NEWS

2050 PDF 90% done according to Facebook :)

• 50 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <07-13-12/1243:40> »
For the sake of the game one would hope not. Most implants are expensive enough at higher ratings (too much really) 400k for Wired 2 is ridiculous
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <07-13-12/1247:00> »
For the sake of the game one would hope not. Most implants are expensive enough at higher ratings (too much really) 400k for Wired 2 is ridiculous

I never thought so.  Of course, it's what I'm used to.
"It's not enough to complain.  You have to want to be part of the solution."

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <07-13-12/1258:05> »
According to Randall via Facebook, SR2050 went to the printer last night. Odds for GenCon...pretty good, though it might be tight.
Shadowrun on the Print Company to move up the priority of the product?

Pretty sure they commented on FB that they were planning/hoping to have it at GenCon.

AJC

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <07-14-12/1401:35> »
Actually... that was my next one to look at.

I have Twilight Horizon but I've only had time to take in the highlights.

Thanks Wakshaani

My pleasure. My first professional work's in there, waaayy in the back after the actual adventure's over.

I had to give a nod to Dreamchipper, as it's long been one of my faves.

2050's a book that I *know* will be popular locally. Tons of us old farts around here, waving canes at people.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <07-14-12/1509:41> »

I never thought so.  Of course, it's what I'm used to.

It wasn't that expensive back in third where I started in SR (not counting the Genesis video game), but there were implants that expensive or higher. Move-by-Wire 4 I'm looking at you--that implant was ridiculously expensive both in cost and Essence, especially since it practically required Delta grade to feasibly make use of it.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #20 on: <07-14-12/1634:15> »
It wasn't that expensive back in third where I started in SR (not counting the Genesis video game), but there were implants that expensive or higher. Move-by-Wire 4 I'm looking at you--that implant was ridiculously expensive both in cost and Essence, especially since it practically required Delta grade to feasibly make use of it.
You know that MBW4 being that ridiculously high was completely deliberate, don't you? You make it sound like it was an accident that it was so pricey; it was not.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <07-14-12/1658:04> »
Don't see how what I said could make it sound either accident or deliberate. All I said was the cost was ridiculous, but then I'm a firm believer in everything being feasibly available rather than costing so much as to basically be a "tease".

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <07-14-12/1804:05> »
Don't see how what I said could make it sound either accident or deliberate. All I said was the cost was ridiculous, but then I'm a firm believer in everything being feasibly available rather than costing so much as to basically be a "tease".

Everything is feasable in the world of Shadowrun.  if you want MBW4, break into a facility and steal it.  Far cheaper than buying it on the street.
"It's not enough to complain.  You have to want to be part of the solution."

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #23 on: <07-15-12/0127:50> »

Everything is feasable in the world of Shadowrun.  if you want MBW4, break into a facility and steal it.  Far cheaper than buying it on the street.
So. You steal it. What then?
Yeeeeah...I don't think I would trust 'ole Doc McGuilicutty from around the corner to install  ware that requires a team of scientists to set up much less install. You don't get that type of ware from a street doc and I'd be hard pressed to let players get that anywhere but a specialized facility. Probably a beta clinic. Not that it would have to be beta just that it would take that level of expertize (read as a guy with Medicine/implant surgery 5 or 6).
This is a system that should be in an jet fighter, not a human.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <07-15-12/0136:28> »
Not to mention that when it was available, to be feasible to use, it needed to be Delta grade, and with how custom tailored that is, you ain't stealing that.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #25 on: <07-15-12/0154:16> »
Not to mention that when it was available, to be feasible to use, it needed to be Delta grade, and with how custom tailored that is, you ain't stealing that.

No, but you can bribe your GM into letting you get one on the cheap in lieu of payment for a big run. ;)
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #26 on: <07-16-12/0053:14> »

No, but you can bribe your GM into letting you get one on the cheap in lieu of payment for a big run. ;)

That, Sir, has always been the choice option for runners. Get your Fixer to find someone that needs a favor big enough to get you what you want.
then you just have to see if you can pull off a job that big.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #27 on: <07-16-12/1713:44> »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #28 on: <07-16-12/1740:39> »
More than 90% done now.  ;D
That was very cool canray. Very cool.... Also, your a contributer? Dare I ask what part or would that be a spoiler?  It's looking prett cool! Oh and congrats on another published piece. Your really on a roll now.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #29 on: <07-16-12/1742:16> »
That was very cool canray. Very cool.... Also, your a contributer? Dare I ask what part or would that be a spoiler?  It's looking prett cool! Oh and congrats on another published piece. Your really on a roll now.
I've been told I can say what part I did.

I wrote the Matrix Chapter.

Or, to be more exact, I smashed the SR1 Matrix Rules and the SR4A Matrix Rules together until it made sense.  I used a very big hammer.

And played the Genesis Shadowrun game a lot to make sure I got the feel right.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11