NEWS

Prototype Transhuman Worth it?

• 81 Replies

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #75 on: <07-16-15/0706:20> »
Missions is a bit of an odd beast, though. It has to behave unlike default Shadowrun in certain ways, in order to suit it's own nature.

A standard game does not, for instance, have to worry about the earnest use of Code Of Conduct.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #76 on: <07-16-15/1031:16> »
It seems that the cost is probably 40 after chargen. Because RAW support that and it is in missions also.

"For the Adept Ways, is the cost to gain one after creation 20 karma or 40 karma?

I'm adding in a Retcon rule.  It's 20 if done as a Retcon, it's 40 if done later on.  Retcons can be done before your first game session after a new book becomes "Missions Legal" (or, in the case of Street Grimoire, before your next game session after v1.3 of the FAQ drops).
-Bull"

Source:
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=18293.msg325421

Eh.  Play a few missions, Retcon after a new book drops, arrange your Karma spend in the most optimal way.  Bull is no dummy, he knows that's what folks will do.  Pretty sure that is Bull's intent since, for whatever reason, Catalyst won't put out a simple errata clarifying the issue. 

adzling

« Reply #77 on: <07-16-15/1124:39> »
I don't have a hard quote to hand but it has been discussed in here and on other forums and freelancers have noted that both Ways and Martial Arts, although qualities, do not cost double post chargen.

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <07-16-15/1134:51> »
I don't have a hard quote to hand but it has been discussed in here and on other forums and freelancers have noted that both Ways and Martial Arts, although qualities, do not cost double post chargen.
Which is a real shame that there's no centralized official errata on that  :-\
Playability > verisimilitude.

FrowningMirror

• Chummer
« Reply #79 on: <07-16-15/1231:34> »
No its not really worth it I don't think. At least on the hyper specialized average combat adept everyone is thinking about. Its to me its similar to taking a 20 point quality like a way because I'm paying 10 karma, then I pick up another 10 karma negative quality. It saves me the power point I've spent on my bio adept build, but I only get another 2 points of improved ability.

Is +2 to one of your dice pools worth it for 20 karma?

Only people with crazy karma who just wanna see how high they can get their dice pool should take this. Which is this qualities real plus side, your not limiting yourself. Your not lowering a point of essence to limit your potential, you still have room for a few positive qualities you can get at character creation.
« Last Edit: <07-16-15/1241:15> by FrowningMirror »

Gargoyalll

• Newb
« Reply #80 on: <10-31-17/1339:11> »
Just a simple reminder you don't have to take a full point of essence worth of bioware to make this useful. I can spend ten karma and 126k to get muscle toner 2 and muscle augmentation 2 at a cost of 0.8 essence. the only thing i have picked is my priority C and i still have enough for gun, bullets, armor, fake SIN and a low to medium lifestyle. Nuyen is also the easiest thing toi get through game play so I always use it as a dump stat and then barrow, steal of buy what i need in game.

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #81 on: <10-31-17/1643:12> »
Just a simple reminder you don't have to take a full point of essence worth of bioware to make this useful. I can spend ten karma and 126k to get muscle toner 2 and muscle augmentation 2 at a cost of 0.8 essence. the only thing i have picked is my priority C and i still have enough for gun, bullets, armor, fake SIN and a low to medium lifestyle. Nuyen is also the easiest thing toi get through game play so I always use it as a dump stat and then barrow, steal of buy what i need in game.

The last reply before yours was 2 years old. People are much more familiar with the quality now.