NEWS

Gun H(e)aven 3 Errata

• 65 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #30 on: <01-22-14/1609:56> »
If only there wasn't a history of this kind of thing with CGL, people might not be so touchy about it, on either side of the fence.

Personal attacks are out of line - and I'm not sure there is one here, but calling yet another proofreading/editing error out SHOULD be done.  They need to be fixed, and CGL needs to take more time to find them before printing/release.

I mean, 3 pages of errata discussion for 30 some odd pages?  That doesn't worry/annoy you, honestly?  Let's fix it.
Before talking about how long the topic is, you may want to check how many errors there actually are. Most of the length is just debate and thus utterly irrelevant as to how much this needs to be fixed. If you can find more than the five errors I found reported in this topic, let me know.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <01-22-14/1628:54> »
Already fixed before you quoted.  Point stands though.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #32 on: <01-22-14/1635:38> »
If only there wasn't a history of this kind of thing with CGL, people might not be so touchy about it, on either side of the fence.

Personal attacks are out of line - and I'm not sure there is one here, but calling yet another proofreading/editing error out SHOULD be done.  They need to be fixed, and CGL needs to take more time to find them before printing/release.

I mean, 3 pages of errata discussion for 30 some odd pages?  That doesn't worry/annoy you, honestly?  Let's fix it.
Before talking about how long the topic is, you may want to check how many errors there actually are. Most of the length is just debate and thus utterly irrelevant as to how much this needs to be fixed. If you can find more than the five errors I found reported in this topic, let me know.
Every single mention of smartgun is listed as smartlink, that must be five right there
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #33 on: <01-22-14/1726:44> »
I'm not trying to be arsey about it mate

This quote doesn't make sense when followed up with this one:

Every single mention of smartgun is listed as smartlink, that must be five right there

Especially when you consider that it's obvious that Michael's mention of the five errors isn't counting each mention of smartlinks.

I'd be curious to find out how many of you guys have written anything professionally and made errors.  And bear in mind that professional writing would include reports for work, not just things that get published.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <01-22-14/1736:00> »
Wrote detailed manuals for computer systems and test cases for the Department of Defense as a contractor.  And each and every little mistake was pointed out to me and corrected.

At the same time, it wasn't personal and I didn't take it that way.  But it was a mistake, and needed to be corrected.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <01-22-14/1757:19> »
I did similar.  And at no point did anyone say something along the lines of these gems:

come on guys, 38 pages isnt too much to read through before it gets published surely????

Either less vocal about sloppy editing errors or less observant, perhaps both?

Which is very patronizing and quite a bit insulting.  I'm not lazy, and I doubt that anyone involved in the process of writing the books is lazy.  I'm not oblivious to things, and I doubt that anyone involved in the process of writing the books is oblivious.  And yet I missed these things when I read through the book a few times, and apparently so did everyone involved in the process of writing the book.  It's not that the errors shouldn't be mentioned - what shouldn't be mentioned are the personal-sounding barbs insulting those of us that missed the errors.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <01-22-14/1758:11> »
Compared to how badly they messed up the core rulebook, they've done a stellar job on this one. :P

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #37 on: <01-23-14/0654:50> »
I'm not trying to be arsey about it mate

This quote doesn't make sense when followed up with this one:

Especially when you consider that it's obvious that Michael's mention of the five errors isn't counting each mention of smartlinks.

I'd be curious to find out how many of you guys have written anything professionally and made errors.  And bear in mind that professional writing would include reports for work, not just things that get published.
I've done a lot of report writing. Anything that needs checking gets checked before I submit it.
When it is submitted, it is correct and all in order. Never thought that was too much to ask personally.
Anyways, this is getting a bit personal and heated so i'll bow out.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #38 on: <01-23-14/0736:49> »
Let's try to get back on track of reporting errata in this thread instead of complaining about it?

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <01-31-14/1321:23> »
And I'd like to submit the Rain Forest Carbine for errata as well, cause it broken...

I'm going with the assumption that it's actually a Sport Rifle (or even Sniper Rifle) instead of an Assault Rifle.  What kind of Assault Rifle doesn't have at least Burst Fire?  Also the entire book is grouped by weapon type except this one, which is smack in the middle of the Sport Rifles.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #40 on: <01-31-14/1344:46> »
As Sport Rifle its stats are still bad, really. And I think the idea of an AR weapon without BF in return for other stuff isn't that big a deal. But the issue is known, so we'll see eventually what it will become. No point in debating whether we think the type is wrong or its damage, or ap, or accuracy, or... We'll see what's intended once we get errata for it.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <01-31-14/1558:16> »
Maybe the Rainforest Carbine is supposed to actually be an Ares Excalibur!  Maybe the title of the gun is a misprint.

chinlamp

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <02-11-14/0031:10> »
Colt Inception p.14 "continued dominance in new this lucrative market segment"

'new' should not be there.

I've only gotten that far into it so far, and all the other errors I've noticed have been mentioned already.

Also, I'm seriously wondering if the new firing system for the 'metal storm' is just for flavour as there doesn't seem to be any sort of noticeable difference between them and others of their type.  Does anyone know if that's an error or if they really are supposed to be the same?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <02-11-14/0052:54> »
Also, I'm seriously wondering if the new firing system for the 'metal storm' is just for flavour as there doesn't seem to be any sort of noticeable difference between them and others of their type.  Does anyone know if that's an error or if they really are supposed to be the same?

The electronic firing mechanism was something from 4th edition Arsenal.  It just removes the physical trigger mechanism, and does nothing in terms of game mechanics.

chinlamp

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <02-11-14/0209:56> »

The electronic firing mechanism was something from 4th edition Arsenal.  It just removes the physical trigger mechanism, and does nothing in terms of game mechanics.

Wasn't what I meant, I meant the 'Arms Rain' guns.  The ones with the bullets in the barrels that you replace.

Not surprising you didn't know what I meant though.  I don't know how I got 'metal storm' as the name for them, but that's now what any character I make that uses them will refer to them as.
« Last Edit: <02-11-14/0212:05> by chinlamp »