NEWS

Leonardo - Memory joggers please!

• 32 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« on: <05-01-12/1231:06> »
Other than the information in Black Madonna is there anything else in canon on the immortal elf Leonardo?  I know he was responsible for the sudden burst in Renraku’s advances (and if I’m getting my timeline right) which led onto them creating Deus.  He had an 'optical' cyberdeck that could easily beat corp IC of the time.

Any info welcome…I’m sure there’s another mention of him somewhere but I can’t think where I’ve seen it.  Does he go by another name too???  Anyone recall what his servant was called?

I might be misremembering but did Lofwyr chastise him at some point for interfering in the status quo?  That could have been someone else entirely of course…!

Thanks
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-01-12/1426:03> »
Leonardo also appears in the last chapter of Technobabel, where he encounters Lofwyr (retconning the elve as only a Leonardo da Vinci admirer and poser). Blood in the Boardroom, in "Neck and Neck", also what he does in the period between the end of Black Madonna and the end of Technobabel.

"Leonardo"'s Matrix alias is Brightlight. And the servant's name is Salai.

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #2 on: <05-01-12/1451:41> »
He is mentioned by the people Dunkie brought together to read Aztlan several times.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3 on: <05-01-12/1952:23> »
He's also mentioned in one of the Arcology adventure notes somewhere-or-another; the Arcology room mentioned in Dunkelzahn's will is actually a virtual one, a monitoring station for the SCIRE matrix to watch for a developing AI.  Renraku itself is/was unaware of its existence, because their pet IE (Leonardo the twit) built it for himself.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #4 on: <05-02-12/2022:13> »
I have a couple pet theories about Leo, the big one is that he was supposed to be Quicksilver from Project Imago but some wires got crossed somewhere and he either wasn't supposed to be dead in the adventure or the author of the novel didn't realize Quicksilver was dead.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #5 on: <05-02-12/2036:06> »
Or it wouldn't be the first time that someone who was thought to be dead turned out not to be. Remember, there are different levels of 'dead'.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #6 on: <05-02-12/2053:10> »
Or it wouldn't be the first time that someone who was thought to be dead turned out not to be. Remember, there are different levels of 'dead'.
I'm trying to remember how many levels of "Dead" my old group had...

I mean, hell, they completely nuked (literally!) one guy who came back.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <05-02-12/2332:26> »
I have a couple pet theories about Leo, the big one is that he was supposed to be Quicksilver from Project Imago but some wires got crossed somewhere and he either wasn't supposed to be dead in the adventure or the author of the novel didn't realize Quicksilver was dead.
You mean the adventure "Imago", the absolute worst 'players-don't-matter' piece of crap railroading adventure it has ever been my distasteful task to read through.  Sargent should never have been allowed to put pen to paper for Shadowrun -- same with Marc Gascoigne, and putting them together on products was kind of like saying "Oh, sorry, we thought we had a product we WANTED to sell."

I'd apologize, but I'm really, really not sorry.  The worst crap that has ever been published for Shadowrun, bar none, was written by one, the other, or both of them.
Pananagutan & End/Line

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <05-03-12/0020:52> »
There's an adventure worse than Burn?

I don't feel so bad now.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <05-03-12/0050:01> »
Not just one.

And sourcebooks.  "Oh, the players can't understand it.  You can let them try if you want, but nobody can, 'cause he wuz a JENYUS!!!!11lolz!!oneone!!!"

I've read Gascoigne's stuff otherwhere, and it's okay, so I guess I have to place the blame on Sargent for the rampaging juggernaut of disastermonster that are their products ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <05-03-12/0116:16> »
Not just one.

Now I'm blanking. What else did he.they do?

(Imago being the single adventure I couldn't enjoy, mind you.)

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #11 on: <05-03-12/2154:11> »
They wrote some novels, the Serrin ones iirc. Can't remember off the top of my head what else they did.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <05-04-12/0226:24> »
i think they did the london sb iirc
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <05-04-12/0332:42> »
Together:
Novels: Streets of Blood, Nosferatu, and Black Madonna.
Sourcebooks: London, Tir na nOg, Prime Runners
Adventures: Celtic Double Cross

Alone:
Sargent: Imago

IIRC, Black Madonna is the first introduction of Leonardo; I may be wrong.  I suspect that Sargent is to blame for most of the crap, but that's just me.
Pananagutan & End/Line

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #14 on: <05-04-12/0406:45> »
Streets of Blood was good.  Nosferatu was a bit harder to swallow, especially a bunch of high-end 'runners taking on an African feral child of sorts.

But I guess Serrin needed to have a reason to go batdrek insane after Crash 2.0, eh?  ;D

Black Madonna...  Yeah, not so much.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11