NEWS

D&D Online Ebberon Unlimited

• 29 Replies

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <09-16-10/2252:07> »
If it wasn't for the fact that this is going to be an expensive week, I'd just buckle down and buy the unlock for drow and the higher point build. I have a bit of a drow addiction. XD They're like crack, but much cooler looking.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #16 on: <09-17-10/1054:16> »
For you It's Drow for me Half Dragons!
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <09-17-10/1136:00> »
I've played it a bit.  Some of the stuff you have to pay for to get is pretty nice (like the extra dungeons) so I've spent some cash on them in the past to get the adventure packs to level with (and the Monk class).  I don't pay for any of the stuff, anymore, but you can accumulate points to get some items on their marketplace without paying actual cash money.  It takes a looong time, though.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Hand Amputation

• Newb
  • GUNK!
« Reply #18 on: <09-17-10/1207:18> »
Yea, I don't plan on paying for anything. Well, maybe.. I dunno. I like the fact that there's no monthly fee for the casual MMOist like myself.

Fun to pick up, and I won't feel bad if I don't log in for stretches.

burntheartist

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <09-17-10/1229:17> »
Lot of good 'what to buy' guides out there based on xp earned, gear obtained, and quality of the content. I've not bought anything for DDO yet either, but some of my friends are pretty far along and I figured if I liked it I'd save a bit more than paying a monthly fee.

You don't saved much, but being able to access it at the speed and time you want to access it is a nice option.

Breaking all of the pots has killed me tho'. Also the actionRPG feel is nice, but the same animations got stale for me pretty quickly.

Hand Amputation

• Newb
  • GUNK!
« Reply #20 on: <09-21-10/1929:25> »
Well, turns out that I have my old copies of Guild Wars and GW: Factions after all. I bought them and never really played them.

Which should I go with ? DDO or GW? I have a measly level 2 in DDO. But I've heard GW is better.

Anyone care to throw in their 2 cents?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #21 on: <09-21-10/2244:15> »
Wait for Star Wars: The Old Republic. ;D

burntheartist

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <09-21-10/2357:35> »
Well, turns out that I have my old copies of Guild Wars and GW: Factions after all. I bought them and never really played them.

Which should I go with ? DDO or GW? I have a measly level 2 in DDO. But I've heard GW is better.

Anyone care to throw in their 2 cents?

Guild Wars has more content. But DDO plays a bit fresher. Why not piddle with both since they're free? LoL

Hand Amputation

• Newb
  • GUNK!
« Reply #23 on: <09-22-10/1241:25> »
Guild Wars has more content. But DDO plays a bit fresher. Why not piddle with both since they're free? LoL

Good point. Limited time, I guess.

Qemuel

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <09-23-10/0242:38> »
Wait for Star Wars: The Old Republic. ;D

Oooh!  My friends and I are just drooling over that one.  We've been trying to keep ourselves satiated through WoW, but it's getting old (again) for me.  Besides, I've been really getting into SR4A, so WoW has certainly taken a back seat for now.

I'm really interested in SWTOR, though.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-23-10/1622:18> »
Here's to hoping it's better than Galaxies.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #26 on: <09-24-10/0415:48> »
I should reinstall this.  We even had a really small guild going called "Runners of the Shadows" :)

Qemuel

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <09-24-10/1615:00> »
Here's to hoping it's better than Galaxies.

I have very high expectations from Bioware.  They've made the majority of my favorite RPGs.  (from Baldur's Gate through Knights of the Old Republic, to Jade Empire, and Mass Effect.  Still playing Dragon Age, but really like the character interaction so far).

If anyone can put good story into an MMO, I would think Bioware would be up to the task.  At least that is my hope.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #28 on: <09-24-10/1636:19> »
Also, Star Wars: The Old Republic will be the first major MMO where there is voice dialogue/interaction.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #29 on: <09-24-10/1726:34> »
I have a 7 wizard and a 2 or 3 ranger on Kyber. Don't remember their names will have to repatch.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada