NEWS

Does Catalyst have any plans for Realmworks content market..?

• 10 Replies

adzling

« on: <11-12-15/1422:34> »
So it would seem that Lonewolf is finally prepping to release their content market for Realmworks.

Does anyone know if Catalyst has given any thought or has any plans for putting modules / adventures into the content market?

cheers

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <12-03-15/2302:28> »
I like the ideas behind the program but until they make it platform agnostic I have no use for it. I will however pay full price for it the day it becomes available for Mac OS and iOS

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-04-15/0702:32> »
I asked this question to Jason a while back, but there was nothing formally in the works at that time. I will the question again.

adzling

« Reply #3 on: <12-06-15/1721:09> »
Yeah I hear you Tek.
I run it on my macbook using parallels, works fine.
I use it for all my campaign and adventure plotting and even in-game as a tabletop display for the players.

The interface is crappy and they still have a long way to go to get the most of it but they are small company and doing the best they can I guess.
Regardless it is still the best tool out there for GMs doing long-running campaigns.

Thanks for checking AJ, I doubt that Catalyst has any plans but it would be great if they did!

cheers!

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <12-07-15/0153:08> »
I was a backer of the KS and want to use the system but I won't bog my system down with MS Bloat (My day job is with a fruity company) I have spoken many times with Liz and the engineers about where I think they went wrong on the back end but it is not something that can be fixed easily to cheaply at this juncture.

As for SR content, I think for now it will have to be uploaded by the users. LWD is stretched very thin with the code team. The SR group is having trouble with Hero Lab upkeep that I don't see them able to do RelmWorks at this time.

If you use Hero Lab and can do data input, they are looking for volunteers to upload info from the SR books. Hit their forums to apply.

Getting early copy of the books (the digital file once it is locked down for the printer) to LWD would help them immensely.

adzling

« Reply #5 on: <12-07-15/0933:26> »
Yeah I don't think they recognize they have an interface problem; custom calendars seems to have more significance for the forum posters over there than a useable interface.

I've input a fair amount of key content from the 4e and 5e sourcebooks to build our campaign world.
Despite it's drawbacks it's become a very valuable tool.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <12-18-15/0627:42> »
Just a quick note to follow this up. There has been some recent discussion on this...currently exploring options for providing Missions content, but still VERY early stages, so not timelines to work with.

adzling

« Reply #7 on: <12-18-15/0954:08> »
thanks for the update AJ

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <12-18-15/1319:22> »
Good to see more companies backing this idea and system. The more active the system the more it will standardize and hopefully become more open.

adzling

« Reply #9 on: <01-02-16/1802:15> »
thought i'd post this here.

Just a snapshot of my realm for our shadowrun campaign.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <01-02-16/2010:58> »
That is AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting adzling