NEWS

The current Metaplots

• 386 Replies

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #90 on: <08-10-12/0808:04> »
So, who else is worried that Fastjack's run may be coming to an end with these latest revelations in Clutch?
I've been thinking about this for a while, and ever since his run on the Dawkins Group, burning their node to the ground, Fastjack's had some of these lapses from time to time. We know two things about that encounter: Horizon uses psychotropics in those nodes, and Fastjack took damage from the attacks. Put two and two together.
Oh.  OH HELL.  Poor Jack.
Not worried too much if it's psychotopes. FastJack's got a lot of friends (and even MORE favors owed to him), so that he can probably get some help with that. Of course, it probably would mean needing to do a run on a delta clinic or something, and probably result in him finding Cap'n Chaos' "ghost" in the Matrix...
knowlledg or hope?
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #91 on: <08-10-12/0911:43> »
So, who else is worried that Fastjack's run may be coming to an end with these latest revelations in Clutch?
I've been thinking about this for a while, and ever since his run on the Dawkins Group, burning their node to the ground, Fastjack's had some of these lapses from time to time. We know two things about that encounter: Horizon uses psychotropics in those nodes, and Fastjack took damage from the attacks. Put two and two together.
Not worried too much if it's psychotopes. FastJack's got a lot of friends (and even MORE favors owed to him), so that he can probably get some help with that. Of course, it probably would mean needing to do a run on a delta clinic or something, and probably result in him finding Cap'n Chaos' "ghost" in the Matrix...
knowlledg or hope?
Alas, I'm not part of the internal workings at CGL. So, HOPE.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #92 on: <08-10-12/0930:09> »
One problem with that. The reason psychotropics are so nasty isn't that they screw with your head, but that they can potentially screw with your head, and you don't even know you need to get help. Sure, Jack can get help, but first he has to realize that he needs help.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #93 on: <08-10-12/1141:42> »
Enter Perri, I would hope.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #94 on: <08-10-12/1210:48> »
I updated the opening post to add this plot to the list. I like Fastjack (who doesn't?), so I hope he'll make it.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #95 on: <08-28-12/1027:43> »
Just updated the list by adding "the Geneva plot", following a suggestion by Zunimancer :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Zunimancer

• Newb
« Reply #96 on: <08-30-12/1115:44> »
Hey hey. Thanks for adding the plot Marzhin. And good work. Really usefull such an overview.

Also: thanks for sticky.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #97 on: <08-30-12/1422:35> »
Hey hey. Thanks for adding the plot Marzhin. And good work. Really usefull such an overview.

Also: thanks for sticky.
I stickied this since it seemed a great topic to keep around. ;)

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #98 on: <08-30-12/1527:18> »

Wooo, stickied by FastJack :D
(Groucho Marx)

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #99 on: <08-30-12/1530:12> »

Wooo, stickied by FastJack :D

That's just Too easy....... so I shall decline to comment.. lol

Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #100 on: <08-31-12/0302:11> »
[That's just Too easy....... so I shall decline to comment.. lol

Don't believe for one second it was worded that way by accident :)
But what's the whole point in making hilariously ambiguous posts if people refrain from reacting to it? :D
(Groucho Marx)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #101 on: <08-31-12/1935:35> »
It cannot be "repasted" without someones true invention?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #102 on: <08-31-12/2127:07> »
Nice list so far! Many kudos! I should note that there are more players in the Dragon game than just Hestaby and Lofwyr, however. Take a gander at Clutch. Some booty-kickingly cool stuff in there.

Aside from the dragons )And, really, who doesn't love dragons?), I'm probably most interested in the corporate stuff that's going on, with the Aztlan-Amazonian War and Horizon being right behind.

Not a big magic fan, the bugs, the Deep Lacuna, and stuff of that nature just does nothing for me. Luckily, the people handling those things love it, so, everybody wins. :)

(As for who shot Hestaby's Shaman guy, Plan 9 tells me that he thinks it's a time-travelling Dunklezahn, trying to win the claw of Firewings in hopes of breeding a new set of atomic Dragons. Shhh! Don't tell anybody!)

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #103 on: <09-01-12/0830:49> »
It cannot be "repasted" without someones true invention?

What do you mean?  ???

Nice list so far! Many kudos! I should note that there are more players in the Dragon game than just Hestaby and Lofwyr, however. Take a gander at Clutch. Some booty-kickingly cool stuff in there.

Thanks! I didn't want to go into too much detail (the goal is not to spoil the content of the books), but I added a mention of the facts the other dragons have schemes as well :)
« Last Edit: <09-01-12/0833:59> by Marzhin »
(Groucho Marx)

PrudentPanda

• Newb
« Reply #104 on: <09-20-12/0549:01> »
I'd like to add the following:

Big trouble in little China
Wuxing is not only named after the Chinese magical tradition but is known as the Wiz MegaCorp. Dunkelzahn left several magical items to the founding family of Wu (which lead to Wuxing's ascension to AAA-status), especially noteworthy the Third Coin of Luck, known for fertility. Wu's wife gave birth to identical quintuplets, named after the five elements of Wuxing magical tradition. Wuxing's HQ in Hong Kong literally sits on the major crossing of several dragon lines and the astral space around Wuxing's Aberdeen tower is visible to all. Given, that especially dragons are interested in this (Lung and Ryumyo anyone?) it will be very interesting to learn, who one of Wuxing's major shareholders really is: Fu Peng. Nobody seems to have seen this man. There are no records about him and he has no residence anywhere.
Books: Corporate Guide, Runner Havens
« Last Edit: <09-20-12/1113:27> by PrudentPanda »