NEWS

Group Implosion

• 35 Replies

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #30 on: <07-13-15/0459:54> »
I'm glad it could help, Sterling.  I still can't wrap my head around what douchebags those guys were being, and I'm glad you cut that sort of toxicity outta your life.  If I can use my largely imaginary power to brighten someone's day a little, and just cheer up a fan a bit, I'm glad to do so.  It's good to hear you've got a new group going, and I wish y'all many happy Sundays of dice slinging and telling cool stories.

adzling

« Reply #31 on: <07-13-15/1758:08> »
Wow, just wow.
I just stumbled into this thread and it started off so depressingly sad but it's amazing to see the Catalyst freelancers doing such a nice thing for you Sterling.

I grew up and spent my formulative gaming years in the UK moving back to the US after college.

There's a lot of stuff folks in the UK will not say as they would feel embarrassed that people in the US will just come out and say directly.
This could include stuff like "we don't like you're GM style" but WTF is that about bathroom breaks taking so long? That's just shitty (pun intended, vis a vis VIZ).
Either there's something else at play here or they really are a bunch o bastards.

It's gratifying to see you found an online group that works for you.

God those gits you used to play with make we want to hit them over the head with a 2 x 4.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #32 on: <07-13-15/1828:45> »
Wow, just wow.
I just stumbled into this thread and it started off so depressingly sad but it's amazing to see the Catalyst freelancers doing such a nice thing for you Sterling.

I grew up and spent my formulative gaming years in the UK moving back to the US after college.

There's a lot of stuff folks in the UK will not say as they would feel embarrassed that people in the US will just come out and say directly.
This could include stuff like "we don't like you're GM style" but WTF is that about bathroom breaks taking so long? That's just shitty (pun intended, vis a vis VIZ).
Either there's something else at play here or they really are a bunch o bastards.

It's gratifying to see you found an online group that works for you.

God those gits you used to play with make we want to hit them over the head with a 2 x 4.

Oh! Oh! Oh!

I will lend you my "GM stick"!

Is a 4ft long 2x4 with a tappered, leatger wrapped handle.

On side says "GM Judgement stick"
Other side says: "You were warned, Now you're beaten"

Works well. Even Iron Workers figure shit out after you hit them with it! (Altough you generally have to swing a lot harder to get through to them)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

adzling

« Reply #33 on: <07-13-15/1841:54> »
When did you start selling these on the internets?
If you haven't, why not?
I would buy one for like $20 to keep handy....

I will lend you my "GM stick"!

Is a 4ft long 2x4 with a tappered, leatger wrapped handle.

On side says "GM Judgement stick"
Other side says: "You were warned, Now you're beaten"

NovaHot1

• Chummer
  • Kind when I can be. Bastard when I have to be.
« Reply #34 on: <07-31-15/0139:11> »
Hey! Whattya know? I'm one of those players from Illinois in the online gaming group. Sterling's a hell of a player too. I think those dickwads didn't know how good they had it. Their loss is totally our gain. Bloody wankers...
Desire is irrelevant. I am a machine.

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <08-03-15/1245:22> »
Yay  :)

Good ending, glad it all worked out.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works