NEWS

Anyone Else Have Holiday Gaming Special Sessions?

• 21 Replies

Juxtamon

• Newb
« on: <10-29-10/1701:23> »
This is just to drum up some conversation, because I know you're all so painfully, painfully shy.  (Lookin' at YOU, Usda! :o)

As the subject asks, anybody else's group(s) do this?  I mean, there's the 'it's a holiday, so we're not at work/in school - gamegamegame!', but howzabout actual theme-sessions?

Friend o' mine runs old-school KULT, and I've had some really interesting sessions at Easter, Thanksgiving, even Christmas.  Nothing says Winter Solstice Holidaytime like playing a KULT one-shot where you're all kids in a home on Xmas eve, and there's something coming down the chimney, all right...

We also had our Star Wars night on Fridays for a good stretch, and there were a couple of special additions to our game on a few occasions when our sessions hit the 13th of the month...  like a fairly-difficult-to-kill blade-weilding maniac lurking in the bowels of a nigh-abandoned Star Destroyer we had just 'reclaimed'.  (Ch- ch- ch-...ah- ah- ah-...)

Sadly, our Hallowe'en sessions usually don't work out, now that the majority of my circle is all married and kidded and such.  Which is too bad, since this is my favorite excuse to have some kind of event in the year. 

So?
"Was it in Tahiti?  Were we on the Nile?"

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <10-29-10/1720:48> »
Well that is unfortunate holloween is the best holiday for gaming. Then again my GM needs no exscuse to use zombies. Though now that I'm thinking about  it I kinda want to run Deadlands for holloween.
"You Metahumans and your emotions are quite inefficient." ~Codac

"I am the Matrix." ~Codac

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <10-29-10/1829:33> »
What a coincidence, I just happen to want to play Deadlands on Halloween, so get on it.

I would like to run Trail of Cthulhu, but unfortunately I do not have access to any of the books, nor the time to read any of them.
Pie > Cake

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <10-29-10/1843:21> »
I am infact working on it so start writing a character.

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <10-29-10/1852:43> »
Can i use the character from last time we tried to play? ???
Pie > Cake

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <10-29-10/1901:59> »
Was that the child Mad Scientist.

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <10-29-10/1904:02> »
Indeed.

PS. Sorry for borrowing your topic like this.
Pie > Cake

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <10-29-10/1907:09> »
Possibly I'll have to see the sheet.

Yeah sorry.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <10-29-10/1940:37> »
... I think I threw Kayla out. DAMNIT. Doom's on his way over right now so I'll probably just bug him to help me re-write her and maybe Dad, too, if we stay here. If we do a Halloween game it's gotta start EARLY. I work 6-2:30 on Sunday and 5-1:30 on monday sooo no late night. Plus Dad's taking my little brother out trick-or-treating.

But yeah. XD We usually do at least SOME kinda game on Halloween. I think that's when Codac did the whole improv pirate diddy didn't he? Or was that when Doom got Pathfinder. o_0;; I know we gamed together last Halloween and it was really right around the time I met you guys... I kinda wanted to get Dad to run Call of Cthulu, but we've been way too busy with the whole moving thing to get him to sit down and throw something together. This is also why Dad didn't jump on this thread but you got the rest of our gaming group. XD
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <10-29-10/2225:28> »
Our DM's running a Monsters PC one-shot for Halloween. I'm going to be a kobold monk, sworn to protect the preciou- *ahem* artifact from the evil, nasty, fat hobbi-*cough* adventurers.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #10 on: <10-30-10/0733:38> »
I know you're all so painfully, painfully shy.  (Lookin' at YOU, Usda! :o)
:-\ :-[ ??? :-\ :-*

Painfully shy? Me?
Is Madonna a nice wholesome singer? Pffft!

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, Housing issues to contend with. The gang is trying to get a cowboys & indian zombies game together for Frightnight, but I have to take my son out Trick or Treating. In my annual Wizards robes of course! Yup 44 years old and I still dress up for Halloween!

I am hoping the game is early enough for me to shoot a few arrows at the invaders ;)
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <10-30-10/1056:54> »
I know you're all so painfully, painfully shy.  (Lookin' at YOU, Usda! :o)
:-\ :-[ ??? :-\ :-*

Painfully shy? Me?
Is Madonna a nice wholesome singer? Pffft!

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, Housing issues to contend with. The gang is trying to get a cowboys & indian zombies game together for Frightnight, but I have to take my son out Trick or Treating. In my annual Wizards robes of course! Yup 44 years old and I still dress up for Halloween!

I am hoping the game is early enough for me to shoot a few arrows at the invaders ;)
Wow how did you get that from Codac might run Deadlands?
Pie > Cake

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #12 on: <10-30-10/1140:54> »
Inference & Supposition Doomsie! ;D

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <10-30-10/1753:11> »
Hm Cowboys and Indian Zombies I like it. :)

Also if you guys want to play Deadlands but it doesn't work out on All Hallows Eve I'd be up to running it another time.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #14 on: <11-01-10/1254:28> »
As it turned out the "kids" didn't game at all. But we all had fun on our respective frightnights!