouldn't bother with it other than deciding that it no longer exists or using the benefit given in the previous edition.
Rules and such / Re: Exploding throwing knives
« Last post by Marcus on (21:27:12/02-24-18) »
imo, It was inevitable sense the first time we had the discussion a little after 5th came out. I'm just happy SS was agreeable, can you  imagine Auto-pistols?

The upside of it, remains it's expensive, so anyone who gets double tapped by spellbullets had that sh*t coming. Ok but in all seriousness, there remains plenty of room for error in the process. Including early detonation, and we have had half fifth to get used to it from magic arrows.

Also i feel like the warhawk's and LaMatt's wasn't getting enough table time.
« Last post by Marcus on (20:17:48/02-24-18) »
At least it didn't have SAB in it.
Looking for Games / Buffalo
« Last post by bacon_dragon on (20:06:45/02-24-18) »
Anyone play SR in Buffalo?  I really want to play, but can't seem to find anyone in Buffalo.
« Last post by Jack_Spade on (19:21:39/02-24-18) »
What can I say, it's a gift  :o ;)
« Last post by firebug on (18:58:20/02-24-18) »
For SR 5 conformity you could use gas grenades as payload for the rocket, add Intruder Nanotech as payload to the grenade. As soon as the rocket explodes, the air is filled with nanites who start to data spike all available devices.

As a GM the idea of combining grenades, toxins, nanotech, and wonky matrix rules (every nanobot is its own persona) like that terrifies me.  It's like you took every kind of awkward rule set and combined them into one nightmare to handle weapon.
Wouldn't it be Easier just to house rule a limiter on ally spirits force values? Say Magic -1 or Magic -2? Or if you don't like that and want to make sure your mage is spending karma on the character link it to initiation count, say force no greater then the character's initiation count?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10