NEWS

Camouflage

• 3 Replies

忍

« on: <01-15-17/0026:33> »
When a Sprite uses the Camouflage power, what is used to determine whether someone finds the hidden file?

Quote from: 256pg
The sprite can conceal a file within another file in such a way as to make it invisible to Matrix searches. Concealed files can only be found with a Matrix Perception
Test that is specifically looking for the hidden file; even the sprite must make this test in order to find and extract the file.

IntrepidVector

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <01-15-17/0107:17> »
It sounds like they have to know which file to look at and use Matrix Perception. What is unclear is if there is a threshold involved or if they only need a single hit. If they only need one hit, the power's strength lies that your hidden file is a needle in a haystack, that the user has to know which file to look at. But if that is the case  nothing stops them from telling an Agent to inspect every single file if they suspect a Camouflaged one.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <01-15-17/0214:09> »
Except for the fact that the file could be anywhere..... So if would be searching an infinite amount of files.

(Heck my Virus scanner on my computer has to scan 2 million files... and that is just my desktop! Not the entire internet!)

Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

IntrepidVector

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <01-15-17/0400:46> »
I was thinking of a situation where you have a place to focus and a reason to suspect. Like "I have this guy's commlink and know he is a technomancer. Let's see if he was hiding anything on it." I was not suggesting you inspect every file on the Matrix.

You do have a point, in that it could take even a tireless Agent days or weeks to inspect every file of a particularly large batch.
« Last Edit: <01-15-17/0402:31> by IntrepidVector »