NEWS

Beyond Chicago Discussion

• 27 Replies

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <03-11-16/1512:46> »
I also feel the same way about Neo Tokyo and Aztlan. Definitely would like a break from running in an ambient BGC all the time and Aztlan sounds like it would be worse than the CZ with all that corporate sanctioned death magic going on there.
Yeah, I didn't think of that. For out-of-town runners, that could be a massive PITA, even more so than Chicago.

I'm strongly against London or Moscow simply because I couldn't last two seasons of GMs doing bad accents.
Hah! As good a reason as I've ever heard...

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #16 on: <03-11-16/1743:25> »
....the GMs in my Missions group pretty much gave up trying to do accents.

I actually could have done a pretty decent job with London Falling but not yet up to speed with all the 5E rule nuances yet as I pretty much came in cold from 3E.

GM'd a campaign arc years ago that was primarily centred in the UK.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <03-11-16/1803:33> »
I can do a really good Russian accent when I have a cold!   ;D

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #18 on: <03-11-16/1814:41> »
I also feel the same way about Neo Tokyo and Aztlan. Definitely would like a break from running in an ambient BGC all the time and Aztlan sounds like it would be worse than the CZ with all that corporate sanctioned death magic going on there.
Yeah, I didn't think of that. For out-of-town runners, that could be a massive PITA, even more so than Chicago.

....yeah been playing a physad who pretty much was relegated to "gunbunny" status for a number of missions until she got enough Karma to initiate several times and get Adept Centering.  Still doesn't help any foci that are offset by the BGC though.  Most of her powers are not ones that involve dice pools for tests save for Boosted Attribute (AGI) and Combat Sense.

She is also a slight burnout having a couple minor genemods and finally getting Beta rating 2 Orthoskin and Muscle Toner (the latter thanks to a deal from Dr. Tate) giving her an 8 Agility and 2 extra points of armour that aren't affected by BGC.

Supposedly I heard that the ambient BGC is supposed to go down by 1 sometime soon.
« Last Edit: <03-11-16/1816:16> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Tai-Pan

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
  • Everything is better with lube.
« Reply #19 on: <03-11-16/1947:59> »
I'm on board with Atlanta. Docwagon, CAS politics, central enough for quick "day trip" runs down to new orleans, miami, texas/azzie border towns. Spread things out over a couple of seasons so most of your time is Atlanta specific but a nice variety as well.
Troll bioadept with a throwing knife and a lube grenade looking for a good time.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-13-16/0142:18> »
I'm strongly against London or Moscow simply because I couldn't last two seasons of GMs doing bad accents.

Heh, my Missions GM is actually British and has a standing threat: If any of us tries to do a bad British accent, he will get up, walk around the table if needed, and punch the offender in the head. Given that all of my accents I have ever tried to do are horrible, I am disinclined to test the accuracy of that threat.  :'(

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <03-13-16/0145:21> »

Supposedly I heard that the ambient BGC is supposed to go down by 1 sometime soon.

That makes sense, considering the metaplot of the land reclamation there: Unless the initiative completely falls flt on its face, eventually at least parts of the CZ should see improvements and thus (eventually) lower counts.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <03-13-16/0147:23> »
I'd like either Neo-Tokyo or Hong Kong.

The UK would be interesting, but it would need to be an order of magnitude better than "London's Falling".

But either of the far eastern settings would get my vote and money.

I was hoping for Hong Kong, but since it wasn't an option I voted for Neo-Tokyo.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <03-14-16/1723:11> »
Had to vote for New Orleans, (big) easy pick.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <03-14-16/2338:12> »
Had to vote for New Orleans, (big) easy pick.

I was very much tempted on that one, but I decided to go for a pick that wasn't still in NA.

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <03-17-16/2308:55> »
Honestly- I would prefer Hong Kong but that was not a choice.
So like Dinendae, I settled for Neo Tokyo.

Heck- I love Coke so much I should have said Atlanta :P

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #26 on: <03-17-16/2324:00> »
I can do a really good Russian accent when I have a cold!   ;D
You could have come to more games with a cold then   ;) 
I miss Grig the Russian Troll.
In a world where people usually go for Katanas & Automatics w/ High Accuracy,  Grig said screw that & used Shotguns & an Axe! 
Because dang it, it was intimidating.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #27 on: <03-17-16/2325:06> »
I voted for LA, but the UK could also be fun.