NEWS

Induction Receiver + Cyberarm

• 7 Replies

忍

« on: <01-22-16/0021:42> »
If I have a cyberarm and put in a deck with the induction module, can I touch a device with my hand/elbow/whatever and gain a direct connection?

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1 on: <01-22-16/0140:20> »
I'd let you do it if paid 1 capacity for it. Otherwise no.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <01-22-16/0253:51> »
What are you trying to get a connection with, and why?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-22-16/1042:39> »
I think an easier way of looking at this is to use the mod rules to add the induction module directly to the cyberarm; that way, you don't need to pay capacity for it, and you just directly connect your cyberarm to your deck and then your cyberarm to whatever device you're trying to hack. Simples!

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #4 on: <01-22-16/1049:59> »
Add Grapple Hand for more fun and hijinks!

&amp;#24525;

« Reply #5 on: <01-22-16/2232:31> »
Why the 1 capacity?

The module goes into the deck, not the arm. The deck goes in the arm. Would I have to pay 1 capacity if my deck had the hardening module (or any other module)?

[edit]
I forgot about Add a module under Device Modifications. Still per RAW there is no need for any capacity to be used if the cyberarm is modded to have the induction module. Only two packs of parts are needed. The following question would be does the inducting cyberarm allow you use of your direct connection with your deck.
[/edit]
« Last Edit: <01-22-16/2257:09> by 忍 »

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <01-23-16/1421:44> »
True if you put the cyberdeck in say your left hand then install the induction jack into the cyberdeck you can grab the wires with your hand and get direct connection

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-23-16/1448:05> »
Why the 1 capacity?

The module goes into the deck, not the arm. The deck goes in the arm. Would I have to pay 1 capacity if my deck had the hardening module (or any other module)?

[edit]
I forgot about Add a module under Device Modifications. Still per RAW there is no need for any capacity to be used if the cyberarm is modded to have the induction module. Only two packs of parts are needed. The following question would be does the inducting cyberarm allow you use of your direct connection with your deck.
[/edit]
I'd say yes, as per my original answer. Direct connection between your deck and arm + direct connection between your arm and device = direct connection between deck and device.

I'd allow it, anyway. I dare say RAW supports it too, with every device having a universal connector you ahouldbbe able to connect your deck to your arm, and with the induction receiver mod on your arm you'll have a direct connection to whatever device you touch.

Hmm, gives new meaning to the networking term "handshake" :)