NEWS

Suprathyroid Gland and the Improved Reflexes Adept Power

• 78 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #75 on: <09-09-14/2316:37> »
Just got a reply from one of the freelancers.  This isn't official until it enters errata, but here's the explanation that I received:

"Any improvements to Reaction do thus increase Initiative, but the bonus from a Suprathyroid Gland does not directly affect Initiative Dice, like Wired Reflexes or Synaptic Boosters.  Thus, I would argue that the bonus is stacking so long as it doesn't give more than +4 bonus.  The only circumstance in which someone can break that +4 bonus is with drugs."

It sounds like a good rule of thumb for almost everything.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

faffner

• Newb
« Reply #76 on: <09-10-14/0623:35> »
...the bonus from a Suprathyroid Gland does not directly affect Initiative Dice, like Wired Reflexes or Synaptic Boosters...
So, it does affect Initiative Dice indirectly. Or not. Dice? Whatever... ;D

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #77 on: <09-10-14/1149:26> »
Initiative dice?

To be honest, this just made things even more confusing... But thanks for sharing.

Is this guy's whole answer? "Thus" is normally used after explaining something...

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #78 on: <09-10-14/1514:34> »
"Any improvements to Reaction do thus increase Initiative
- Pretty sure the "thus" refers to the fact that an improvement to Reaction also increases Initiative.

, but the bonus from a Suprathyroid Gland does not directly affect Initiative Dice, like Wired Reflexes or Synaptic Boosters.
- This means that an item that boosts "Initiative" refers to the Initiative Dice

Thus, I would argue that the bonus is stacking so long as it doesn't give more than +4 bonus.  The only circumstance in which someone can break that +4 bonus is with drugs."
- So the bonuses from Suprathyroid Gland and Improved Reflexes stack, so long as the character doesn't go above the +4 maximum for Reaction
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.