NEWS

Forum suppression?

• 6 Replies

tytalan

• Newb
« on: <08-10-16/1602:01> »
This has happen twice now maybe more.  I was posting and following a thread on the reprint of Street girmoire and the fact it does not have the errata in it when it all disappears from the forums all except the first page.  Is CGL doing this on purpose if so I can tell you this is only going to make people madder if not why has this happen at least twice to threads I was watching, sorry can't remember the title of the first one I check it up to an error.  It may have even happened more but I didn't search for the others.   I don't want to think this has been done on purpose but it's either that or somethings major is wrong with CGL's server

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <08-10-16/1635:52> »
Me thinks it's just you/the server.

That Grimoire post is still there and currently at 7 pages.

However, the server is extremely slow currently, so that could be your issue/the issue. Some times you have to refresh several times (and wait each time) to get the current posts/threads...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-10-16/1704:42> »
All of my replies to that post are still there. That said, the server obviously has gremlins something awful.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-11-16/1204:49> »
Any time I pull or lock a thread, we post to let people know. As others have suggested...suspect it is the more on the server end.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-11-16/1210:39> »
probably one of the techs in the server room has the gremlins flaw at maximum. ;)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-11-16/1404:02> »
Hanlon's Razor. 'nuff said.

In this case it was not on CGL's behalf...

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-15-16/0256:03> »
When I go to post here, especially at night (and more often after 3 AM CST), I usually need to wait several minutes before a post I make actually goes through. Try giving it a bit, and make sure you don't change pages or shut down that page before your post appears.