NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #1050 on: <07-13-17/1830:15> »
Hey guys, maybe this was mentioned (dunno, search appears to be broken) but in the current stable version of Chummer the Red magic Tradition is listed as Willpower+ Logic when it is Willpower + Intuition for Drain. 

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #1051 on: <07-13-17/1851:49> »
is the shock mage quality eventually going to added? I see all the other FA qualities but that one.

Valis

• Newb
« Reply #1052 on: <07-16-17/1604:34> »
Magical Education from RF 71 seems to be missing.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1053 on: <07-21-17/0833:28> »
Magical Education requires the appropriate quality to take it.
Shock Mage I think I left out because I have no idea what 'an electricity-based skill' is supposed to be. I'll throw it in for the next build with just the spellcasting requirement.
Red Magic should be fixed in current nightly builds.

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #1054 on: <07-21-17/1834:25> »
Shock Mage I think I left out because I have no idea what 'an electricity-based skill' is supposed to be. I'll throw it in for the next build with just the spellcasting requirement.

Lightning Strike spell
Ball Lightning Spell
Elemental Strike (lightning) Adept Power

Basically anything that lets the caster/adept inflight lightning damage. At least that's how I understand it.

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #1055 on: <07-21-17/2357:56> »
I thought it meant something like hardware

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1056 on: <07-22-17/0219:50> »
Behold, the confusion. Is it skills, or is it spells?

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #1057 on: <07-22-17/0258:21> »
Is there a way to make dedicated spellslinger work to allow all the extra spells without deducting karma?
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1058 on: <07-22-17/0549:18> »
Should be working properly in the latest nightly builds; you should see a 'Free!' indicator on the spell selector window when it's got available points left to spend. Next nightly build will have improved behaviour for it in create mode, I thought of a better way to manage it for that.
« Last Edit: <07-22-17/0935:08> by Chummer 5 is Alive »

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #1059 on: <07-22-17/1033:24> »
as always thanks for the hard work your team is putting into this. Out of curiosity when will we see a new Release? there has been a lot of new features since the last update, and i was wondering when you guys say "ok we can release this"

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1060 on: <07-22-17/1056:53> »
Soon™. I don't like pushing major releases that have major outstanding issues and I got a bit overexcited with pushing the new attributes system, so there were a lot of things that needed fixing. It's still not quite where I want it to be, but it's progressing.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1061 on: <08-16-17/0935:03> »
Chummer 5.194 is now available.

Sorry for the long radio silence between stable releases for this one folks, I got a bit overeager the last time and released a couple of subsystems that really weren't ready for prime time. As ever I'd like to thank everyone who's taken time to provide support and assistance with the codebase, and everyone who's used our nightly builds to provide feedback and bug reports.

- Implemented the Prototype Transhuman quality in a manner that's closer to RAW. Existing characters in career mode will need to be ported manually. Please contact me via chummer5isalive@gmail.com for assistance with this.
- Fixed behaviour of the Group condition to properly report when one or more groups qualifies for a forbidden/required restriction.
- Fixed behaviour of the condition monitors to properly be checked and unchecked.
- Fixed behaviour of basic lifestyles to properly manage base-only multipliers.
- Converted UpdateCharacterInfo to be triggered by Application.Idle. This should reduce some latency caused by loading components of the interface, at the cost of a slightly deferred update of character details. In practice this should not be noticable under standard operating conditions.
- Fixed unused translation strings in the Armour, Weapon and Priority selection windows.
- Fixed an issue when selecting the Aware priority type that prevented it from properly receiving the correct skill bonus.
- HMHVV Strain II and III characters can now properly improve their Magic rating and should suffer the appropriate Magic penalty if taken in career mode.
- Implemented an ImprovementType to support replacing your base movement speed entirely, used for the Satyr Legs quality.
- Converted the save formats for decimal and integer values to not use the local culture. This should prevent issues with decimals not saving in a safe manner for non-English users.
- Updated the Build Summary tab to properly show the spell limits in create mode. Fixes #1662
- Implemented the Free Spell bonus type for Dedicated Spellslinger.
- Fixed behaviour of the Draconic Tradition when printing it to not cause a crash.
- Fixed behaviour of the Select Mentor Spirit window to not rely on names. Fixes an issue with the duplicate Oak mentors.
- Cleaned up some minor issues with the Select Vehicle Mod window.
- Added a SourceID to Vehicles.
- Fixed display of attribute Value to not include metatype minimum multiple times
- Implemented the Mentor's Mask from Forbidden Arcana, accessed through the Select Mentor Spirit window. Existing characters should remove and re-add the quality to choose this property.
- Added missing dice and multipliers for basic lifestyles. Existing characters should open any current lifestyles in order to refresh the values.
- Implemented the AddSpell improvement type for the Alchemical Armorer quality.
- Fixed an issue with cyberware decreasing to Rating 0 in create mode.
- Fixed a legacy issue in which an attribute's Base value also included the Metatype Minimum value.
- Changed the way Cyber-/Bioware Requirements are implemented.
- Implemented a selectcyberware improvement for use by the Soft Nanohive cyberware.
- Fixed behaviour of contact control to properly manage Family and Blackmail settings between Save/Load.
- Fixed support for AIs adding cyberware to vehicles.
- Added the ability to add the Underbarrel weapons from Hard Targets to other weapons via the Add Underbarrel Weapon menu option.
- Fixed an issue with vehicle fire modes not being enabled when using languages other than English.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to add mods to a vehicle in carer mode.
- Hid the option to create spells, as it's not supported in 5e.
- Fixed ordering behaviour that prevented qualities that don't contribute to your limit from being taken if the quality's karma would go over the quality limit.
- Fixed an issue in which French language clients would crash while loading their magic tradition.
- Improved create method for qualities to properly use the ContributeToLimit field.
- Fixed an issue with loading characters that would cause all equipment to become unequipped.
- Removed Omae character sheets if Omae is not enabled in the Options menu.
- Fixed a version check issue that caused non-release builds to think characters were created in 0.0.
- Fixed behaviour of the house rule to have Essence Loss only reduce your Maximum attribute value.
- Removed the character property OverrideSpecialAttributeEssenceLoss as it's redundant in 5E.
- Fixed behaviour of update method to not mangle filenames with non-English accent characters.
- Fixed cost discount for Dedicated Spellslinger when using the Aspected Magician quality.
- Fixed cost calculation of Dedicated Spellslinger to apply to all spells.
- Dedicates Spellslinger now properly provides free spells based on your Spellcasting skill.
- Fixed implementations of FreeSpellsATT and FreeSpellsSkill improvements to not require updating the improvements manually.
- Adept powers created before the powers refresh will now properly add the relevant bonus node for the adept way discount.
- Adept powers now store the source id for use in searching and such.
- Fixed rounding behaviour when using cyberlimbs to use Ceiling instead of Floor.
- Implemented support for knowledge skills in the selectskill improvement. Supports the Death Mentor Spirit.
- Crash reporter now creates a text file on the desktop, making recovery of submitted Crash-IDs easy.
- Exposed original English names and categories to the Print Methods for Qualities, Spirits, Spells, Metamagics, Arts, Enhancements, Complex Forms, Martial Arts, Limit Modifiers and Critter Powers.
- Added missing adept way discount for the Traceless Walk and Improves Reflexes powers.
- Fixed an incorrect skill linked to the Racing Bike PACK that caused a crash.
- Character sheets are now loaded by a manifest file (sheets.xml) stored in the data directory. This file follows the same restrictions and usage as other data files, so use custom_sheets.xml for custom content.
    - This allows for ensuring the use of characters that can't be reliably read by Chummer's updater process, and provides some room in the future for credits, instructions for use, etc.
- Fixed a crash when selecting spells with a positive Drain value and pre-existing modifiers from improvements.
- Fixed a crash when selecting the Implant Medic cyberware.
- Fixed removing Metatype qualities to work properly in create mode.
- Fixed display of Extra value for Critter Powers that don't have a bonus or Rating.

Data Changes:

- Fixed qualities.xml node layout to properly reflect XSD structure. Fixed issues with qualities that would not show up due to a lack of category.
- Refactored XSDs to use a common conditions.xsd file in order to prevent incorrect data entry.
- Fixed a typo in the Giger Spit spell.
- Fixed incorrect requirements for spells that require Initiate Arts.
- Fixed missing quality requirements/restrictions for the Apprentice quality.
- The Athlete's Way can now properly allow discounting the Skate power.
- Added missing bonuses for the Raven (Alt) Mentor Spirit.
- Fixed the drain attributes for the Red Magic tradition.
- Fixed the movement modification of the Satyr quality.
- Fixed a typo in the Spells template for character sheets that made Rituals show up as an Unknown category.
- Fixed issues with the Holy Text and Death mentor spirits that prevented them from being added.
- Added Content from 'State of the Art ADL' and its german translation (excluding critters and life modules).
- Removed a redundant selecttext improvement for the Hard Nanohive cyberware.
- Cyberwares with Capacity can now install the Hard Nanohive in the Nanocybernetics category.
- Fixed the Attribute Boost power to be selectable up to four times.
- Fixed one of the requirements for the Imbue Item spell that caused a crash.
- Added Translations for the Improved Reflexes Power after the Power Update.
- Added Underbarrel Weapons from Hard Targets as weapons. Set the Underbarrel Weapon accessories to Hidden.
- Hard Nanohives can now add Hard Nanoware as a gear item to themselves.
- Removed the Latent Source property from qualities, as it's redundant in 5E.
- Qualities now add notoriety, per SR5 368.
- Implemented the Death Mentor Spirit.
- Updated incorrect modifications for the Dodge General Trailer
- Added missing special equipment mod entries to vehicles from R5.
- Fixed behaviour of the Satyr Legs quality and Flight critter power to properly provide movement speed increases.
- Removed Uneducated from the Naga metasapient. Sorry sneks, not sure how that crept in there.
- Adepts with the Adept Spell power can now take the Focused Concentration quality.
- Implemented content from The Complete Trog. NB: Black Forest Native doesn't provide the skill bonus, Community Connection doesn't provide the housing cost discount, and Nasty Trog/Trog Leader don't have conditionals for their skill bonus so always apply.
- Added missing bonuses for the special tires from Rigger 5.0.
- Fixed cost formula for Handling Enhancement.

New Strings:

- String_Metatype
- String_Metavariant
- String_MartialArt
- String_SpellCategory
- String_Tradition
- String_DamageResistance
- String_Quality
- Label_SummaryRituals
- Label_SummaryPreparations

GhostGirl

• Newb
  • Do you believe in ghosts?
« Reply #1062 on: <09-14-17/0212:00> »
We're starting a new SR5 game and the DM is allowing us to build characters with 60 Karma to start. Is there a way to change the base Karma for character generation, either through a setting or changing a config?
"The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist."--Baudelaire

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #1063 on: <09-14-17/0244:14> »
To clarify, the DM is having you build with priority, and you get 60 starting karma instead of 25?

If that is the only change, just build normally, change the file to career mode and spend the remaining points as you would using the rules to improve character.  Main difference in pre and post gen karma is the cost of qualities( maybe contacts). Extra skills, spells, attributes, etc are the same.  I guess it might be different with mystic adepts. 30 points of PP and 25'in positive qualities.  You can outsmart the system in some ways. There is a "free" checkbox when choosing qualities that lets you select it without it deducting karma. 
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1064 on: <09-14-17/0344:00> »
Depends on the scope of what you want to do. If you want a complete replacement for the 25 Karma limit (This is also used for qualities) then you'd do a custom gameplayoptions file (saved as custom_extrakarma_gameplayoptions.xml in the data folder), like so:

<chummer>
  <gameplayoptions>
    <gameplayoption>
      <id>a0f05989-bd76-4fc4-ba17-2abcfdf0e0aa</id>
      <name>Custom</name>
      <karma>60</karma>
      <maxavailability>12</maxavailability>
      <maxnuyen>10</maxnuyen>
      <contactmultiplier>3</contactmultiplier>
    </gameplayoption>
</chummer>