NEWS

Sprawl Gangers

• 221 Replies

Kingbrendarr

• Newb
« Reply #60 on: <02-05-13/0630:17> »
I think making them customisable will be a big part of these minis.  If the idea is to run campaigns where your gang grows etc, you will have 'characters' who will change... and change gear etc.

The duels figures had room for that. I'm not sure how a smaller product could handle it out-of-the-box though. Magnets maybe? Kung Fu grip?

Most people who are making minis that they want to change out weapons, etc, use rare earth magnets. Since these minis are coming from CMON, I would expect that they will be made the same way as other CMON minis. Anyone know if CMON does plastic, Resin, plastic-resin, or metal? I know that their shop is not all just their stuff, so I am not sure.

They use all three to great effect. The needs of the game and the cost of the models dictate what is used. If I had to guess based on the scale they are going to use I would say it's likely going to be resin.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <02-05-13/1033:18> »
Hey! How many folks here got the e-mail yesterday?
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <02-05-13/1046:49> »
Not me!

Aw.

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #63 on: <02-05-13/1132:28> »
I got in. I'm proud.
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <02-05-13/2311:58> »

Of course, if that is the "You have been selected to playtest" e-mail....what makes people think anyone who
got in would admit it? I would assume it would be like the MWO Beta: cannot admit you are even in it. Even
if it explicitly gave them permission to admit they were playtesters, I would still think it would be a bad idea,
as I am sure people would hound them trying to get any information, and no-one wants that when something
should still be in flux. I mean, from twitter, Randall is completely changing the initiative system at this very moment.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #65 on: <02-05-13/2315:05> »

Of course, if that is the "You have been selected to playtest" e-mail....what makes people think anyone who
got in would admit it? I would assume it would be like the MWO Beta: cannot admit you are even in it. Even
if it explicitly gave them permission to admit they were playtesters, I would still think it would be a bad idea,
as I am sure people would hound them trying to get any information, and no-one wants that when something
should still be in flux. I mean, from twitter, Randall is completely changing the initiative system at this very moment.

Could explain why this thread has begun so quiet.... *tumble weed rolls on by...*  Almost toooo quiet!
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <02-06-13/0109:57> »
Fixing the lack of line breaks.

...what makes people think anyone who got in would admit it?...

Page 3.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <02-06-13/0652:14> »
Got accepted...very pleased.  Unfortunately, won't be able to say much more than that.  ;)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #68 on: <02-06-13/1043:16> »
Well, I for one am disappointed by their decision to use Barbie-scale figures.  I mean, sure, it means we can use Barbie Dream Houses and Barbie Corvettes for terrain, and it would look really cool set up at a convention...  But I think they misread fans' complaints about the scale of Wizkids' Shadowrun Duels and went the wrong way with it!

;)

Bull

P.S. I still want 3 3/4", GI Joe style action figures for Shadowrun.

Helping Bear

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <02-06-13/1123:47> »
This should be a really cool game. I love playing miniature games, as well as painting and collecting your army. Hopefully I can have an army of the Red Hot Nukes go gang, bunch of dwarves swarming the enemy on motorbikes with baseball caps, and baseball bats. Too many good gangs to pick from though.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #70 on: <02-06-13/1128:42> »
Well, I for one am disappointed by their decision to use Barbie-scale figures.  I mean, sure, it means we can use Barbie Dream Houses and Barbie Corvettes for terrain, and it would look really cool set up at a convention...  But I think they misread fans' complaints about the scale of Wizkids' Shadowrun Duels and went the wrong way with it!

;)

Bull

P.S. I still want 3 3/4", GI Joe style action figures for Shadowrun.

Not like you would be giving any accurate info, Bull..we cannot trust anything we see someone posting, because, frankly, this *IS* Shadowrun. Who could we ever trust, right?

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <02-06-13/1141:20> »
My P.S. was completely accurate.  Should I ever win the lottery, I will have an entire line of custom 3 3/4" Shadowrun figures created.  I collect GI Joe stuff anyway, and nothing would fill me with more joy than to have a Kane action figure sitting in a Rattler doing strafing runs on Clockwork driving an AWE Striker.

Hell, I already got my Cobra Vipers into Shadowrun.  Have you SEEN the new Knight Errant armor? ;)

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <02-06-13/1204:07> »
Hell, I already got my Cobra Vipers into Shadowrun.  Have you SEEN the new Knight Errant armor? ;)

Which book is that in? I do not remember seeing it....

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #73 on: <02-06-13/1956:51> »
Which book is that in? I do not remember seeing it....
Shadowrun Missions 04-07:  Burn and on from there.

I helped.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #74 on: <02-06-13/2101:30> »
Cover of SRM 04-11 Election Day:

:)