NEWS

SR4-SR5 Glitch rules... Changed?

• 1 Replies

Adeptus Technicanus

« on: <07-27-14/0033:27> »
I do not have my SR4 or 󾠯󾠷th anniversary rulebooks with me at work, but I was reading up on how glitching world in SR5, and it seems that it has softened. As I remember it, in SR4, if at least half your dice pool rolled 1's, and you succeed anyway (make the test), then you glitch. But in SR5, it reads as long as you get at least one hit (1 or more dice landed on 5 or 6),then you glitch.

So in SR4 of you failed to pass the test(and at least half your dice pool rolled 1'#), than you critical glitched. And in SR5 you have to glitch without a single 5 or 6 rolled in order to critical glitch.
Is this right? Am I just miss remembering it? Or has the game softened?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <07-27-14/0241:44> »
The glitches haven't changed - much.

In 4th edition, you glitched if 50% or greater of your dice pool came up as 1s, even if you got a hit.  A critical glitch occurred when 50% of your dice pool came up as 1s, and you got no hits.
In 5th edition, a strict reading of the rules states that a glitch requires you have to have 51% or more of your dice pool come up as 1s, even if you get a hit.  A critical glitch occurs when you get 51% or more of your dice pool to come up as 1s, and you get no hits.

So the only difference is in the wording - 4th edition states 50% or more, 5th edition states more than 50%.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.