NEWS

So how does this work on the forum for play by post?

• 3 Replies

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« on: <11-28-15/1012:18> »
How do you handle rolls and the like? Is there anything I should know in advance?
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« Reply #1 on: <11-28-15/1021:41> »
Really it's up to each individual GM but for dice rolling Orokos.com seems to be pretty popular and most importantly free.

Some GM's like to build a separate campaign in Obsidian Portal for additional flavour and to hold the PC's/NPC's which is also free, though you can pay for extra functionality if you wish. Generally it's good form to have both an IC & OOC thread so that the story being told can run as smoothly as possible and only the gm and players will post in the IC thread.
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #2 on: <11-28-15/1039:08> »
Really it's up to each individual GM but for dice rolling Orokos.com seems to be pretty popular and most importantly free.

Some GM's like to build a separate campaign in Obsidian Portal for additional flavour and to hold the PC's/NPC's which is also free, though you can pay for extra functionality if you wish. Generally it's good form to have both an IC & OOC thread so that the story being told can run as smoothly as possible and only the gm and players will post in the IC thread.

You solved a great deal of problems for me. Thanks.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-29-15/2232:40> »
also, if your looking for players, many create a <name of campaign> recruitment.
In your first post a synopsis of the campaign, any houserules you use and any restrictions on chargen. After you recruited the players than you create the IC and OOC threads.
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral