NEWS

The current Metaplots

• 386 Replies

SpyroD

• Newb
« Reply #225 on: <09-18-13/0208:07> »
Wakshaani.

Eep. You'll have to drop me a line about that.

And then you have to drop us ten thousand  ;D

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #226 on: <09-18-13/0224:44> »
All good things to those who wait.

SpyroD

• Newb
« Reply #227 on: <09-18-13/0229:08> »

What else we could do apart from the incidental half baked ideas?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #228 on: <09-18-13/0933:36> »

No big, just worried I dropped somebody's plate-o-plot on the floor. I try to watch out for that!

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #229 on: <09-18-13/1327:30> »
I wonder if we will live long enought to have all this plots uncovered before we ascend ???
Or at least some novels to shed some light on that ;)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #230 on: <09-18-13/1342:47> »
No.

It all depends on what people propose, what is accepted, what is written, and what gets modified. And then parsing that out over time as plots change through direct and indirect alterations and reconsiderations.

Like I said, the one I'd been thinking about has been brewing for a long time. I wasn't able to work on anything since Clutch, including SR5, and have nothing on my plate as yet. So it's all speculation and whatever I've teased that exists for now. And I've teased a ton of different plots and just random ideas—some of which I planned or hoped to expand upon (and the biggest or most favorite are plotted out five to ten years out absent other writers' and editorial decisions), and others that I intentionally left dangling.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #231 on: <09-18-13/1558:55> »
I still believe in the old logging rule: For every plot you tie up, be sure to launch two more. I'd *much* rather have dangling plot threads than no threads left at all. :)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #232 on: <09-19-13/0217:07> »
IMNSHO, there should be dangling plotlines all over the place in a properly-evolving game like Shadowrun - because the writers give the GMs 'X, Y, and Z', and let the GM decide what happened with Y and Z while the devs decide what happens with X.  Oh, sure, Y and Z may get developed, but only so far - Act 1-3 is DevWritten, but Acts 4 and 5 are put together at My Table.

And in some cases (the 2057 UCAS Election, Missions results, Prop 23) it gets decided by the fanbase as a whole ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #233 on: <09-19-13/0222:31> »
So, out of curriosity...is there any basic plotline, or at least some goals, that stand unchanged and evolves since the beginning of shadowrun? At least for dragons and IEs? Since it would be setting-wise that those entities have plans drawn for realy long run, and forcing them to behave and decide in "human span tempo" would destroy their credibility

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #234 on: <09-19-13/1252:07> »
Lofwyr, for one, and ALamais (RIP) for another. Lung and Ryumyu, the Irish Tir, the Rain Queen, African ELves, Pomyra, several others.

Not everything's going according to plan of course, but, by and large, good to go.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #235 on: <09-19-13/1404:53> »
I can't recall who else mentioned it, I think maybe Wak, but this latest dustup among the Greats also showed that the immortals may have long-term plans, but at a (literally) lightspeed pace the Sixth World could not give less of a fuck about anyone's long-term plans.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #236 on: <09-19-13/1802:13> »
I can't recall who else mentioned it, I think maybe Wak, but this latest dustup among the Greats also showed that the immortals may have long-term plans, but at a (literally) lightspeed pace the Sixth World could not give less of a fuck about anyone's long-term plans.

I would think that IEs are as powerfull players as GDs, and with exception of what I would call posession of Halequinn, they are as subtle as GDs. Nothing else would let them survive this long and influence human civilization developement this significantly (now Im thinking about Leonardo and his impulses for innovation, Harlequin being the part of memesphere even before awakening etc. and also trackin their heirs and spike babies like Dodger or Frosty)

Tzeentch

• Newb
« Reply #237 on: <10-29-13/2032:31> »
So, out of curriosity...is there any basic plotline, or at least some goals, that stand unchanged and evolves since the beginning of shadowrun?
-- Tir na nOg? It's basically been untouched since their sourcebook came out. The only "big" plot movement was that the mists around the place were dissipating. Whoopedy doo.
-- Tsimshian AFAIK has basically followed the original design intent. Most of the NAN has been in stasis since they got updated in SONA. The Caribbean League is totally unchanged since SR1 except PERHAPS the events in Puerto Rico. Amazonia and Azania are both pretty much canon time warps too.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #238 on: <10-29-13/2245:06> »
There was also the whole NEEC application TNO was undertaking, but they'd be fools to continue trying to get into that club. Especially since opening up their borders and economy ended up just making a mess of things.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #239 on: <10-30-13/1243:47> »
There was also the whole NEEC application TNO was undertaking, but they'd be fools to continue trying to get into that club. Especially since opening up their borders and economy ended up just making a mess of things.
TNO?

Lofwyr, for one, and ALamais (RIP) for another. Lung and Ryumyu, the Irish Tir, the Rain Queen, African ELves, Pomyra, several others.

Not everything's going according to plan of course, but, by and large, good to go.

Pomyra?