NEWS

Question about the Enemy Negative Quality

• 30 Replies

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <12-11-10/1128:55> »
You make some good suggestions.  All very interesting, but there is a bad side to this.

The bad part is that I don't want to design a player's character for him.  Which is what happens if they just draw points off the Enemy quality and call it a day.  I want them to be more invested in their character than just looking at a pile of points.  If the player works with me and comes up with a good story, then, as I said earlier, I generally allow it.  But the player has to put in the work to make his character interesting and engaging.  I'm not doing it for them.

New players?  Sure, I expect a bit of work.  I also tell them to avoid certain things during character creation, and the Enemy quality is complex enough to distract them.  I can see adding an enemy to that character later, after the player has gotten some real world experience under his belt, and even granting the BP for the quality post-creation.  That, however, is something that new players get, and not more experienced players who are just not involved enough in their character's story.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."