NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #135 on: <09-14-14/1253:05> »
Could you guys use another close-range combative type?

Alias: Cutter
Metatype: Human

Height: 6 feet
Weight: 178 lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

Attributes:
Body 5         Willpower 3
Agility 4(6)      Logic 3
Reaction 5(7)      Intuition 4
Strength 3(5)      Charisma 3
Edge 5         Essence 4.2
Physical Initiative: 9/11+3D6

Condition Monitor (P/S): 11 / 10
Armor: 9
Limits: Physical 8, Mental 5, Social 5

Active Skills:
Blades 5 (Knives +2)
Disguise 2
Gymnastics 4
Influence Group 2
Perception 2
Performance 4
Pilot Ground Craft 1 (Wheeled +2)\
Pilot Watercraft 1 (Motorboat +2)
Pistols 5 (Semi-Automatics +2)
Sneaking 4

Knowledge Skills:
History 3
Music 3 (Country +2)
Nightclubs 3

Languages:
English N
Russian 4

Qualities:
Allergy, Uncommon (Mild): Bee Stings
Incompetent: Biotech Group
Insomnia (Half-Speed Recovery) (7dicepool vs. 4)
SINner (National SIN): UCAS Citizen

Augmentations:
   Muscle Augmentation (2)
   Muscle Toner (2)
   Synaptic Booster (2)

Vehicles:
   GMC Bulldog Step-Van [Handling 3/3, Speed 3, Accel 1, Body 16, Armor 12, Pilot 1, Sensor 2, Seats 6]
   Samuvani Crisraft Otter [Handling 4, Speed 3, Accel 2, Body 12, Armor 6, Pilot 2, Sensor 2, Seats 8]
   Suzuki Mirage [Handling 5/3, Speed 6, Accel 3, Body 5, Armor 6, Pilot 1, Sensor 2, Seats 1]

Gear:
   AR Gloves
   Concealable Holster
   Concealable Holster
   Contacts (2) w/ Flare Compensation, Low Light Vision
   Erika Elite Commlink
   Erika Elite Commlink
   Glasses (1) w/ Image Link
   Holo Projector
   Lined Coat w/ Chemical Protection (4), Nonconductivity (5)
   Respirator (6)
   Sim Module
   Sim Module
   Sim Module
   Subvocal Microphone
   Transys Avalon Commlink
   Trodes
   Erek Vance w/ Fake License: Firearm Permit - CCW (4), Fake License: Implant Permit (4), Fake SIN (4), (5 months) Low Lifestyle
   Ivan Conrad w/ Fake License: Firearm Permit - CCW (4), Fake License: Implant Permit (4), Fake SIN (4), (5 months) Low Lifestyle

Weapons:
   Colt Government 2066 [Heavy Pistol, Acc 7, DV 7P, AP -5, SA, 14 (c)] w/ (70x) APDS, Laser Sight, (70x) Regular Ammo, Silencer/Suppressor, (10x) Spare Clips
   Yamaha Pulsar [Taser, Acc 5, DV 7S(e), AP -5, SA, 4 (m)] w/ (60x) Taser Dart
   Combat Knife [Blade, Acc 6, DV 7P, AP -3]
   Survival Knife [Blade, Acc 5, DV 7P, AP -1]

Contacts:
Blackheart - Fixer (Connection 4, Loyalty 2)
Lily Green - Corporate Secretary - Girlfriend(Connection 1, Loyalty 4)
Russell Brandt - Record Company Exec. (Connection 2, Loyalty 2)
Starting ¥: 2,170      [670 + (4D6 x 100)]

Karma Expenditures:

Pilot Aircraft - 1           2 Karma
Gunnery - 1                 2 Karma
« Last Edit: <01-22-15/0021:38> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

8-bit

« Reply #136 on: <09-14-14/1314:08> »
Could you guys use another close-range combative type?

I think we definitely could, I'm all for having you in. We'll have to check with the others and Aria, but I think it's a good idea.

Might have to get a little inventive working you in with IC, but that's fine.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #137 on: <09-14-14/1321:50> »
From what I understand, the way these games work is that recruitment is always open. People are welcome to join mid-action if they want.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #138 on: <09-14-14/1327:50> »
The train has been robbed before? Did I fail to read something earlier?
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #139 on: <09-14-14/1330:30> »
The train has been robbed before? Did I fail to read something earlier?
I must have missed that as well.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #140 on: <09-14-14/1336:30> »
I've not seen any reference to previous heists.  That would make the questioning of Oblique a lot easier.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <09-14-14/1338:34> »
Might have to get a little inventive working you in with IC, but that's fine.

I don't mind waiting for an appropriate moment to come in. Jumping in right in the middle of something can make things seem contrived after all.

8-bit

« Reply #142 on: <09-14-14/1354:14> »
I also didn't see anything about previous heists. I did see that they do hire Shadowrunners on occasion for extra security, which begs a few questions.

"Ah, you're here, good.  You can call me Oblique unless you prefer Johnson.  Fit yourselves in wherever you think is best.  I'll provide you the codes so that you can access what passes for a sensor mesh on the convoy...it's just a link to the nodes of the train units really, we prefer to rely on these..." and he taps the side of his head "for surveillance, that's why we hire people like you on a stretch like the one we're going through today.  Any questions find me or one of the others...oi, you lot, get to your unit, we're leaving in five..."

Why would they not upgrade their security, and what do they really need to have secured? Shadowrunners are expensive to pay and way overkill for basic security. You can get rent-a-cops for a lot cheaper, and they can deal with most stuff pretty easily. You call in runners when you need really serious security or specialized security (or possibly off-the-books security). Even so, I just can't imagine that they would be willing to higher very expensive runners without a good reason, which is something intriguing and may be worth knowing about.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #143 on: <09-14-14/1413:33> »
Why would they not upgrade their security, and what do they really need to have secured?
Since they travel all over the place, it makes sense to me that they would contract for security rather than upgrade their own to have a standing force. More mouths to feed, etc. As far as what they need protected, I would imagine the performers are pretty specialized and difficult to replace. I'm not exactly sure if this is more of a Cirque d'Soleil or Ringling Brothers circus, but either way, you've got people or critters who would be difficult to replace. It really depends on what kind of threats they're worried about. Even a thrill-gang that just wants to see shit burn could be problematic for them.

Even so, I just can't imagine that they would be willing to higher very expensive runners without a good reason, which is something intriguing and may be worth knowing about.
I'm uncertain if anyone would think rent-a-cops would be able to provide the necessary security for something the size of this convoy and Lone Star/KE would be way more expensive than shadowrunners. It makes a certain sense to me from a cost/capability consideration.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #144 on: <09-14-14/1508:38> »
Why would they not upgrade their security, and what do they really need to have secured?
Since they travel all over the place, it makes sense to me that they would contract for security rather than upgrade their own to have a standing force. More mouths to feed, etc. As far as what they need protected, I would imagine the performers are pretty specialized and difficult to replace. I'm not exactly sure if this is more of a Cirque d'Soleil or Ringling Brothers circus, but either way, you've got people or critters who would be difficult to replace. It really depends on what kind of threats they're worried about. Even a thrill-gang that just wants to see shit burn could be problematic for them.

Even so, I just can't imagine that they would be willing to higher very expensive runners without a good reason, which is something intriguing and may be worth knowing about.
I'm uncertain if anyone would think rent-a-cops would be able to provide the necessary security for something the size of this convoy and Lone Star/KE would be way more expensive than shadowrunners. It makes a certain sense to me from a cost/capability consideration.

I'm assuming by the time we are done with this run we will have accumulated something around 50,000 nuyen each. With 8 people (soon to be 9), that's 400,000 (450,000) nuyen total. That's not cheap in any sense of the word. I honestly think that an upgraded sensor net that didn't have multiple blind spots + a hired security spider should be able to recognize and threats and even just a handful of dedicated bodyguards would probably be cheaper. It's just the fact that they would sink 400k nuyen every time they need security for a single day is a little ridiculous in my mind. They must be rolling in money to be able to afford that, which begs the question of why they haven't upgraded their security. I might be overestimating how much we'll earn, but it's still likely to be an absurd amount of money.

I mean, we are having to basically juryrig the entire security system of this convoy because it doesn't have a decent existing one. Not that I mind, since as runners this is how we survive and make a living, but it makes very little sense to me from a management perspective.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <09-14-14/1512:20> »
You want good security, you're gonna have to pay through the nose for it. :P

If there's even a couple performers on the level of Siegfried and Roy, that 450,000 shouldn't hurt them too badly (going by how much tickets to the aforementioned performers cost in the late 90s to early 2000s).

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #146 on: <09-14-14/1807:18> »
@gm, please can you describe the host as I see it? Also, please use my matrix perception checks for more detailed information (though I believe I'm set up as an admin so should have full information available for things like host ratings)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #147 on: <09-15-14/0801:37> »
And I am in London, whatever time zone that means. Most of my posting in the evenings (now-ish) and on Saturdays.
That would be BST (GMT+1), same as me...I've got a lot of catching up to do, glad to see the thread blistering along!  I only really post during the day BST and very rarely at the weekend because of family commitments so sorry if it feels like there's been a lull, IC to come today or tomorrow depending how far you've taken it so far :D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #148 on: <09-15-14/0809:18> »
Dude, post away!  IMHO, Aria should be the one throttling posts as we get 2k¥ and 1karma every 2 posts.  (Quick advancement for those that are talky!)

I'll have BT respond to you IC.
Please do post!  The more you do the more you get, seems only fair to me :D

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #149 on: <09-15-14/0813:16> »
@Aria

I want to contact Torrent. I assume I have his commcode. However, my speech is not going to be eloquent, nor is it going to be polite. I'm gonna straight up tell him that if he doesn't want any frag-ups, he needs to give us some damn information about what the hell we are protecting against, and whom we are protecting (might get that from Oblique, but we'll see). Do you want me to roll something, or just roleplay it through? I sure as hell am going to fail any Social check, but I'm not really intimidating him, as I want his cooperation to go smoothly. My character just doesn't have social graces that would lead to a polite conversation, so my requests are going to be that. Requests, aka demands, since I haven't the slightest idea how the hell to get to the subject in a polite manner (or at least, my character doesn't).
You have his commcode!  I'd much rather you roleplayed than roll played :D  I will try and keep up with your conversation speed as much as I can!  If necessary ask your questions and I will give bullet point answers OoC and you can then turn that into IC text (I don't need the karma awards, in theory I've got an uber 2075 character waiting to happen one of these days lol)