NEWS

Panzerknacker [OOC]

• 355 Replies

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <10-01-16/0843:31> »
I'll quote the passage and bold the relevant text

Quote from: SR5 pg 326

You learn to change the appearance of your aura (and astral form). You can make it look mundane, or make your Magic Rating look higher or lower by up to your grade. When someone tries to read your masked aura, the Assensing Test becomes opposed by your Magic + initiate grade—if they get any net hits, they see both your mask and your real aura. If you can use astral perception, you can even make your aura look like a different type (like a spirit or a focus—great for astral costume parties). You can also use this metamagic to mask the auras of as many of your bonded foci as your initiate grade.

So... GM call I guess? That it uses the phrase "net hits" makes me think its only treated as 1 hit, then it says "real aura" because SR5e rules really like being convoluted and vague sometimes.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <10-01-16/0918:26> »
Jupp, only one success from net hits.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <10-03-16/0017:04> »
@newcomers: May I ask you to give a description of how your characters look?
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <10-03-16/0354:44> »
Does anyone know what's up with Sabato Kuroi?

I haven't heard/read from him in a while.
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <10-03-16/0446:08> »
I don't. I was wondering the same.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <10-03-16/0859:02> »
According to his profile page, he hasn't been active since the 9th of September.

School maybe.
« Last Edit: <10-03-16/0900:49> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <10-03-16/1507:08> »
Let's for the moment assume he hasn't come out of hiding yet. If he turns up, he can get roped in later.
talk think matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <10-04-16/1839:33> »
Just letting folks know, I live in Charleston South Carolina, and it is looking very likely that I will be leaving town tomorrow before Hurricane Matthew starts fucking up my area.  May cause some hiccups in my posting ability, fair warning.

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <10-04-16/1946:35> »
Stay safe
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <10-05-16/0333:49> »
Thanks for the heads-up. Good luck and stay safe.
talk think matrix

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #70 on: <10-07-16/1107:12> »
Hey guys, just checkin in to let you know I'm going to be away from civilization/the internet for a few days. I'll be back Monday morning and will post IC as soon as I can. 

In the meantime, consider Kite to be quietly listening to plans being made. If the meeting breaks, she'll go collect her gear and meet at the base.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <10-07-16/1158:31> »
Alright, thanks for the notice.
talk think matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <10-09-16/1933:45> »
Okay, so interesting as this job seems, it is just the kind of Italian Job/Ocean's Eleven thing I could get into, there is no way that Devon could take this job.  It is not a guaranteed million dollar job, and with no advance, he would basically be dooming his father's clinic by disappearing that long without replacement.  He has no reason to trust ANYONE here, including the Johnson, who apparently doesn't even know him well enough to understand that as a hermetic, his lab is his medicine lodge, something he will need to do the work.

I am going to try again to give a reason to stay, but this thing could just explode on the launch pad.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <10-10-16/0318:37> »
Not that I'm averse to a bit of drama or that players actually use their drawbacks, but what you are showcasing here isn't Dependents but Day Job.
Dependents just mean you have to pay more for your lifestyle. Day Job means you have to spend time every week with your job. I wouldn't have oked your character if you'd have taken the latter quality.

This isn't good.
Building Characters that don't want to go on runs is very detrimental to a smooth game. As the GM I have to juggle quite a lot already and thinking of bullshit solutions to obstacles players needlessly inflict on themselves is not fun for me.
I remember specifically not wanting Snowflakes but Professionals

TLDR: I'm slightly annoyed by this kind of play.
talk think matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <10-10-16/0640:21> »
Yeah I can understand that, I should have gotten with you to explain this Quality before things started so it wasn't such a surprise, It isn't really a Day Job and it really isn't a case of Dependents either   It is more of a moral obligation than anything else, he actually can leave when he wants to, and the clinic wouldn't really fold without him, but that is how he sees it.

It is not a case of him being built not to go on runs, but this is a bit more than a typical run, and I have to acknowledge that as a character.  We are good now, sorry for being the problem child.