NEWS

Called Shot: Blast Out of Hands

• 34 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #30 on: <11-07-18/0039:38> »
So, given how ranged attacks can be tough enough already, plus this kind of attack comes at a surprise with a force you can't easily resist, it kinda makes sense that this attack doesn't take additional penalties. Same for the ammo-specific versions which actually do a bit of damage (and are resisted solely with Body). So personally I don't think I'd houserule this one, if only to preserve the rule of cool. With Gecko Grip, on the other hand, you'd get to add your +6 bonus on the defense test as far as resisting the called shot is concerned, but not on whether or not you get hit (matters for damage of the ammo-specific called shots and stuff).

So basically, with Gecko Grip: After rolling attack vs defense, throw 6 extra dice in an attempt to reduce the net hits of the attack to 0, to see if the weapon is blasted out of your hands. (Or throw a different color of dice, so it's easier to overview the entire pool for rerolls.)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <11-07-18/0105:09> »
But in that case you'd have your weapon be hit directly and likely damaged by a bullet.
Since weapons count as Heavy Material, they are pretty easily destroyed that way.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #32 on: <11-07-18/0121:06> »
Nah, there's no rules about that so it's simply a matter of the weapon moving but you keeping your grip, vs it just getting knocked about. Because the weapon isn't a solid unmoving structure but something that moves with the flow.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <11-07-18/0133:14> »
There's rules for targeting weapons in Run & Gun, but oddly they're limited to trained martial arts maneuvers... and even more bizarrely they're limited to being used in close combat only.  E.G. you can use a sword to chop a gun, but the rule doesn't allow for use of a gun to shoot a gun.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

adzling

« Reply #34 on: <11-07-18/1003:48> »
could be true for melee attacks but a not for bullets and other fast moving projectiles.

thats not how physics works.

Nah, there's no rules about that so it's simply a matter of the weapon moving but you keeping your grip, vs it just getting knocked about. Because the weapon isn't a solid unmoving structure but something that moves with the flow.