NEWS

Alamos 20K

• 72 Replies

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #60 on: <04-25-11/2323:44> »
Oh yeah, sorry. I don't know how I could forget their brilliant manifesto:
“we are the real man—the man the ork skum luvverz wanta keep down but cant, they gonna die an burn in flamez like in hell like god sed all demunz gonnaburn. Ohyo just the begining. Its the bomb made them, the big bomb like the fraggin injunz got a bomb too and they give it to the injunz so they gotta burn like in hell. twenty thouzund soljerz all got flameing swordz like anjelz and the orkz an elfz and other mettaskum all will burn like in Ohyo. we are Alamos like the bomb come from. ALL rememeber the Alamos. twnty thouzund.”

Didn't think I'd see an Alamos 20k manifesto in skreet.
Think you took that right out of the Threats book, right CanRay?
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #61 on: <04-26-11/0331:33> »
“we are the real man—the man the ork skum luvverz wanta keep down but cant, they gonna die an burn in flamez like in hell like god sed all demunz gonnaburn. Ohyo just the begining. Its the bomb made them, the big bomb like the fraggin injunz got a bomb too and they give it to the injunz so they gotta burn like in hell. twenty thouzund soljerz all got flameing swordz like anjelz and the orkz an elfz and other mettaskum all will burn like in Ohyo. we are Alamos like the bomb come from. ALL rememeber the Alamos. twnty thouzund.”

Page 9, the opening text of their chapter.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #62 on: <04-26-11/1138:37> »

It was DesVoeux that quoted it.

I quoted an old protest song by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

DesVoeux

• Newb
  • Accipe Hoc
« Reply #63 on: <04-26-11/1239:45> »
Heh. And yes, I copied that straight out of Threats. (Unless I made a typo.)
"No one starts a war; or rather, no one in his senses ought to do so; without first being clear in his mind what he intends to achieve by that war and how he intends to conduct it." - Carl Philipp Gottfried von Clausewitz

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #64 on: <04-26-11/1821:08> »
If you did, how could you tell?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #65 on: <04-26-11/1831:09> »
If you did, how could you tell?
Because he'd accidentally write something correctly.

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #66 on: <05-12-11/2052:36> »
So any idea where Brackhaven fits in with Alamos 20K? Seems from subtle hints in Threats 2 that Brackhaven (The Senator) was a link between A20K and the New Revolution.
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <05-13-11/0025:24> »
So any idea where Brackhaven fits in with Alamos 20K? Seems from subtle hints in Threats 2 that Brackhaven (The Senator) was a link between A20K and the New Revolution.

None of the Brackhavens - hell, sod-all of Humanis in entirety - have ever been (successfully) linked to Alamos 20K.  The Senator who was apparently the link between Alamos and the New Revolution was named Braddock (System Failure, pg 106). Kenny-boy Brackhaven isn't even on strength with Humanis, as far as can be determined.

Which reminds me - now that Charles/Karl Brackhaven is/are dead, who's heading up Humanis in Seattle?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #68 on: <05-13-11/0120:00> »
Some guy who never takes his hood off, and is never seen in the same room, or at the same time, that Kenny-Boy is.

Weird that, eh?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <05-13-11/0225:56> »
Dave Chapelle?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

The Laughing Man

• Newb
« Reply #71 on: <05-16-11/1514:19> »

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #72 on: <05-19-11/0113:36> »
It does seem odd to me that there's no in-canon record, post-Night of Rage, of attempted Humanis et al attacks on - for example - the Ork Underground, Tarislar, the Seattle Elven District, the Cascade Orks . . . all of which would be easier targets than Tir Tairngire.  I suppose house campaigns covered such things.