NEWS

Vice

• 8 Replies

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« on: <03-03-11/0846:26> »
Just a real quick question, ate the Vory covered much in vice.  The campaign I'm running is going to deal with them alot and i just want to know if i need to get it soon.
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <03-03-11/0921:20> »
They get a good nine pages of fluff; less than Mafia/Yakuza, more than Seoulpa and Gangs. About the same coverage as the Triads. The rules section is also very good with generics that you can apply to any of the groups.

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <03-03-11/0922:08> »
awesome thanks

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <03-03-11/1148:43> »
Very little crunch, but lots of tasty fluff, and makes Bubba the Love Troll cannon.

I call Vice "The Cotton Candy of Shadowrun 4E".
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <03-03-11/1720:40> »
Fluff is what makes Shadowrun one of the best out there

Wesley Street

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-15-11/0925:45> »
Before Vice came along, the only other sourcebook that I can recall that touched on the Vor was Underworld from 2nd. edition. and pieces of the three Shadows of... books from 3rd ed. Vice pulls all the relevant Vor information together nicely.

Kane

• Newb
  • Im not that pirate
« Reply #6 on: <03-29-11/2240:20> »
Reading Vice at the moment.

1. Have a humble question the pdf was revised...however I see that the dead tree formant is still considered 1st printing can any writer drop a humble clue what changed??

2. For me I was suprised that there was as much on the Vory as there was, as a histroy nerd who watches every history channel and books on the various Vice crime organizations, I was pleased with the detail. In the RL there does not seem to be much about the Vory, I think its cause they are newer to the US than say the Yaks or the more traditional European style mafia. Anyone else have an opinion about it??

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #7 on: <04-24-11/1833:01> »
its probably also because they are better at keeping a lower profile and/or pawning their killings off as the work of the other sindicates, personally i gave them the Panama City red light district of the Gulf Coast Metroplex and you could probably figure that they or the Soulupa rings have the lock on the Fort Worth/Dallas plex's vice
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

ARCimedes

• Newb
  • /i\(;,;)/i\
« Reply #8 on: <04-25-11/2202:16> »
Yes, Vice does have some information on the Vory V Vakone, though it does not mention any of the other organized crime groups from Russia. Still, I am pleased to see them in Vice. One must remember that when Shadowrun came out in '89, the Vory was not really known in the U.S. It was the economic and political turmoil of Russia in the 90's that allowed the Vory to gain a lot of power (similar to U.S. organized crime during Prohibition). If you want a good history on many organized crime groups, you can check Abadinsky's Organized Crime textbook.

All in all, Vice has given me some good adventure ideas and an idea of what the different organized crime groups are doing in '72.

-ARCimedes
-ARCimedes

Are you sure you want a flame thrower?