NEWS

Umbrae Europae [IC]

• 209 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <09-11-16/1230:20> »
"However you want to make it happen - he mustn't collect those samples again. I don't care if you kill him or just install datajacks in his head until he has no magic left."
Frau Schnee took another sip. "Anything else you want to know?"

[spoiler]
Duisburg test: You know the location of the swimming brothel and that the top deck is reserved for VIPs - special invitation to enter only

What you learn about your colleagues is entirely up to them

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <09-11-16/1502:45> »
Looking clearly at Frau Schnee and enunciating clearly, "Thank you for the clarification, we would be happy to oblige your request once we've discussed proper renumeration.  We are looking at interfering with the Mafia here so are liable to make a few powerful people fairly unhappy.  How much did you say the job was paying?"

[spoiler]
Area Knowledge (Int 4 + AK 4 = 8): 8d6t5 3

And the ubiquitous negotiation roll:
Getting a great deal (Con 10 + Negotiation 6 + Bargaining Spec 2 + Glam 1 + Suit 2 + Phere 2 = 23): 23d6t5 8  Not too shabby ;)  Limit is 15, gets to keep all of those hits.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-11-16/1504:38> by Zweiblumen »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <09-11-16/1607:49> »
[spoiler]
Frau Schnee Negotiation: 10d6t5 1
7 net successes. You get a bonus.
[/spoiler]

"I understand, but I can't pay more than the rates your fixer gave me.
But if you are successful, I can organize a few powerful preparations for you - long lasting ones - that you might find quite useful. But not before the blood samples are destroyed."
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <09-11-16/1644:11> »

(Over the PAN network)
Unless one of you disagree, I think we need to approach this as a kill. I don't think there is any better way to handle this mage. Not in away that ensures he won't collect those sample again.

It does mean we need to 1) assert where the sample are and 2) build a solid plan to get to him. Both requires some serious intel. Way more than "a brothel somewhere".

Also, let's not be the dumb shadowrunner and try to understand what the fuck he is collecting blood samples for and how the mafia is coming into play here. Before jump into a snakes nest, let's at least see it for what it is.

Schöner, if you please, stop haggling as if we were at a freakin' souk in Morocco, and get more intel from her. If she does not know more, who could ?

Waywalker, maybe we could work together, after the meet, to get some intel from the matrix on the brothel and the mafia involvement.

In the meatspace, Frank does not really comment, but do add, grinning: "I know of a brothel on a boat in Berlin. It's called the Loveboat... Pretty fitting don't you think ? Anyhow, do you have the current location of this "loveboat" ?". Except for this silly comment, Frank remains rather silent since Schöner show up - letting the Face do his thing.

But he does immediatly look for a map of the surroundings (using its AR) of the "Loveboat" (if one is provided).

[spoiler]
Haywire, about your matrix perception, just look at my character sheet to figure out you can see. Regarding, I'm suggesting to team work our matrix search - if you have more than 11, please lead.
Matrix Search (to find the location of the Loveboat, if needed, otherwise ignore): Searching for the "Loveboat" location: 11d6t5 3
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-11-16/2010:24> by belaran »

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <09-11-16/1945:53> »

"Frau Schnee, I have another question: excuse my ignorance in this matter, is there any special way to destroy these samples? Like throw them in a fire?"
The dryad who looked like a Face acted as one, obtaining a nice bonus for them. Always good to have one on my side.
Waywalker took a breath as text flooded his field of vision. It was from Franck.
Without moving a single muscle, he answered:
"I know the location of the location of the brothel; there is a top deck for VIPs only. Maybe we could start from there. I'm more than happy to work with you on the 'trix."
Then, he ordered his Agents to team up and dig up some info on this guy, while he switched on his AR.

[spoiler]Teamwork test from Sekretar: 6d6t5 2
Teamwork test from Deck: 8d6t5 2
Matrix search on Avascula and to find his current assistant: 14d6t5 4( I keep them all as my DP is 4+4 from teamwork)[/spoiler]
«Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.»

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <09-12-16/0327:25> »
"It's not hard to do. Burning works, as well as simply thawing it out and pour it down the drain. It's actually more difficult to keep them viable than to destroy them. They will be most likely kept in some kind of deep freezer. There is no other good way to keep the samples viable for ritual magic."
She replied.
[spoiler]
@Zweiblumen

Sorry, I overlooked your knowledge check:
You know the location of the boat, too. Also, you know a contact that might be able to get you in touch with someone who has access to the VIP area:
Roberto Tzernobo, a local wine and campaign seller, who delivers alcohol to the boat. 

[/spoiler]

talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <09-12-16/0504:41> »
Frank thinking to himself "a shame I'm not a vampire, I could probably just drink'em... That being said, I could keep them for sauce ? Gosh, what I am thinking ? Need to do more meditation...".

Over the private network: It sounds we have some days to plan our ops, would you guys be against doing a stack out of the boat, getting intel on all the people in there, learn the routine, and so on ? This would give us a way to plan the op properly. Hopefully we might also be able to figure out what the frag a blood mage is doing for the mafia there...

« Last Edit: <09-12-16/0656:53> by belaran »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <09-12-16/0808:32> »
Again looking directly at Frau Schnee and speaking clearly he says, "That is very appreciated Frau Schnee.  I'm sure they will come in very handy in the future.
This boat, I think I know it.  Perhaps it's the 'Barca d'Amore' on the Rhein?  Do you happen to know if he has any particular predilections or privations?"

Lifting his napkin to his mouth to wipe his upper lip he says quietly to the group, "I might know someone that could have access to the boat."
Dropping the napkin to the floor he bends over to pick it up and says, "I'll reach out and see if he knows anything or can help." 
Smilling to Frau Schnee once more he says, "Excuse me" to her before turning his head away from her and saying, "In case you hadn't noticed, it appears our host is deaf.  Have we negotiated communications amongst ourselves yet?"  And then turns back to face her directly once more.

[spoiler]
Want a roll for digging more info?  And I just made up a name of the boat, went Italian for the Mafia connection.  If it has an actual name and location, I'll ret-conn this post, just let me know the details.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-12-16/1225:32> by Zweiblumen »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <09-12-16/0837:14> »
"Could be. I've never been there or had actual contact with that place. As for what he prefers: Young women. That I'm pretty sure about.
But don't focus exclusively on the mafia. As I said he has worked for them, but that doesn't mean he still does. He hires out his services. And he is utterly ruthless in disposing off his assistances after he tires of them or thinks they are a danger to him."

Schöner's theory seemed to be true, as the Johnson did not appear to hear his comments.

[spoiler]
No, enough rolls on the spot.
Matrix Search will take 12 hours as a base line with a -4 mod to find anything about him.

[/spoiler]

talk think matrix

k-sim

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <09-12-16/1420:09> »
After making his introductions Käse sat down, not really caring what the lady's problem was. He was getting payed and that was all he cared for, the how and the why's he left up to the rest of the team. They were busily digging through the matrix and using their charm to get as much info as they could, Käse just sat back already thinking up plans. When his beer was empty Käse picked up the one he had bought for the fourth member of the team, seeing as the dryad had bought his own drink Käse figuered the smooth talker wouldn't mind. When prompted Käse joined in on the comms to follow the second conversation being held.

When miss Schnee mentions the object of their job would be a mage Käse sends his Talismonger Karin Metzer a comm message: Hey Karin, quick question. Do you know of any hermatic mage that works a lot with the local mob? Focus mostly on ritual magic, switches out assistants a lot? His name is Antonio Vasco and he used to teach at the Cologne uni until he got fired a couple of years ago, though he still gets his assistants from there some how. He uses Avascula as his stage name. Any clue? I'll make it worth your while ;) A token for 100¥ is attached to the message.

When Frank mentions a blood mage Käse feels like it's time to chime in. This fragger is probably not a blood mage, if Goldsnout got wind of one (which he would) it would be mere seconds before the fragger'd be a smear on the pavement. The blood samples Miss Snowflake is talking about are for ritual magic. When you got someone's blood or hair or any other type of biological material you can use rituals to frag with them when ever you want, where ever they are. One moment you're just chilling, enjoying the good life on the costa del sol, fancy cocktail in your hand and everything. Next thing you know your head is the epicenter of a fireball powerful enough to level a city block. Yeah, I get why she wants them destroyed.

With a final chug Käse finishes off his beer and sets it down on the table. Now if mister fancy pants is done pumping Snowflake for information, I suggest we find ourselves a nice quiet spot to start formulating a plan.

[spoiler]Käse has an obvious lower cyber arm (right) and obvious cyber eyes.

The talismonger contact Karin Metzer is loyalty 2 connection 2. Do you want me to roll for her or not?[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <09-12-16/1454:14> »
The reply from Metzger came a few seconds later: <<Hey Käse, yeah, I've heard of that guy. He was sacked because he got a student pregnant and she hanged herself - allegedly. He is still somewhere in Cologne. Buys large quantities of reagents, more than I can reliably provide at any one time. Best you go to the uni and ask at their store. They sell to students at a discount.>>

« Last Edit: <09-12-16/1553:38> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <09-12-16/1716:16> »
"Mr Schoner and Mr Kase me and Frank are setting up a PAN with our commlinks. I'd like you two to join it if you don't mind"
While pronouncing this sentences, Waywalker field of vision was flooded with results. Even with the help of my Agents this will take a while...
"Thank you for answering my question, Frau Schnee. Do you know the name of some of this young women with magical talents he has used or uses as assistant?"
His thoughts swiftly formed a text to Franck: "I'm searching the Matrix for some info on our man., but will take some time.When I'm done with this task, would you mind a little run in the 'Trix with me?"

[spoiler]If you don't mind, i'll keep the Agent results from my previous post. I'm focusing my search on his assistants and how to contact him.
Matrix search on Avascula: 10d6t5 4[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <09-12-16/1740:09> »
"I don't know who he currently has in his employ. He prefers female students in their third or fourth semester - he doesn't particularly care about magical talent. He needs them primarily as spotters for his rituals. Beautiful girls have easy access to many places. At least three of them have committed suicide, at least that is what the Sternschutz investigation wrote into their reports. One of those girls was Anita Wagner, a former friend of mine. She died two months ago. But I don't think the dead will be of any help to you in this case. Antonio doesn't waste time with mourning or even thinking about them, and therefore neither should you."

[spoiler]
No problem, you'll get the results after the meeting, unless you all go directly to one of the targets

[/spoiler]

talk think matrix

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <09-12-16/1751:41> »

Schöner sends a mental command to his 'link to merge onto the PAN.

<<<@Team [Schöner] Wunderbar!  Does anyone have any other questions they'd like me to ask?>>>
And while he's dealing wth AROs and his 'link he sends a quick message to social acquaintance of his that happens to provide libations to the vessel that their target often occupies.
<<<@Roberto Tzernobo [Schöner] I'm looking to have a party for some friends.  I know it can be difficult to get into the VIP area on the Barca d'Amore.  Think you could help out?  I can make it worth your while.>>>

The dark skinned dryad makes pleasant conversation with Frau Schnee and the table to buy a little bit of time for the other's to respond to his query.

[spoiler]
Schöner is ready to move on to the strategizing conversation.  He's got some ideas that he doesn't want to discuss in front of the Johnson.  He also will want to dig up some more info on her.  Knowing more about your Johnson is never a bad thing.
[/spoiler]

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <09-12-16/1807:50> »
"Again, thank you for your answer. Do you happen to have a copy of the investigation? It could help us on how to arrive at him."
" I am satisfied with the answers at the moment. I may have an idea on how to dispose of our man, once we get him. May I suggest that after the meeting we drive to a safe house to plan our next move?"

[spoiler]Do I need to roll or do I know a safehouse near our bar? In case could you roll from me as I'm from mobile? The baseline DP is 9(4+5)[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: <09-13-16/0223:59> by Haywire »