NEWS

[SRA OoC] Depths of Anarchy [2075 Game Thread]

• 112 Replies

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #30 on: <12-01-16/1727:18> »
Gilga:  Wait, English isn’t your first language?   I had not realized at all, and apologize for not taking that into account in my many lengthy posts.

I agree that this game can be hard to follow.  To me it feels a bit like hearing the words to a song, without hearing the instruments that give the song more structure.

My rough summary:
-   We got offered a job (to cover the escape route for an Ares Firewatch team)
-   We took the job.  Then we talked about the club where it would happen, and about some plans (like using the ice cream truck)
-   People then jumped the action forward to arriving at the club.  No need nor system for buying last minute gear or anything like that.
-   Al helped one group make their way to the manager’s office. 
    o       The office was in the dark, the manager seemed to like it that way, and Al was hearing some noises.
    o       Vish threatened that the club manager would get rumoured to be a Knight-Errant puppet unless he let us have our way, and also suggested that we were taking over to secure a meet in the club later than night.
    o       The manager reacted strongly to the word “Ares”
-   A couple of other characters got into the club and moved to the basement, to start guarding the Firewatch team’s entrance and exit point.

Adam: all great points, and I'm persuaded.  Will probably struggle on 'going big', but will try.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <12-01-16/1839:29> »
"Yes...and..." take someone's post, run with it, add new stuff... adapt to that and tell a great story! You were all handpicked and I have faith in each of you :D

Don't worry so much about plot points! I think they will be fairly free flowing... in fact you can all have 1 for stuff to date!!!

It perhaps won't be as free flowing playing pbp rather than around the table but I like what I've seen so far!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <12-02-16/0338:11> »
I like improvised and escalating writing. Actually, I even think I'd prefer not to start rolling dice as long as possible and instead have the next writer adjudicate the situation and give the results (Leaving the Anarchy rules behind)

@adamu
Up until now I thought we were in a drama, but the trap door just ensured it's going to be a horror comedy.  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <12-02-16/0800:14> »
A few house keeping bits and pieces before we do get towards any actual D rolling (however long that may take)...

Proposed House Rules (up for discussion, won't impose them if you aren't happy with them!)

1. Every runner gets a 'basics kit' of gear which includes a burner link, fakeSIN, couple of stim patches, a trauma patch, assorted unarmoured clothes and a pad to crash in!
2. Assault rifles are -2 at close range rather than OK...this gives SMGs a purpose they were intended for!
3. Spirits are plain broken...they are effectively prime runners, and Gilga has 2 and Vish 1 potentially... I've seen various suggestions on here about how to limit them, I think the one I like the most is to treat them like PC drones, so they get an attack and armour value, possibly their optional power to differentiate them a tad...thoughts?!?

Turn order

We may need to go into 'combat time' in the near future...in theory posts should then be 'round the table' unless you spend plot points to change that...so, what I propose is that we each indicate (more or less, I won't hold you to it) when we are most likely to post IC and use that to create a rough running order.

To start us off I usually post at around 1pm (GMT) weekdays...

For my own sanity please could you translate your respective timezones in to GMT?!  I know that's very UK centric of me but I'm the GM dammit  ::)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <12-02-16/0823:02> »
I usually post from work but find time in the evening as well, so I guess GMT translates to

8:00 to 22.00 (Yeah, I spend entirely to much time in the net  ::) )

I thought SMGs being easier to conceal was their purpose ;D
« Last Edit: <12-02-16/1053:37> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <12-02-16/1034:27> »
I haven't actually read up on the details of spirits in Anarchy yet, so have not attachment to them behaving one way or another -- so I'm fine with whatever.  Granted that I'll probably need one in, oh, about one or two rounds of posting ago, but I hadn't summoned one due to the whole not having read them in detail yet.  And hadn't inspected people astrally because I hadn't wanted to make the call on who was infested.

I check the threads fairly often over the course of the EST day, and could end up posting most any time in there, but I think I post most frequently around the end of my work day (call it after 10pm in Greenwich) -- although sometimes I don't have time to really do much in the way of posting until well into my evening (more like 3am GMT).

I think I'd taken a fake ID as one piece of Vish's gear -- OK if I swap it out for something else, since we get one in the kit?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <12-02-16/1119:51> »
Spirits are kind of awesome. I actually do not like Anarchy as the entire game seems to revolve around combat, with anything non combat fluffed away. 

Assault rifle is already -2, OK -2  --> I think.

About Spirits - I think that the rules show how to summon a 'greater' spirit by adding 2 to all the stats and damage and so forth, we can decide that the spirits presented are hard to summon greater spirits and the regular ones are lesser with the opposite adjustment.  (2 less damage, 2 less to all stats). I think it is more gentle than doing an entirely different mechanic.

Just to admit, I am kind of disappointed with spirits. Because they seem to only revolve around combat and I never planned to use ICE's spirits in combat. Planned for them mainly for the OOC situations.

For the record, I really do not like combat very much. I think it slows down the game and make it a bit boring as it can drag for weeks without resolution.

« Last Edit: <12-02-16/1127:24> by gilga »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <12-02-16/1234:44> »
I think that's where we see Anarchy differently then... the rules are there for combat as that is where you need resolution and to allow fate to play a role... but as to fluffing stuff away, well the meat of Anarchy is in that fluff where no rules are really needed, or at least that's the way I intend to play it.  Scrubbing most of the SR5 rules should hopefully speed combat up considerably leaving much more room for fluff!  ;D

adamu

« Reply #38 on: <12-02-16/1237:29> »
I am generally on-and-offline GMT 2100-0000 Mon-Sat. That's my most reliable posting time.

Also can usually post around 1200-1300 GMT on weekdays. But those are faster, and no access to dice/rules.
« Last Edit: <12-03-16/1231:03> by adamu »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <12-03-16/0955:00> »
Hm, so far I can't see a good turn order. Beta, Mercy, gilga, what are your prime times?
talk think matrix

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <12-03-16/1053:55> »
I check the threads fairly often over the course of the EST day, and could end up posting most any time in there, but I think I post most frequently around the end of my work day (call it after 10pm in Greenwich) -- although sometimes I don't have time to really do much in the way of posting until well into my evening (more like 3am GMT).

My best time is probably either 10-11pm GMT or 2-3am GMT.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <12-03-16/1308:18> »
I think I am about GMT-9.  I get up at about 1400 GMT and check my games and then go to work.  I do not have access to the site while at the office.  I get home and back on at about 0400 GMT.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <12-03-16/1353:13> »
So are we into turn order at this time yet?  I am ready to cut these demon spawn into small pieces but do not know when to start the ball or If I can just say that I gut the one above me and move farther into the room.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

adamu

« Reply #43 on: <12-03-16/1426:07> »
So are we into turn order at this time yet?  I am ready to cut these demon spawn into small pieces but do not know when to start the ball or If I can just say that I gut the one above me and move farther into the room.

Well, I'm not the GM, but Aria wrote a few posts up that he wanted to get a few points sorted before we went to dice and turn order, so seems to me like we're still in a grace period....

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <12-05-16/0753:08> »
OK, looks like we ought to at least investigate combat time, not that I want to spoil the flow but we are at least trying to explore the Anarchy rules… I’ll suggest a rough posting order, feel free to suggest differences, or spend a plot point to change it round by round anyway :)

GM
Jack
Adam
Gilga
Beta
Mercy

In terms of threats, let’s say there are (at the moment) one true form bug and 2 flesh forms per runner, roughly distributed around the above ground area, near where you currently are.  I’ve used Gingivitis’ threats compilation, the flesh forms being an adaption of the ganger stats.

You can roll defence for the bugs, and even roll their attacks on you if it feels appropriate and I don’t get round to it in my go!

FLESH FORM BUG                  
STR    AGL    WIL    LOG    CHA    EDG
4             3             3     2             2            2
SKILLS: Athletics 6, Close Combat 6
SHADOW AMPS: Essence: 6 (no penalties)
Choose one:
•   Home Turf: +1 Plot Point at the beginning of combat.

WEAPONS   Dam   Close   Near    Far
Unarmed    2S    OK    —    —

Armor: 6 [Armor clothing]
Condition Monitors (P/S): 10/10

TRUE FORM BUG SPIRIT                  
STR    AGL    WIL    LOG    CHA    EDG
7            4             3    1            1            1
SKILLS: Athletics 7, Close Combat 8, Intimidation 4, Stealth 6, Tracking 3
SHADOW AMPS: Essence: 6 (no penalties)
•   Critter: Has access to critter amps.
•   Immunity (Normal Weapons) 2 (Critter Power): Damage Reduction 2.

WEAPONS   Dam   Close   Near   Far
Claws       5P    OK    —    —
Mandibles    7P    –2    —    —

Armor: 6 [Natural armor]
Condition Monitors (P/S): 12/10

Yell if more clarification is needed!!!