NEWS

Overview of tasks?

• 31 Replies

Bradd

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <11-18-10/1947:33> »
Well, it is relevant to the OP as to which skills+attributes you use for a computer-aided task. And the RAW do say that you make an Artisan roll when you're doing something creative. They just don't tell you how to reconcile that with the rules that say you make a Computer roll when you do computer editing. However, they do tell you how to resolve things when you mix Artisan and Forgery, or Computer and Forgery. It's not a big leap to infer that you do the same thing when you mix Artisan and Computer.

I don't think this is particularly a weakness in the rules, since there really isn't much in the way of any rules for Artisan, since we're playing Shadowrun and not Starving Artist.

Aaron

« Reply #31 on: <12-04-10/1046:25> »
Unfortunately, that looks like it's a mistake on Aaron's part.

Quote from: SR FAQ
In SR4, can you withhold dice from a Sorcery or Spellcasting Test and use those dice instead to resist Drain, as you could in SR3?

This rule was dropped in SR4—it was a special case rule that didn't apply to any other mechanics in the game. If you happen to like it, you can of course continue to use it in your own games as a house rule. The entry for the Spellcasting Focus in SR4 had an incorrect reference to this rule that was corrected in SR4A.

Actually, it was correct according to the SR4 rules in effect when the sheets were made. I just haven't gotten a chance to fix those two sheets yet.

To top it off, I've switched my machine a few times since making them and while I have the original files, I don't have CorelDraw any more (never used the thing except for the cheat sheets, anyway). If anybody else wants to edit the originals, let me know and I'll shoot you the files.