NEWS

Free Spirits & Natural Weapon

• 0 Replies

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« on: <01-31-12/0420:24> »
Okay, looking over the rules for Free Spirits in Runners Companion, it says that a PC Free Spirit can take Natural Weapons, and to see SR4, p289. I can only assume that's the original SR4, since that's the start of the Contacts section in SR4A. Looking on p296, though, it shows the following:

Quote from: SR4A, 0296
Natural Weapon
Type: P  •  Action: Complex  •  Range: Touch  •  Duration: Instant
The critter possesses some natural form of weaponry capable of inflicting Physical damage, such as claws, sharp teeth, or a stinger. The description of this power describes the nature of the attack, as well as its Damage Value and Armor Penetration modifiers where applicable. Natural weapons may be either melee weapons or ranged weapons, and critters follow the standard rules of combat when using them. Critters use the Unarmed Combat skill to attack with natural melee weapons, and the Exotic Ranged attack skill to attack with natural ranged weapons.

Critters without a Natural Weapon may still make an unarmed attack. As with regular characters, the Damage Value is (STR ๗ 2)S.

If the critter is dual natured, Natural Weapon may be used with the normal Unarmed Combat skill and physical Damage Value to per
form attacks against astral opponents (within reach).
Emphasis is, of course, mine

Now... there's nothing that actually says what the PC Free Spirit's Natural Weapon would be. I'm assuming it's identical to the variant of the power the Spirit-type you're copying it from has, which is ((Force)P, AP = 0) for every case I could find, except Free Spirits based off the Insect Shaman tradition.

However, I know exactly how bad making assumptions based on inference can be with the way the rules work in Shadowrun, so can anyone confirm that for me?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me