NEWS

Vehicle Modification: Armor vs Personal Armor

• 3 Replies

Major Doom

• Chummer
« on: <12-09-10/1437:40> »
I understand that majority of armor worn by a character does not stack, save for form-fitting armor, but concerning the vehicle modifications in Arsenal, does Armor (Arsenal, page 132-133) stack with Personal Armor (Arsenal, page 148)?
"Ok, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort, and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president."
-- Jack Burton

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <12-09-10/1453:48> »
Quote from: SR4A, p. 171
Damage and Passenger
     Attacks must specifically target either the passengers (in which case, the vehicle is unaffected) or the vehicle itself (in which case, the passengers are not affected). The exceptions to this rule are ramming, full-automatic bursts and area-effect weapon attacks like grenades and rockets—these attacks affect both passengers and vehicles.
     If an attack is made against passengers, make a normal Attack Test, but the passengers are always considered to be under Good Cover (though the Blind Fire modifier may apply to the attacker as the situation dictates.) Passengers attempting to defend an attack inside a vehicle suffer a –2 dice pool modifier to their dodge, since they are somewhat limited in movement. Additionally, the passengers gain protection from the vehicle’s chassis, adding the Armor of the vehicle to any personal armor the characters are wearing. Called shots may be used to circumvent one armor or the other but not both.
     In the case of ramming, full-auto and area-effect attacks, both passengers and vehicles resist the damage equally.
Emphasis mine

Major Doom

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <12-09-10/1608:34> »
Thanks, but I was asking about the two mentioned types of vehicular armor in Arsenal.
"Ok, you people! Sit tight, hold the fort, and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president."
-- Jack Burton

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <12-09-10/1635:09> »
My bad. I'd say that they do stack, as long as they shooter's aiming at the passenger in the car. If the shooter's just aiming at the car, Personal Armor would not be used at all.