« Reply #15 on: <05-21-12/1210:14> »
Thanks Blue!

I tried to give the postman a kiss but he was too fast  :P

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <05-21-12/1300:25> »
Thanks Blue!

I tried to give the postman a kiss but he was too fast  :P
that should hold you over tell you get the good one from hero lab.

Dirtywork

• Newb
  • Rep="yaaawwwwnnnnn"
« Reply #17 on: <05-27-12/2041:14> »
Another noobish question...

Here's the situation.....

We were working on building characters today and one of our guys wanted to get a pair of custom synthetic lower cyberarms. The book says the arms come with Body 3, Agility 3, and Strength 3. Do those values add to or replace what the player already has?

So if the player has a Body 5, Agility 5, and Strength 5, will the cyber arms actually drop the players ratings down to 3?

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #18 on: <05-27-12/2046:34> »
for tests that you involve the hands like shooting a gun yes, but you can customize your cyberlimb for higher stats.
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

Falconer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <05-27-12/2205:33> »
The rules are covered in the cyberlimb section of SR4a on p343.

Up front here's another link which answers a few other questions about cyber... 
http://www.shadowrun4.com/game-resources/frequently-asked-questions/

The current version of the FAQ is quite good at clarifying and not trying to act as errata.  (It only directly contradicts the rules as written (RAW) in two places.  One regarding splitting dice pools where it tries to create pre-split modifiers and post-split modifiers, and the other regarding how mystic adepts calculate their magic rating (you use their full magic value, not the individual split quantities).

For tests involving ONLY the cybernetic replacement they use the cyberarm stats.....   (so for example... you could build a decker with low agility.... bolt on a FULL cyberarm with agility/body/str upgrades... and even some further enhancement in capacity.  So long as he fires a 1 handed weapon like a heavy pistol he would only need use the cyberarms superior stats... if he used a two handed assault rifle (or a two handed grip on a SMG for extra recoil comp).. he'd need to average the cyberarm and his natural value on the other arm.

So effectively for getting a half-arm.  The character receives...
1. 1 extra box of physical damage.
2. a melee physical attack weapon which does physical instead of stun damage (effectively the cyberarm is brass knuckles).
3. gains 10 capacity in which to install further components.  (these are supposed to be the same grade as the limb itself... but I've seen a lot of GM's fudge this).
4. Adds 0.45 to the cyber essence loss count.   (remember to track bio and cyber tallies seperately... the essence score is 6 minus the larger... then minus HALF the smaller).
5. a wierdness in the rules where he'd normally use his bodies stats for most tests... excepting those directly involving the partial cyberlimb (EG: crashing a cup in his cyberhand... would involve only the partial cyberlimbs stats).
5a. my experience here is that GMs allow a full cyberarm to replace stats, but partial limbs not so much... IE: stuffing on a partial limb or only a hand for an agility enhancement when firing pistols.  (firing the pistol is sitll a full arm test.).  Again invokiing the above cup crushing.... crushing the cup in a cyberhand is one thing... claiming the cyberhand allows the characters arms to lift far more than they normally could quite another.  Use your best discretion as a GM here.

Mantis

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <06-01-12/0300:48> »
Dirtywork, if you want a free character generator look up Chummer. Way better than the other one posted. Regular updates and it includes all the rule books out to date. Here is the forum on Dumpshock for it .
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=34674
Also welcome back to the game. I went through what you are going through about 3 years ago. New rules and the old stuff just kept creeping in.